GUILTY OH - Summer Inman, 25, abducted & murdered, Logan, 22 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the Arrest Warrants:

-911 call from the man who was peppersprayed by Inmans was made just after 11pm

-Summer's father called 911 a few minutes later, because Summer had texted him saying she was on her way home, and then never showed up. He found her keys lying in the alleyway, when she didn't come home from work. He told LE that Summer was going through a divorce with a bitter custody dispute, and a restraining order on her husband.

-Officers investigating the scene talked to two other witnesses who said they heard a woman screaming and saw a man pushing the woman into a car.

-Footprints were found in the bushes in the alleyway by LE

-WIjr phoned police the day after the abduction to say he wasn't in Logan the day before. Cell phone records for both Jr and Sr indicate they arrived in Logan at 5:49 pm that night

-The GPS showed Inmans arrived back in Akron at 2:15 am

from the video here:
http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_10105.shtml

More details for the Timeline.

Note the planning by WIjr in calling the family about the children earlier in the evening, saying the vehicle was broken down. :furious:

The police chief's affidavit also reveals that a GPS recovered from the Inmans' home in Akron provided apparent details about the family's travels.

The device showed directions on traveling from Akron to Logan on March 22, when Summer disappeared, with arrival in Logan at 5:49 p.m. The device then was turned off and reactivated in Logan at 11:46 p.m., showing arrival back in Akron at 2:15 a.m. on March 23.

"The Inman family has attempted to mislead police, lying about their whereabouts," Miller wrote. Will Inman contacted Logan police on March 23 and said he had not been in Logan since March 17. Telephone records showed his cellphone in use in Logan on the evening of March 22.

A warrant obtained in Akron to search the Inmans' home on March 23 stated that Inman claimed his car was broken down along an interstate in the Cleveland area on the evening of March 22. A gold "security enforcement officer" badge was among the items seized from the house.

When he called 911 about his missing daughter about 11:47 p.m. on March 22, Michael Cook said that Will Inman had called the family earlier that evening to report he could not pick up his three children for visitation the next day because his car had broken down. Will and Summer Inman were involved in a bitter divorce.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ws-inman-kidnapping-well-planned.html?sid=101

My oh my! I just watched the 6:00 P.M. news on WBNS-TV tonight.

WBNS showed a video from last December where the elder William A. Inman had a sudden violent outburst with a Vinton County Sheriff's Deputy last December when the Inmans were evicted from their Vinton County home.

Video Shows Alleged Kidnapper's Violent Streak

Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:30 PM
WBNS-10TV

LOGAN, Ohio — Video released on Thursday showed a violent outburst by a man accused of kidnapping his daughter-in-law and suspected in her death.

The video was taken in December, when deputies evicted the Inmans from their home.

Deputy Ryan Cain said Summer was most worried about her father-in-law, who, in front of deputies, blamed her for the family's problems.

When Summer's boyfriend pulled up, it sent William A. Inman into a rage.

"He said he was going to '(Expletive) shoot him. Or (expletive) kill him,'" Cain said. "He squared off with me and said 'Don't put your hands on me.' I said, 'Now I've heard you yell at everyone else here long enough, you're going to be placed under arrest.' He said 'No, I'm not.' And it just instantly turned into a fight."

Cain eventually had to use a Taser to subdue William A. Inman.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/03/31/story-logan-inman-deputy-tape.html?sid=102

I am still worried about other women in this family, or any wider group that the Inmans were part of. Inman Sr said he was ordained, told his pastor that he felt called to preach some years ago, and one of the articles I just read said that he considered himself a religious leader. Have there been any details yet about any "congregation" or followers he might have had?

Killer Clue: Tires from suspected killer's car found thanks to Parma teen

After the crime, the Inman's tried to change the appearance of the Crown Victoria by selling the tires, and the tires just happened to be sold to a teenager in Parma.

Once the teen and his grandfather realized the FBI was looking for the tires, they immediately contacted local authorities.

"Called the Feds, they went nuts ," said the teen's grandfather, Kevin Ruic. "They came out, they tested whatever was on the tires and said, that's our tires. And they took the tires and gave him his money back.

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=14358218

Summer's parents granted custody.

A murdered Logan mother's parents are granted custody of her three children in probate court Thursday.

Summer Inman's three children will be staying with Summer's parents, Mike and Debra Cook
Custody was granted during a Thursday morning hearing in Hocking County probate court.

Summer's husband, who is in jail and charged in connection with her abduction, declined to participate in the hearing, but listened to the proceedings by speakerphone.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar...an-helps-the-family-of-summer-inma-ar-439464/

There are a few errors that I noticed on first glance of the Search Warrant (like 2 Children), but, I also noticed that it says WIjr's cell phone was back in Akron at 12:00 pm on March 23, 2011.

I wonder if this is a typo, or if WIjr's cell phone really was back in Akron at 12:00 pm on the 23rd?

That would mean he wasn't in Cleveland getting new tires put on at 10:00 am (though he would have had time to be filmed at 7:23 am at the Carwash south of Cleveland). ????

The Crown Vic owned by WIsr is indicated to be back in Akron at 2:30 pm on the 23rd in a seperate notation, so, this does imply to mean that perhaps there were 2 vehicles being used.

OK in a calmer frame of mind now - but no less sickened by this crime - I'm willing to accept a coercion defense from people who have been abused and conditioned for a long period of time but there is a limit. Those who claim victim status and yet are ACTIVELY involved in the victimisation of someone else when they clearly have an opportunity to get away from the abusers and call for help as SI did get NO sympathy from me. She not only stayed when she could have driven away the second her men were out of the vehicle, she WARNED them that someone was behind them. I absolutely agree she didn't 'roll over' because of remorse but to save her own sorry hide. Beneath contempt

Evidence shows kidnapping of Summer Inman was well planned
Summer Inman's kidnapping -- and eventual death -- appeared well planned and included law-enforcement overtones such as the use of a Taser and plastic zip-tie handcuffs.
An unidentified man who approached two men forcing her into a car outside a downtown Logan bank about 11 p.m. on March 22 reported he came within a foot of her abductors.
The men were using a Taser to stun the mother of three, the witness said, adding that the woman driving the car shouted to the men: "Someone is behind you!"
More...

So MIL not only pepper-sprayed the witness but alerted to husband and son that he was there...

So MIL not only pepper-sprayed the witness but alerted to husband and son that he was there...

According to the latest articles, it appears one of the men sprayed the pepper spray, but this really makes no difference in my mind regarding Sandra Inman.

The men were reportedly outside of the car and she was behind the wheel at the time of the pepper spraying. She could have hit the gas and gotten out of there, leaving the men behind. Instead she chose to warn them that someone was behind them.

Of course they had Summer, a taser, and pepper spray, but there were witnesses in the area and without a get away car at the ready, maybe Summer could have been saved.

RIP Summer. These people didn't deserve to be graced with your presence. Justice will be done, on earth and beyond.

This may have already been posted. This is a cached page of William A Inman's 'Mercy Ranch' get-rich-quick scheme.
Basically....'we really care about people in need' SO, buy raffle tickets from us and when we have recieved $1,000,000 we will raffle off a prize to one lucky poor person.
He mentions Will Jr and Summer in his plea for money. FWIW: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

This may have already been posted. This is a cached page of William A Inman's 'Mercy Ranch' get-rich-quick scheme.
Basically....'we really care about people in need' SO, buy raffle tickets from us and when we have recieved $1,000,000 we will raffle off a prize to one lucky poor person.
He mentions Will Jr and Summer in his plea for money. FWIW: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

I saw that and saw one post somewhere when he announced the raffle was being postponed until they had reached their goal. I wonder if that was the plan all along... kwim? Take the money and run kinda thing.

Hello everyone.....

I am new here and I joined because of this interesting forum. I have been following this case closely, as my husband and I know the Inmans quite well.

A little background if I may.......The Mercy Ranch was not a get rich quick scheme at all. Bill was ordained a minister almost 2 years ago - I remember it clearly because both Bill and Will had to stop working on our house early that day....as they had to drive from Ohio to Tennessee to take the test to become ordained. Will and Bill knew the bible backwards and forwards - it had to take years of study to know it like they did.

Taking in homeless people and helping them was what their new ministry was going to be about. It was "their" church focus and their mission in life....to help these types of people. The truth is, they helped everyone in any way the could, not just the homesless - they gave to others before they gave to themselves......so you can imagine how shocked we are about Summer and what they have done.

Summer's boyfriend, was one of the homeless people they took into their home so he had a place to live ( the entire family Bill, Will, Sandy, Summer, the 3 kids, Bill's mother, and the homeless guy all lived in Bill's home - together) - a short time later after moving him in ( week or two) Summer, the 3 kids, and the homeless guy ran off together. They were in love. Life went downhill from there....and the divorce was nasty, ugly and maddening.

Got to run out to breakfast....so I have to stop here but I look forward to posting with you again.

Welcome Gummieshoe! Did you even see a violent or controlling nature in Bill or Will especially towards women? In your opinion, did they use they knowledge of the Bible to support negative ideals towards women or in any other way? Thank you and I appreciate your opinion on here.

Another welcome, Gummieshoe.

I saw a post on another site by someone who said that Summer's boyfriend was never homeless, he lived with his mother while going to school, and only spent one night with the Inmans, as he and the Junior Inman commuted together (if I recall correctly).

My question to you is, when you say that the boyfriend was homeless and the Inmans took him in, how long was it for? And do you have this knowledge first hand, or is that merely what was relayed to you by the Inmans?

Thanks, and I hope that all the questions you are about to get hit with dint chase you off. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back