OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was a good story. I have much respect for Sheila. I just couldnt imagine what she is going through, and still getting out there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That video was great to see - it struck me immediately how caring the interviewer was toward Sierrah's mom, instinctively putting her arm around her back, such a small but encouraging gesture. It gave me a feeling of small town/grass roots compassion which you don't get to see often. I'm so sorry for all this family has endured but they seem to be strong and am so thankful for the support they are receiving from so many.

I am an avid bike rider and think of Sierrah often while I am out on my daily ride. What would I do if I encountered a broken down motorcyclist/driver/someone in need of asistance?I would never have thought twice before about stopping to help.......but now I can definitely say I would be much more vigilant and wary after following this story.

Much love sent to Sierah's family. What a beautiful young lady who was done so wrong.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/S...out-Violent-Offender-Registery-395563321.html

Here is Sierahs mom on 13abc talking for the first time. This race brought in over 1,600 runners, walkers, and bikes.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Yeah it was a good story. I have much respect for Sheila. I just couldnt imagine what she is going through, and still getting out there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That video was great to see - it struck me immediately how caring the interviewer was toward Sierrah's mom, instinctively putting her arm around her back, such a small but encouraging gesture. It gave me a feeling of small town/grass roots compassion which you don't get to see often. I'm so sorry for all this family has endured but they seem to be strong and am so thankful for the support they are receiving from so many.

I am an avid bike rider and think of Sierrah often while I am out on my daily ride. What would I do if I encountered a broken down motorcyclist/driver/someone in need of asistance?I would never have thought twice before about stopping to help.......but now I can definitely say I would be much more vigilant and wary after following this story.

Much love sent to Sierah's family. What a beautiful young lady who was done so wrong.

The Sierah Joughin tragedy is reminiscent of the 2012 Mickey Shunick abduction/murder in Lafayette, LA, in so many ways. Both were college students abducted by serial sexual predators during bike rides who fought their attackers valiantly. In both cases the communities united in the search and offered their unending support for them and their families and friends, both during and after these tragic incidents.

For those that didn't follow the Mickey Shunick case, here is a link to Dateline and the Websleuth threads;

A Body of Clues
WED, SEP 16

It can take a body of clues to solve a case. That's the idea behind Blindspot. Take the case of Mickey Shunick. She solved her mystery by making her mark. Watch her story below.
http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/video/a-body-of-clues-526780995902

WS Forum: Mickey Shunick
Missing from Lafayette, La. since May 19, 2012. Sex offender Brandon Scott Lavergne was booked on first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping charges. Was he involved in other crimes?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?502-Mickey-Shunick

The Sierah Joughin tragedy is reminiscent of the 2012 Mickey Shunick abduction/murder in Lafayette, LA, in so many ways. Both were college students abducted by serial sexual predators during bike rides who fought their attackers valiantly. In both cases the communities united in the search and offered their unending support for them and their families and friends, both during and after these tragic.

Snipped by me:
The Mickey Shunick case happened in my home state and I followed it very closely. Mickey's killer was also convicted of the previously-unsolved murder of Lisa Pate. I'll be surprised if Sierah's killer isn't linked to other crimes.

Snipped by me:
The Mickey Shunick case happened in my home state and I followed it very closely. Mickey's killer was also convicted of the previously-unsolved murder of Lisa Pate. I'll be surprised if Sierah's killer isn't linked to other crimes.

Yes- there is a whole forum dedicated to Mickey/Lisa. Lisa Irwin brought me to websleuths, but Mickey was what really sucked me in. Such a sad sad case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snipped by me:

Plus we blamed her friend for separating from her after Taco Bell the same way we blamed bf for leaving Sierah while she was on bike.

But Mikey was expected at her siblings graduation the next day which was very devastating as well.

Plus we blamed her friend for separating from her after Taco Bell the same way we blamed bf for leaving Sierah while she was on bike.

But Mikey was expected at her siblings graduation the next day which was very devastating as well.

I can't speak for Mickey's friend...but poor Josh will never be the same. Can you imagine the burden of guilt and constant "what iffing" you would feel the rest of your life?? Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post

I can't speak for Mickey's friend...but poor Josh will never be the same. Can you imagine the burden of guilt and constant "what iffing" you would feel the rest of your life?? Horrible.

Mickey Shunick, vanished after leaving her friend Brettly Wilson's house on her bicycle in route home. A trip she had made safely so many times before. Sierah Joughin vanished while on her bicycle while in route home from Josh's house. Also a trip that she had made safely so many times before. Both Bretley and Josh were quickly ruled out by investigators and should have been considered innocent victims themselves. Due to Occum's razor we seem to hone in on the simplest explanation, even when there are indicators pointing to a much more complicated crime..

I can't imagine the burden of guilt that Josh, or Brettly are going through. Although with time and the tremendous support by their families, friends, and community members the burden of guilt should lessen. I doubt that it will ever completely dissipate.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Occams-razor
William of Ockham (1285–1347/49) that pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate, “plurality should not be posited without necessity.” The principle gives precedence to simplicity: of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred. The principle is also expressed as “Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity.”

Likewise, in science, Nicole d’Oresme, a 14th-century French physicist, invoked the law of economy, as did Galileo later, in defending the simplest hypothesis of the heavens. Other later scientists stated similar simplifying laws and principles.

Ockham, however, mentioned the principle so frequently and employed it so sharply that it was called “Occam’s razor” (also spelled Ockham’s razor).

Hi all. Thinking about Sierah tonight. Is the serial aspect of his crimes still a possibility? Seems like this aspect went silent. If there were cold case or any case DNA hits, wouldn't we have heard by now? When is his next court hearing?

Hi all. Thinking about Sierah tonight. Is the serial aspect of his crimes still a possibility? Seems like this aspect went silent. If there were cold case or any case DNA hits, wouldn't we have heard by now? When is his next court hearing?

I haven't heard anything. Anybody official who knows anything obviously isn't talking. I heard rumors early on, which were never verified or unproved.

I haven't heard anything. Anybody official who knows anything obviously isn't talking. I heard rumors early on, which were never verified or unproved.
I haven't heard anything local either. LE are keeping a tight lip so this sob doesn't walk free again. No pleas no missing a step to not get convicted.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I hope Josh is doing okay (at least as okay as possible) we are all thinking of him<3

'Crickets'... . "Silence by LE Investigators and the mainstream media is the serial predators most lethal weapon'..

Yes..sure is. I don't even know what to say anynore , eaxh post it feels like I'm saying the same things (frustrated beyond belief, maddening silence, etc). <modsnip> I can't stand this silence !

'Crickets'... . "Silence by LE Investigators and the mainstream media is the serial predators most lethal weapon'..

The silence in the Vanessa Marcotte case is quite concerning as it seems they are clueless as to who the killer is. The public hasn't been informed of anything

I can't speak for Mickey's friend...but poor Josh will never be the same. Can you imagine the burden of guilt and constant "what iffing" you would feel the rest of your life?? Horrible

NOPE.

I can not imagine the constant struggles that take place in his mind.

LOGIC says " ..It wasn't your fault! You had no clue a SICK PSYCHOPATH was out and about, YOU did NOTHING wrong! " However being a CARING and kind human being..LOVING her like he did..NOPE, I can't.

I listened to the podcast...they kept saying that Josh and Ce texted after they parted and they wanted to know how long that went on..They also were unaware that DNA has tied her to him. They had the moms age wrong and they said nothing or seemed to be unaware that the brother lived on the property. I sent them a private message and updated them as they were talking about doing an update podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member