GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they mean the whole thing should be done by the 26th? Or the following Monday from that?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Do they mean the whole thing should be done by the 26th? Or the following Monday from that?

I'm reading it as the Jury will have the case on the 26th

I'm reading it as the Jury will have the case on the 26th
Meaning it will be complete? Lol imabout to leave work to go to the trial. I hate not being there.

Would this be your local reporter?

https://twitter.com/nwseditor
Brian Koeller
@nwseditor Northwest Signal editor Napoleon, Ohio

Brian Koeller‏ @nwseditor 40m40 minutes ago
Proceedings moving faster than expected I #WorleyTrial . Judge announced there will be no session Monday or Thursday next week. State should wrap its case Wednesday and defense will begin next Friday . Expects jury to begin deliberating a week from this Monday

Brian Koeller‏ @nwseditor 42m42 minutes ago
Cellular analysis expert w/ FBI testifies this morning cell phones registered to Sierah Joughin and Worley intersected on night she went missing #WorleyTrial

- - -
his tweets from yesterday:
Brian Koeller‏ @nwseditor 19h19 hours ago
Brian Koeller Retweeted Brian Koeller
The farmer held onto the shovel for about a week before mentioning it to a law officer at an unrelated event. The officer came to get it the next day. #WorleyTrial

--Take away 2 from today’s #WorleyTrial - A farmer who works a couple of fields in the area of County Road between J&K found a shovel near a field in the fall of 2016. This is near where Sierah’s body was found buried. She was killed in July 2016

It was also pointed out yesterday he had no money b/c he quit his job to care for his elderly mother. There were a couple of purchases made on a personal checking account from Allied Express and Wicked Temptations, the same places the items were purchased on his mother’s account

--Today’s takeaways from #WorleyTrial - Defendant had 3 different checking accounts he had access to. He used one that was his mother’s (he had power of attorney) to purchase multiple items of women’s lingerie and, presumably, the bondage related items found in a barn
1:00 PM - 15 Mar 2018 from Wauseon, OH

Can anybody do tweets this aft? I am technically working :facepalm:

Can anybody do tweets this aft? I am technically working :facepalm:
Bad Bravo! ;)
I can pick up now at anytime, I'm done with chores and such.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Meaning it will be complete? Lol imabout to leave work to go to the trial. I hate not being there.

Then sentencing phase :grouphug:

Bad Bravo! ;)
I can pick up now at anytime, I'm done with chores and such.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Thanks so much Jena. I have a 4 p.m. deadline to get these reports done. I'm at home so nobody looking over my shoulder LOL I'll pop in and out and do what I can.

https://twitter.com/ToiCreel

Toi Creel@ToiCreel
2h2 hours ago Court is in session for Day 5 of the #jamesworley murder trial. He's the man accused of kidnapping and murdering Sierah Joughin back in July 2016.

Toi Creel@ToiCreel
2h2 hours ago Recap from yesterday. We heard from BCI investigators and got more insight on #jamesworley 's bank records. Investigators found 3 debit cards in a wallet with his ID & social security card. 2 in his name and one in his mother's name but he was power of attorney.

Toi Creel@ToiCreel
2h2 hours ago #jamesworley 's bank records show purchases to websites: Ali Express and Wicked Temptations. Prosecutor's say that explains where the sex toys and lingerie found on his property came from.

Toi Creel @ToiCreel 2h2 hours ago Currently in the courtroom: FBI Cell phone analyst Joseph Jensen explains cell phone towers. In his opening statements Prosecutor Scott A. Haselman mentioned #sierahjoughin and #jamesworley cell phone signals showing up at the same place around 7:45 the day she went missing.

Toi Creel@ToiCreel
2h2 hours ago FBI analyst #JosephJensen testifies that he arrived on the case the day when the body of #SierahJoughin was recovered. It changed the way he conducted his analysis. "It was no longer an active investigation, now it was a historical investigation."

Toi Creel@ToiCreel 1h1 hour ago FBI analyst #josephjensen pulled cell phone records for #SierahJoughin and #JamesWorley. Cell phone towers show both phones in the same area at the same time.

Toi Creel@ToiCreel
1h1 hour ago The State brings another witness to the stand in the murder trial of the State Vs. #JamesWorley . BCI Forensic Scientist Emily Miller.

Toi Creel@ToiCreel
33m33 minutes ago Court back in session after a 20 minute recess. BCI Forensic Scientist Emily Miller describes the evidence submitted for testing including: a motorcycle helmet, paper towels and clothing. All items tested presumptive positive for human blood.

Toi Creel@ToiCreel 30m30 minutes ago Sunglasses were also swabbed for blood, also clothing, lace bandeau (Joughin was found wearing, among other things, wearing a bandeau).

Toi Creel@ToiCreel 12m12 minutes ago BCI Investigator describes evidence submission of blanket and air mattress found in #jamesworley 's barn. Semen and blood were both identified. Blood was also found on Worley's boots.

Would this be your local reporter?

Brian Koeller
@nwseditor Northwest Signal editor Napoleon, Ohio

Brian Koeller‏ @nwseditor 40m40 minutes ago
Proceedings moving faster than expected I #WorleyTrial . Judge announced there will be no session Monday or Thursday next week. State should wrap its case Wednesday and defense will begin next Friday . Expects jury to begin deliberating a week from this Monday

Brian Koeller‏ @nwseditor 42m42 minutes ago
Cellular analysis expert w/ FBI testifies this morning cell phones registered to Sierah Joughin and Worley intersected on night she went missing #WorleyTrial

- - -
his tweets from yesterday:
The farmer held onto the shovel for about a week before mentioning it to a law officer at an unrelated event. The officer came to get it the next day. #WorleyTrial

--Take away 2 from today’s #WorleyTrial - A farmer who works a couple of fields in the area of County Road between J&K found a shovel near a field in the fall of 2016. This is near where Sierah’s body was found buried. She was killed in July 2016

It was also pointed out yesterday he had no money b/c he quit his job to care for his elderly mother. There were a couple of purchases made on a personal checking account from Allied Express and Wicked Temptations, the same places the items were purchased on his mother’s account

--Today’s takeaways from #WorleyTrial - Defendant had 3 different checking accounts he had access to. He used one that was his mother’s (he had power of attorney) to purchase multiple items of women’s lingerie and, presumably, the bondage related items found in a barn
1:00 PM - 15 Mar 2018 from Wauseon, OH

Yes, sorry I’m supposed to be working ha. He is local to Napoleon Ohio and has been a writer for the paper as long as I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toi Creel
‏@ToiCreel
47s

Only some of evidence was tested for visible blood stains. In the cross examination the Defense went through the extensive list of items that were not tested. Also mentioned though items test positive blood, when & where stain created is unclear. Court will resumes after 1 pm.

I have to run out for a half-hour or so. I will be back asap

hold the fort, Jena? It’s so hard to keep up, I know :giggle:

ETA ... perfect timing for lunch break. Get up and stretch

I have to run out for a half-hour or so. I will be back asap

hold the fort, Jena? It’s so hard to keep up, I know :giggle:

ETA ... perfect timing for lunch break. Get up and stretch

Will do. Not much going on at the moment anyhow. lol

I'm scarfing a Sammy and typing as fast as I can. Two laptops in front of me :blushing:

Taryn Lawson@cntarynlawson43s
Testimony HAS resumed in People v. Worley, but struggling with internet access inside the courtroom today. FBI SSA Joseph Jensen on Worley, Sierah’s cell data: “These arcs, at some point, do appear to intersect” on day she went missing. #WorleyTrial

Taryn Lawson@cntarynlawson
Court will not be in session Monday; will resume Tuesday a.m. Heard from 2 of 4 expected witnesses today, Jensen and forensic biologist Emily Miller (BCI), who tested swabs from Worley’s crate, and said no semen was ID’d on victim’s rape kit. #WorleyTrial

Brian Koeller@nwseditor44 seconds ago
Defendant used mother's checks to buy garments #WorleyTrial

I can’t remember exactly what has or has not been reported so forgive if these are already covered here. I caved in and bohght a subscription to Crescent News (in Defiance, OH) for a month, to follow their coverage . The following were from their last update early this morning, so would be from yesterday’s proceedings. I have to check with mods as to whether I can quote from the site, so for now I will paraphrase:

https://www.crescent-news.com/news/...cle_020008a8-cbf0-5bcf-8ce1-0f00a7fea839.html

Computer search history of comouter at JW residence:

Explicit sexual terms were searched from JW computer called xvideos.

Keyword searches showed interest in teen girls and forced sex; forced sbused teen, hogtyed (six). SJ was bound in similar way a month after the search.

“hogtyed” search was made 6/24/2016, at 5:03 am.
[FONT=&]
Google history showed:

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Purchase history pdf proced purchase of size small belted violet panties (like was found in green crate)
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Stain on panties in crate belonged to SJ, per Prosecutor’s opening statement, determined through DNA
[/FONT]

Thanks so much for doing this Spell!

Is the presence of semen the only thing rape kits look for? Would that be how they determined she wasn't sexually assaulted or do they look at other aspects as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710