Count 2: 2905.02A2 - ABDUCTION RESTRAIN LIBERTY

Count 3: 2905.01A3 - KIDNAPPING TERRORIZE OR SERIOUSLY HARM

Count 4: 2905.01A4 - KIDNAPPING ENGAGE IN SEXUAL ACTIVITY

Count 5: 2905.01B1 - KIDNAPPING REMOVE FROM PLACE FOUND

Count 6: 2905.01B2 - KIDNAPPING RESTRAIN LIBERTY

Count 7: 2903.11A1 - FELONIOUS ASSAULT VICTIM SERIOUSLY HARMED

Count 8: 2903.11A2 - FELONIOUS ASSAULT WEAPON OR ORDANCE

Count 9: 2903.02A - MURDER CAUSE DEATH OR UNLAWFUL TERMINATION OF PREGNANCY

Count 10: 2903.02B - MURDER CAUSE DEATH WHILE COMMITTING ATTEMPTING AN F1 OR F2 VIOLENT OFFENSE

Count 11: 2903.01A - AGGRAVATED MURDER PREMEDITATED

Count 12: 2903.01B - AGGRAVATED MURDER FELONY

Count 13: 2911.01A1 - AGGRAVATED ROBBERY DEADLY WEAPON

Count 14: 2911.01A3 - AGGRAVATED ROBBERY INFLICT ATTEMPT TO INFLICT SERIOUS PHYSICAL HARM

Count 15: 2923.24A - POSSESSING CRIMINAL TOOLS OR CONTROL SUBSTANCE DEVICE INSTRUMENT FOR CRIMINAL INTENT

Count 16: 2927.01B - ABUSE OF CORPSE OUTRAGE COMMUNITY SENSIBILITIES

Count 17: 2921.12A1 - TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE ALTER DESTROY CONCEAL OR REMOVE RECORD

Count 18: 2923.13A3 - HAVING WEAPONS WHILE UNDER DISABILITY DRUG RELATED CONVICTION

Count 19: 2923.13A2 - HAVING WEAPONS WHILE UNDER DISABILITY UNDER INDICTMENT CONVICTED OF FELONY

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...n/Livescan/2009_CAPS-ORC-Codes_BCI_Excel.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned before that he may have sexually enjoyed causing pain or torturing people. Perhaps there is evidence of that?

Oh his own gratif -eww

I knew that. I just would like to forget it.

It is actually a huge motive in these type of abuse abductions.

Someone mentioned before that he may have sexually enjoyed causing pain or torturing people. Perhaps there is evidence of that?
It's definitely a thing with lots of websites dedicated strictly to it. I learned way too much the last few weeks about what actually exists in the scary world wide web.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Well, I wonder if Worley' planning on keeping his same lawyer ;)

Well, I wonder if Worley' planning on keeping his same lawyer ;)
Im not sure he can. I think his lawyer is a bankruptcy attorney. I think given the gravity of his charges he would need an attorney that has the experience in such trials. I'd hate to see him appeal convictions on a technicality and claiming his attorney could not properly defend him

Let me add, given hos history of piss poor excuses, I totally could see him at a later date claiming his counsel was inadequate to try and save his sorry *advertiser censored*.

Any time you mishandle a dead body you are mishandling/abusing a corpse. A funeral home that stored and did not cremate or intern bodies got a bunch of those charges. Buryong someone in a shallow grave would be abuse of a corpse, as well as dismemberment or any kind of mistreatment of a corpse.

Right, Ginger, I understand "abuse of a corpse" charges, but wondering what in particular scaled it up to "GROSS abuse of a corpse". Obviously a stronger charge. It could be the burying her in a shallow grave (on someone else's property, to boot), OR it could be something worse...

There are a whole lot of things that could have brought that charge into play.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2907.01

I am (probably naively) hoping that it relates solely to the last item, (P), because of how she was bound.

Let me add, given hos history of piss poor excuses, I totally could see him at a later date claiming his counsel was inadequate to try and save his sorry *advertiser censored*.

I could too. BUT, since he is being pursued for the DP, he must have a DP qualified lawyer defending him so....

Good luck with that, JDW.

So it appears groping, or even kissing someone who is unwilling could classify as a sexual assault and maybe upped the classification for tge kidnapping with sexual assault. I would assume a hogtied victim with a gag would likely indicate a sexual intent. If there was evidence of fondling or groping, speaking sexually to her or torture for sexual motives would cross the line into the higher charge.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault

Right, Ginger, I understand "abuse of a corpse" charges, but wondering what in particular scaled it up to "GROSS abuse of a corpse". Obviously a stronger charge. It could be the burying her in a shallow grave (on someone else's property, to boot), OR it could be something worse...

Perhaps some of you can interpret the difference from this legal description? My best interpretation, since I cannot find a comparison of the two, is that they are basically the same. the difference being "what outrages a family" and "what outrages a community" (the quoted part below is from a funeral law blog, be aware before reading that it is graphic)

I would think a family would be outraged at whatever abuse happened to their loved one, but not always does a community feel the effect of that abuse. In Sierah's case, I think we are going to learn more, and if we think we are outraged now .... hold on. More may be coming. JMO

http://funerallaw.typepad.com/blog/2015/10/what-is-that-smell.html

Ohio law defines two different crimes. Abuse of a corpse, a misdemeanor of the second degree occurs when a person violates the following: “no person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that the person knows would outrage reasonable family sensibilities.” Gross abuse of a corpse, a felony of the fifth degree, occurs when a person violates the following: “no person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that the person knows would outrage reasonable community sensibilities.”
Committee Comments to the bill that established the statute explain that:
"This section prohibits treating a human corpse in a way the offender knows would produce righteous and reasonable outrage among members of the family. It covers conduct formerly prohibited by specific prohibitions against grave robbing and unlawful dissection of a corpse. It also includes other kinds of conduct, such as copulating with or otherwise mistreating a corpse. The section does not include conduct authorized by law, such as a mandatory autopsy or the exhumation of a dead body on court order."

Thoughts on JDW mental health or "How did he get to be this way?"
1] Seems like there is a genetic component;
2] I'm going to speculate that smoking weed was not to get "high" but self medicating, i.e., helping himself to feel "ok";
3] There had to have been trauma in his early childhood; abuse, domestic violence or other forms of trauma can affect brain development. Trauma can change the chemical activity of the brain, (cause the brain to be smaller) as well as lead to impairments and learning disabilities. JDW's brain was "toxic." IMO

Good Question. Regarding 1] We can't discuss "family members" but from what I've read, at least one other family member has displayed problem behaviors. Research shows that there are patterns that run in familys/ generations. Mental health diagnoses, addiction, domestic violence etc. So, if one family member has a diagnosis, chances are it's somewhere else in the family. That's a fact- not an opionion. When I say "seems like" there's a genetic component, I'm expressing my own thoughts, or, IMO.
Regarding 2] IMO Speculation. But I've worked in MH and drug and alcohol addiction for 20 years. Marijuana is so often used for self-medication when regular meds aren't prescribed or if one doesn't like the side effects. Self medication is so often used for depression and anxiety. Sometimes it's used to get "high." But lots of folks use it to "feel better" (or self medicate.) I think unless someone goes into recovery, they may not even realize they are self medicating. Not just marijuana. . . alcohol is often used to self medicate and it's more socially acceptable (and legal)to drink.
Re. 3] Trauma informed Care says that "Trauma is a near universal experience of individuals with behavioral health problems." http://www.thenationalcouncil.org/areas-of-expertise/trauma-informed-behavioral-healthcare/
An intervention I learned from the Sanctuary Model is this: to understand others (as well as ourselves) is to reframe the question "What's wrong with you?" . . . to "What happened to you?"

Thanks for the thoughtful reply!

Spellbound, there are some thoughts on that posted a few pages back :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member