GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Indiana closed down a town's high school's sports program because fans were shouting racial slurs from the bleachers. Well, this is way worse than name calling. This was rape combined with a conspiracy to obstruct justice. This town loved their football so much and were ready to flush a victim's rights down the toilet. Close down the sports program till 2016.

Seriously. They can no longer deny this happened and just "move on like all is right in the world".

EVEN IF people still don't believe they were guilty, a court of law says they were.

What are the chances of further charges being brought, against the many adults culpable here?

You mean they will still be registered, and have to have visits with their report person (parole officer or whatever they are called)...just the number of times per year will be determined?

He did say something about adults having to do it every 90 days. Maybe they would only have to go twice a year or something?

If that is the case, maybe not such a tragedy. The judge's hands may have been tied with actual sentancing. Juvenile court is there in order to correct behaviors I guess.

They were found guilty and that's something the family should hold onto.

yes, correct.

Indiana closed down a town's high school's sports program because fans were shouting racial slurs from the bleachers. Well, this is way worse than name calling. This was rape combined with a conspiracy to obstruct justice. This town loved their football so much and were ready to flush a victim's rights down the toilet. Close down the sports program till 2016.

That is directly related to a sports event though. This is during a weekend while partying, albeit one of the parties was at a coached house, it is different. imo

Seriously. They can no longer deny this happened and just "move on like all is right in the world".

EVEN IF people still don't believe they were guilty, a court of law says they were.

What are the chances of further charges being brought, against the many adults culpable here?
`

Let's hope the Feds jump in now. This is a hate crime that crossed State lines. Time for the FBI to get to work.

Pitiful. A slap on the wrist at best. IMO this has set back women's rights 50 years. The jocks are still getting special treatment. I am very disappointed but not surprised.

Finally...someone who is willing to stand up and say NO, this is not ok!

`

Let's hope the Feds jump in now. This is a hate crime that crossed State lines. Time for the FBI to get to work.

I don't think this crossed state lines. I think the only federal crime would be related to the videos.

In case you guys aren't watching...the Attorney General has called for a Grand Jury.

I like what this AG is saying. Happening across the country every Friday and Saturday night.

Young people have casualness about rape and sex. Cavalier attitude.

And he wants to put a stop to it. Society has an obligation to educate that it's not OK.

You know...something may happen under his watch.

thank you, Mike DeWine, for standing up for the victims of rape!!

Potential charges - missed the first part but he did say tampering of evidence.

He said the stuff speculated in the media are possibilities.

He wants this to happen quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back