GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a lip reader for that video of Robin's testimony.
He didn't even look at her, he was looking straight ahead or at the judge and has some type of blinking rapidly problem
He is a predator. Predator's don't stop hunting for 25 years. This guy never stopped hunting. Everyday was an opportunity. He was always looking. I shudder to think about how many girls are buried out in those fields. Buried 4 feet down so the combines don't bring them up.

Exactly- and now a lot of people “no-till” their fields so they aren’t plowing and turning the dirt over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes me sick to my stomach to know one of people who is testifying for the defense. I really wish they could live stream for the rest of the trial. I wonder if they will be able to have live feed for the verdict?

DNA from both at each crime scene. Though for me, it was the weird pink colored underwear found on his property that had her DNA on it. No reason for it to be there.
Phone pings that lined up.
Helmet, that he admits was his, covered in her blood.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

In addition to the above list...the footage from Evergreen HS where Worley returned back to the crime scene.

He's the only one there (I assume, but I'm not in the courtroom)....and even though there is no eye witness or video evidence....they have a lot that points straight to him, and nobody else!

It makes me sick to my stomach to know one of people who is testifying for the defense. I really wish they could live stream for the rest of the trial. I wonder if they will be able to have live feed for the verdict?

How hard this must be for you. Is this person supportive of Worley, do you know? Or is he/she testifying only because they were summoned?

we spend a great deal of our leisure weekends in the area. I feel so much empathy for the community, knowing how hard the Chelsea Bruck case hit our own area.

I can only remember 2 places in Wauseon that had rental cars. I can't recall if there was one Delta.

How hard this must be for you. Is this person supportive of Worley, do you know? Or is he/she testifying only because they were summoned?

we spend a great deal of our leisure weekends in the area. I feel so much empathy for the community, knowing how hard the Chelsea Bruck case hit our own area.

It literally makes me ill.TI have known this person for years. To be honest I have no idea because he refused to talk about it. I am thinking he may be a character witness? I guess we will find out today.
My continued prayers are for Sierahs family, Josh & his family, friends, community and all you wonderful people on here.

It literally makes me ill.TI have known this person for years. To be honest I have no idea because he refused to talk about it. I am thinking he may be a character witness? I guess we will find out today.
My continued prayers are for Sierahs family, Josh & his family, friends, community and all you wonderful people on here.

He probably was told no to speak about any of this before his appearance. It is possible he had contact for one of Worley’s “businesses” and saw nothing that will be helpful.

As you said ... we should know today.

I grew up in Swanton and remember the LH case. Yes I believe he could be the person. Her body was found. I am trying to think of where someone would have rented a car in Delta. I worked at the airport at a car rental place in the early 80's. I do hope there are still some leads to follow up on.

I know...when she first said "Delta" rental, I thought to myself she must mean the airport. I can't imagine Delta having a car rental place.

MichelleWTOL@michellezepeda
The People vs. James Worley - this morning the defense called two friends of Worley to testify and have now rested their case @WTOL11Toledo

WTOL 11@WTOL11Toledo47s
BREAKING: The defense has rested in the trial of The People vs. James Worley. The defense only called two people to the stand, friends of Worley.
CLICK HERE for what will happen next: https://buff.ly/2HS4q6r

Wow that was quick!

http://www.wtol.com/story/37785573/...y-expected-to-begin-monday?clienttype=generic

[FONT=&quot]After the defense rests its case, court will reconvene on Monday and the jury will hear closing arguments from both sides, along with instructions on the charges and how the deliberation process works.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The are 17 charges that the jury will need to deliberate to determine if James Worley is guilty or not guilty on all counts.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Because there are so many charges, reaching a verdict may be a lengthy process. And because this is a capitol case, the judge is taking every precaution possible, including sequestering the jury.[/FONT]

Given the quick defense presentation....I think the jury could be back soon. They might not even need the weekend. Or am I wishful thinking?? Thoughts???

EDIT: I see now that closing arguments have not been presented. Shucks...I was really hoping we could wrap this up. On the upside...I am on Spring Break next week...so I might just have to go and see the closing arguments first hand. That would be, if I can get someone to take my dear toddler son to preschool.

Lauren Lindstrom@lelindstrom 1m
Defense rested its case a short time ago after calling two witnesses, both friends of Worley's who were familiar with his motorcycle and engine shop. Story from me coming shortly on http://toledoblade.com . #WorleyTrial

Brian Koeller@nwseditor5m
Defense called 2 witnesses today, both 40-Year friends of Worley. Both rode motorcycles with him. One says a few years ago he bought the helmet that has been entered as evidence in the case, added it was new at the time & did not have blood on it.#WorleyTrial

Brian Koeller@nwseditor1m
Second witness said he rode motorcycles with Worley, up to summer of 2016. Said Worley did have mechanical problems with motorcycle, but could usually get it going. Also said he saw marijuana drying in a barn on Worley property & watched *advertiser censored* videos w/ Worley #WorleyTrial

Brian Koeller@nwseditor1m
Closing arguments expected to begin Monday morning, case to jury by noon. #WorleyTrial

Lauren Lindstrom@lelindstrom·7m

Defense rested its case a short time ago after calling two witnesses, both friends of Worley's who were familiar with his motorcycle and engine shop. Story from me coming shortly on toledoblade.com
- - -

court will reconvene on Monday and the jury will hear closing arguments from both sides, then the jury will begin deliberations, probably by noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro