Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know he didn't graduate. Wonder what happened? I do remember seeing his yearbook picture in an earlier thread, which included the years he was in gun club, wrestling, track, and agri business. Hmmm....his other business ventures must have been more intriguing than school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Didn't he start selling drugs when he was 14 years old?
He probably thought he didn't have to work.

He couldn't get rid of the remains by burning them. There would still be bones.

I followed another case where there were three victims. The suspect lived on a rural property and was burning something for a couple of days after the abduction. Although the case has not gone to trial, it's very likely that the victims were burned and that there was nothing more than bone fragments.

I've added the info that was included in the first 9 pages of this thread:

July 19

• 6:30-6:45 Sierah last seen by boyfriend (she is 3-4 miles from home)
  • 7-7:15PM abducted?
  • 6:30-800 Police ask for witnesses to motorcyclist with open face helmet near bicycle location
  • Worley cell phone pings for 2 hours near bicycle location
  • 9:05PM Sunset
  • 10PM boyfriend unable to reach Sierah
  • 11-11:30PM Sierah reported missing by parents

July 20

• 12:03AM Sierah bike located
  • 9:30AM Cornfield scene

July 21

• 7:03PM Barn search
  • 8PM 1st warrant time
  • Sierra Body Found ??

July 22

• 3AM Arrest

I followed another case where there were three victims. The suspect lived on a rural property and was burning something for a couple of days after the abduction. Although the case has not gone to trial, it's very likely that the victims were burned and that there was nothing more than bone fragments.

This has me worried, because I want him nailed so badly. If there were bone fragments, could those still have DNA to identify victims?

This has me worried, because I want him nailed so badly. If there were bone fragments, could those still have DNA to identify victims?

Bone marrow has DNA. I don't know much about DNA, but I know that in some cases it is possible to identify DNA from bone marrow. I wouldn't be too optimistic if the bones are found in a burn pit and are a couple of decades old.

The photo of a woman that was found in Worley's belongings - could that be Yvonne Reglar? Is that why there is a press conference 39 years after she disappeared? Might that be his first victim?

http://fox8.com/2016/08/05/fairview...n-case-of-teen-who-went-missing-39-years-ago/

If so, then I find it very interesting. That would suggest that as a serial killer, Worley first sought victims far from home, and over time chose victims within a couple of miles of his home.

But the media as well as LE have clammed up. Looking through the SW they would be able to say something more, even if it's a little, on what they have found.
I've noticed in some of their wording they want people to look one way while they go another.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I think the quiet also may have to do with the monster not knowing what they have found until they create the fullest and most prosecutorial developed picture. His lawyer will be looking for any cracks and missteps in order to provide him with the best defense.

July 19

• 6:30-800 Police ask for witnesses to motorcyclist with open face helmet near bicycle location

July 20

July 21

• 8PM 1st warrant time
  • Sierra Body Found ??

July 22

• 3AM Arrest

Sheriff Miller said officials discovered what is believed to be the woman’s remains about 6 p.m. Friday along County Road 7

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2016/07/24/Sheriff-says-body-found-in-Fulton-Co.html

Remains were found around 6:15 Friday night in an area off of County Road 7.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Fulton-County-man-arrested-charged-with-abduction-387934332.html

ETA thanks for organizing that otto

Hello. I am new here and have been following this case since the beginning. I am approximately 20 miles from the scene. My comment regarding the hood is maybe it was used to keep his victims from seeing the location he was taking them as in his property. Sorry if this was already mentioned as an idea.

Hello MsSpelled, I m new here also. I m 5 miles from abduction site, & 10 miles from JDW. Boy, I didn't know stuff like this happened out here. It makes you wonder, how many times did he pass our house. And I hope that pic he has isn't if one of our children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like Worley had roughly 48 hours between the time of abduction, and the time when police had zeroed in on his property. I'm still inclined to believe that after the abduction Worley intended to retrieve Sierah's bicycle and his belongings from the cornfield, but police were already on scene. Did he take Sierah to the other cornfield and bury her at that time? But ... why were the sandwiches in the barn when police searched the barn?

Updated timeline:

Tuesday July 19

• 6:30-6:45PM Sierah last seen by boyfriend (she is 3-4 miles from home)

Wednesday July 20

Thursday July 21

• 8PM 1st warrant time

Friday July 22

• 3AM Arrest
  • 6PM Sierah body found

Attachments

• SierahJoughin.jpg
    SierahJoughin.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 56

July 19

July 20

July 21

• 8PM 1st warrant time
  • Sierra Body Found ??

July 22

• 3AM Arrest
Authorities were at JDW house the 21 st (Thursday), he was in put custody after midnight (3 AM the 22nd, Sierah had not been found at that time).
Sierah's body was found (Friday) the 22 nd. http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/body-sierah-joughin-who-vanished-while-riding-bike-found-n615456

Less than 48 hrs. He was already being swab bed at 5:37pm on Thursday, 7/21 per the evidence receipts. They wouldn't have taken those at his home, so shave off some time for going to get him. They would have detained him immediately when he offered his story of "didn't steal anything or kill anyone" and told them about all his crappie he lost. So, let's subtract from 5:37pm....time for transport, time for getting the warrant, time for LE on site to radio in that they had a suspect and needed a warrant, going to get it signed by Judge Barber, delivering the warrsnt. Shall we say 3 hrs? So by 2:30pm or possibly earlier on the 21st.

Narrowing the time that he had with Sierah to 42 hours

Updated timeline:

Tuesday July 19

• 6:30-6:45PM Sierah last seen by boyfriend (she is 3-4 miles from home)

Wednesday July 20

Thursday July 21

• 5:37pm swabbed for DNA (in custody)
  • 8PM 1st warrant time

Friday July 22

• 3AM Arrest
  • 6PM Sierah body found

Less than 48 hrs. He was already being swab bed at 5:37pm on Thursday, 7/21 per the evidence receipts. They wouldn't have taken those at his home, so shave off some time for going to get him. They would have detained him immediately when he offered his story of "didn't steal anything or kill anyone" and told them about all his crappie he lost. So, let's subtract from 5:37pm....time for transport, time for getting the warrant, time for LE on site to radio in that they had a suspect and needed a warrant, going to get it signed by Judge Barber, delivering the warrsnt. Shall we say 3 hrs? So by 2:30pm or possibly earlier on the 21st.

Yep, less than 48. He had from Tuesday about 7 pm till about Thursday morning.

His lawyer will have full disclosure of everything that was found. There won't be any surprises, there.

Hello MsSpelled, I m new here also. I m 5 miles from abduction site, & 10 miles from JDW. Boy, I didn't know stuff like this happened out here. It makes you wonder, how many times did he pass our house. And I hope that pic he has isn't if one of our children.

Yikes that is a scary thought Browneyes3235!

Has anyone addressed why they took the shoebox from 16737. Cr 6?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I lost my last post somehow.

I think this sounds about right. I like that it fits with a theory someone else posited here, [GRAPHIC]:

He encountered Sierah and lost his belongings in the cornfield in the ensuing struggle. He would have been quite busy with her, especially as she would have fought back HARD. So, his priority would be to get her back to his barn. The sandwich, water bottle and straw, and other things lead me to believe she was there. He would have secured her there and returned to clean up the scene/retrieve the evidence. However, by the time he returned family/LE was already searching (even if the bike hadn't been found by then, people were already out looking.)

He would have had to scrap that plan and may have decided that it was too risky to keep her. So, he would have decided to get rid of her. He would have to go in the opposite direction of the searchers. I theorized that he cut across the fields to avoid detection, but why leave her so close to the road? More likely he is lazy and transported her to the burial site in his truck.

This scenario has both upsetting and reassuring elements. (Of course, the whole thing is upsetting!) It is upsetting in the thought that she may have still been alive, and thus still able to be rescued, during the time the searchers initially started to look for her. The reassuring part is that if it happened this way, he would have had very, very little time to carry out the rest of his sick plans. It is unlikely that he got anywhere beyond beginning to set things up, getting sandwiches and the like.

There was a search scheduled for 3:30 that day. They canceled it due to "weather". The storm that came through was a stroke of luck, and gave them a convenient excuse. At 3:30 they were already at his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman