GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Is there any way WHATSOEVER to search his yard (as I mentioned before)? Miles and miles of fields? Any way whatsoever to search for other victims?
While it's possible his has other victims, my question would be, is anyone looking for them? Did he target a sect of the population less likely to be reported missing? It doesn't appear so. He had a victim that was lucky to survive, she escaped. And Sierah was reported immediately. It doesn't look like he likely has other deceased victims. JMO

I read quite a bit today and did not see that the handcuff key was on his keyring, but rather the key was in the handcuffs on poor SJ when she was found. Did I miss this?

There was one on his key ring and another in the barn on top of the one attached to her hand cuffs. I will have to look for the article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was one on his key ring and another in the barn on top of the one attached to her hand cuffs. I will have to look for the article.

I missed that there are 3 keys to the handcuffs. Completely missed it. This seals the deal for me even if I'm the most doubtful juror. Wow. Thank you!

We need a lip reader for that video of Robin's testimony.
He didn't even look at her, he was looking straight ahead or at the judge and has some type of blinking rapidly problem
He is a predator. Predator's don't stop hunting for 25 years. This guy never stopped hunting. Everyday was an opportunity. He was always looking. I shudder to think about how many girls are buried out in those fields. Buried 4 feet down so the combines don't bring them up.

3dd9ffdc45a5f9bf063cea57e8884551.jpg

84fbb35b0fdbf0bdb7adc952a355cb21.jpg

Just a thought.....

While it's possible his has other victims, my question would be, is anyone looking for them? Did he target a sect of the population less likely to be reported missing? It doesn't appear so. He had a victim that was lucky to survive, she escaped. And Sierah was reported immediately. It doesn't look like he likely has other deceased victims. JMO

There is a thread on here...James Worley potential victims that started when he was arrested. Back in the 80's 90's there were quite a few women that went missing...mainly prostitutes (at that time Worley was employed in close proximity to where these women went missing) that were never solved. I think 2-3 were actually found out in the Swanton/Delta area...never solved. I would say people are looking, they just can't FIND anything. I remember talking to the sister of one of the missing from Toledo and the last person that saw her, picked her up, a man...that she told her mom she had a hinky feeling about...and she has never been seen again. The man was driving a rental car from DELTA. The sister told me that LE just flat out stopped looking..it would be nice to know WHO RENTED THAT CAR! Lori Ann Hill is a good possibility also. The night she went missing, she actually walked by his house...was kidnapped and found in a field. They liked the ex for it but could never convict him and he had always maintained innocence anyway. Lori Ann Hills sister, who was on this thread, believes that Worley is responsible for her death..

MamaP...well that totally sums him up!

There is a thread on here...James Worley potential victims that started when he was arrested. Back in the 80's 90's there were quite a few women that went missing...mainly prostitutes (at that time Worley was employed in close proximity to where these women went missing) that were never solved. I think 2-3 were actually found out in the Swanton/Delta area...never solved. I would say people are looking, they just can't FIND anything. I remember talking to the sister of one of the missing from Toledo and the last person that saw her, picked her up, a man...that she told her mom she had a hinky feeling about...and she has never been seen again. The man was driving a rental car from DELTA. The sister told me that LE just flat out stopped looking..it would be nice to know WHO RENTED THAT CAR! Lori Ann Hill is a good possibility also. The night she went missing, she actually walked by his house...was kidnapped and found in a field. They liked the ex for it but could never convict him and he had always maintained innocence anyway. Lori Ann Hills sister, who was on this thread, believes that Worley is responsible for her death..

Were they onto Worley for her disappearance and eventual murder from early on, just by searching for offenders or criminal backgrounds in the area? I know he was not a registered sex offender, and I know the family is working hard for the violent offender registry.... but did LE know his background already or find it pretty quickly and he was immediately a point of discussion? Or were they led to him only by the tip?

I grew up in Swanton and remember the LH case. Yes I believe he could be the person. Her body was found. I am trying to think of where someone would have rented a car in Delta. I worked at the airport at a car rental place in the early 80's. I do hope there are still some leads to follow up on.

Were they onto Worley for her disappearance and eventual murder from early on, just by searching for offenders or criminal backgrounds in the area? I know he was not a registered sex offender, and I know the family is working hard for the violent offender registry.... but did LE know his background already or find it pretty quickly and he was immediately a point of discussion? Or were they led to him only by the tip?

They came across him during the search for SJ;

During the search of a cornfield, authorities found her bike, evidence of a struggle and two pairs of sunglasses, one of which belonged to her, according to the search warrants.
They also found a screwdriver, and a motorcycle helmet covered in human blood. The blood and the sunglasses were later revealed to contain Worley's DNA, search warrants show.
Missing helmet
Before the DNA tests were conducted, investigators searching for more clues in the area came across Worley's property, search warrants show.
Authorities talked to Worley, who told them his motorcycle had broken down in the same location, and that he'd lost his helmet, screwdriver, sunglasses and fuses, according to the search warrants.
"These items were precisely what items were found on the scene, and it was not made public that any of these items were found," the search warrants say.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/29/us/ohio-james-worley-suspect-sierah-joughin-killing/index.html

and today we have:

*Trial continues (Defense will present their case today) (Day 8) (@ 8:30am ET) - OH - Sierah Catherine Joughin (20) (July 19, 2016) - James Dean Worley (57) indicted on 2 counts each of aggravated murder, abduction & felonious assault; also with having weapons under a disability, aggravated robbery (dismissed), 4 counts of kidnapping, 1 count each of possessing criminal tools, gross abuse of corpse & tampering with evidence. DP case; accused of abduction 26 yrs ago. Trial should last about 4 weeks. Sierah's BF is nephew of WS member jasrema.
Court regularly starts at 8:30. Every Thursday will be a half day (starting at 1pm) in order for the court to take care of some house keeping things and for jurors to have a little break.
3/22 update: Pros rested their case on 3/21. Defense will begin Friday (3/23); closing arguments expect Monday (3/26) and the jury to should begin deliberating.

Question: Closing arguments will be on Monday. Is this open to the public? Is it possible to attend? If so where do you need to be or do you need to contact the courts prior?

Ground penetrating sonar.

So there is special equipment? I had never heard of this before.

My husband uses it for work. He’s an underground utility locator. They have the GPR (ground penetrating radar) unit that’s fairly sensitive in picking up signals for various materials. Only thing (I believe) that it doesn’t pick up is plastic. Because he’s always complaining about PVC pipes lol.

https://www.crescent-news.com/crime...cle_d0fcbbcb-53f2-51ce-8e05-08cf4eb24784.html[FONT=&quot]
Worley’s charges include murder, aggravated murder, gross abuse of a corpse and kidnapping. If convicted of aggravated murder, Worley may face the death penalty. Upon such a conviction, the trial would enter a mitigation phase, during which witnesses could testify to offer support for reduced punishment.

On why RG was allowed to testify:
[/FONT]
http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2018/03/21/Previous-Worley-victim-takes-the-stand.html[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Prosecutors in Ohio are permitted to enter into trial evidence of prior crimes to establish “proof of motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, or absence of mistake or accident,” according to documents filed last week by Fulton County Prosecutor Scott Haselman. Judge Jeffrey Robinson read to jurors a similar advisory before testimony.

Question: Closing arguments will be on Monday. Is this open to the public? Is it possible to attend? If so where do you need to be or do you need to contact the courts prior?
Fulton county common please court. Yes it is open to the public. Just show up. Don't take your cell phone unless,you want them to hold onto it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Fulton county common please court. Yes it is open to the public. Just show up. Don't take your cell phone unless,you want them to hold onto it.

Sit to the left [emoji171] for SJ

https://mobile.twitter.com/lelindstrom

Lauren Lindstrom@lelindstrom10m
Read @vanmccray's interview with Gardner the day Worley was arrested in the Sierah Joughin case. She's said all along she was willing to testify
https://t.co/UJ65Isq4Up?amp=1

Lauren Lindstrom@lelindstrom·2m
Today in #WorleyTrial the defense begins its case. The prosecution rested Wed. with testimony from Robin Gardner, 1990 abduction victim that sent James Worley to prison for 3 years:
https://t.co/8mrCqxJVX6?amp=1

Lauren Lindstrom@lelindstrom·3m
She told jurors about her July 4, 1990 bike ride in rural Lucas County, when a man struck her with his truck, held a screwdriver to her throat, and threatened to kill her. She survived when she escaped his truck, handcuffed, and got the attention of a passing motorcyclist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx