OH - Todd Morgan, 41, murdered in his home, Cleveland State professor, shot in head/torso - Hudson, 19 Apr 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very sad for TM’s mom. Her impact statement broke me. Wishing serenity for her. What a nightmare she is going through. Hope she finds happiness through TM’s children. Though, her son will never be replaced.

Agree with the children’s mother’s impact statement directed toward TP. She is lacking love. Emptiness of existence. You (TP) have lived a life devoid of love, support, and purpose.

I hope TP will do better than she's been. I believe in miracles.

jmo

W

Well, it looks like they offered her a nice plea deal so they could cover up the details of the professor's murder. That's very suspicious.

It will be interesting to see what kind of sentence Paschal receives. JMO, this whole thing seem shady. Someone pulled a lot of strings to hide the reason why the professor was murdered and what he and the killer were up to.
23-year minimum. Seems really light for a woman who shot the professor in the head and chest in his own home. moo

It infuriates me allocution isn't part of the plea deal. IMOO, it should be.

23-year minimum. Seems really light for a woman who shot the professor in the head and chest in his own home. moo

Absolutely @GoBuckeyes …. was thinking the same! …. The 23 years is surely on the low end of such a crime…… And then I checked and see the defendant is now ~32 years of age. So IIUC she was ~ 30 - 31 years when she committed this crime? It’s not IMO like this individual was a young inexperienced child that committed this horrid offense! Have to agree with @Betty P too….. (in my own words….) WITH is going on here? Light sentence, sealed file too IIUC? Something is off IMO. Wonder what else is buried in the files for this now convicted felon? MOO

There have been some serious paperwork errors in the last several years in Ohio courts, some in NE Ohio. It's not a perfect system and serious mistakes are sometimes made.

There was another mistrial in the last few years for a man accused of killing a woman and her daughter in their home. There was a mistrial in a Cuyahoga County jurisdiction due to a paperwork error. Fortunately, the trial on related charges took place in Summit County, where he was convicted. Can't find the link, but a dangerous killer was nearly set free.

Absolutely @GoBuckeyes …. was thinking the same! …. The 23 years is surely on the low end of such a crime…… And then I checked and see the defendant is now ~32 years of age. So IIUC she was ~ 30 - 31 years when she committed this crime? It’s not IMO like this individual was a young inexperienced child that committed this horrid offense! Have to agree with @Betty P too….. (in my own words….) WITH is going on here? Light sentence, sealed file too IIUC? Something is off IMO. Wonder what else is buried in the files for this now convicted felon? MOO

If you look back near the beginning of this thread, you'll see that the killer began committing serious and some violent felonies when she was a juvenile. For lack of a better expression, she's hard core. Most likely a sociopath/personality disorder who has a bad temper with no feelings of remorse or empathy towards others. Whatever happened in Mr. Morgan's house that day escalated very quickly to cold blooded murder.

Very sad for TM’s mom. Her impact statement broke me. Wishing serenity for her. What a nightmare she is going through. Hope she finds happiness through TM’s children. Though, her son will never be replaced.

Agree with the children’s mother’s impact statement directed toward TP. She is lacking love. Emptiness of existence. You (TP) have lived a life devoid of love, support, and purpose.

I hope TP will do better than she's been. I believe in miracles.

jmo
I would like to correct you on your statement, only one of the children’s mother attended. I know this because I know the family of the other child. TM was married b4,and not to the mother who spoke today. There is a lot that was not mentioned and yes buried.

I don't know about that. I imagine they offered her the plea well before trial was set to begin, and she chose to take it today, probably at the urging of her own attorney. Why would the prosecutors waste all that time preparing for trial only to offer a last minute plea deal?

TM was an assistant professor of management at the business school at Cleveland State, I doubt he was privy to any secrets worth covering up.

I will be disappointed if we never find out motive in this crime.
I wouldn’t speak about things you don’t know… I do know and yes there are things kept secret…

Agree. It apparently, is a secret (the best kept secret) ... no one writes about it? Maybe to protect minor kids, idk.
I am so curious to know any details about a relationship (if there was any) between TS and TH. jmo
You are right to say “best kept secret”, there are a lot of secrets and a lot that the public doesn’t know… I do know bc I know the family of his ex wife and first child. Protecting the kids is a priority… however, there is a lot more to this than the public knows.

I don't think I've ever heard a judge thank the defendant for taking a plea deal in a horrible murder case, but then I don't watch too many trials.
It's a light sentence, jmo.
The poor family of Todd Morgan. It is extremely sad for his kids.

TP did the right thing by taking accountability. Here is what the Judge said:

“There’s nothing that the court can do to make this better, to make this OK, to make this any easier," the judge said to the victim's family shortly before announcing the sentence. "I will say that the avoidance of a trial is a benefit to everyone because it is an extremely traumatic experience for everyone involved. There would be images and things that you would have to see that you could never un-see. And so I appreciate Miss Paschal for taking responsibility for this and making it so that the family does not have to go through any additional trauma based on the actions that occurred back in April of 2023.”

What the heck happened here?
What possibly could have been the reason for all this obsequiousness in preventing this trial?
Everybody involved seems to know, but it cannot be spoken or acknowledged.
Weird.

I can understand the desire to protect the children. Perhaps some of it comes from a desire to protect the victim's employer, though I don't see how they could possibly be harmed.

This article appears to have some more information. I’ve never posted a link before and am also on mobile. Apologies if this is jumbled!

“According to the files, Morgan was shot seven times inside his home. Detectives discovered that Morgan’s cell phone had been taken by his killer”

“The files show that another major break in the case came when detectives found two burned mild cigars at the murder scene, and DNA testing later linked them to Paschal.”

Computer records revealed that Paschal was active on dating sites and apps, and that’s how she met Morgan. On April 18, 2023, the day before she made the fateful trip to Hudson, records show Paschal searched online for Morgan’s profile and photos of his house.

“They mutually agreed to meet so he let her in the house, but there was nothing that would have led him to suspect anything was going to go wrong when they met. This was the first time they actually met in person,” said Summit County Prosecutor Elliot Kolkovich.”

“The files show that after the murder, Paschal did daily searches of FOX 8 News and other websites for details about the case, and about police techniques on tracing phones and computer records.”

This article appears to have some more information. I’ve never posted a link before and am also on mobile. Apologies if this is jumbled!

“According to the files, Morgan was shot seven times inside his home. Detectives discovered that Morgan’s cell phone had been taken by his killer”

“The files show that another major break in the case came when detectives found two burned mild cigars at the murder scene, and DNA testing later linked them to Paschal.”

Computer records revealed that Paschal was active on dating sites and apps, and that’s how she met Morgan. On April 18, 2023, the day before she made the fateful trip to Hudson, records show Paschal searched online for Morgan’s profile and photos of his house.

“They mutually agreed to meet so he let her in the house, but there was nothing that would have led him to suspect anything was going to go wrong when they met. This was the first time they actually met in person,” said Summit County Prosecutor Elliot Kolkovich.”

“The files show that after the murder, Paschal did daily searches of FOX 8 News and other websites for details about the case, and about police techniques on tracing phones and computer records.”

I recall reading that she had taken his cell phone and met him through a dating app. Assume she did that to prevent LE from tracking his text or app activity back to her. Assume there was some financial transaction with her by the victim. I'm not familiar with these apps, so do customers usually pay in advance for a date via the app? If so, was Paschal demanding more money when she arrived at his home?

If she searched his house online, it sounds like she planned in advance to possibly rob him or commit some other crime. What she didn't factor in was nearby neighbors who were at home while she was there, heard noises, saw her and her car.

Paschal brought a gun with her and used it. Did the victim have a gun? What prompted her to shoot him? Did he try to defend himself or threaten to call 911?

Two cigars in the ashtray would indicate she may have spent some time there. Was it before or after the murder? Was there a second person with her, besides Mr. Morgan? Was Mr. Morgan smoking the cigar? Did it contain drugs?

Bloody foot print on deck - Was it the victim's or Paschal's? His mother mentioned at the sentencing that his handprint was on the patio door and he fell inside, but was trying to get out the door. The bloody footprint might have belonged to Paschal, stepping over the victim and tracking his blood as she left.

Just a few thoughts I'm mulling over.

So he used a dating app. Shared a smoke. Was maybe a robbery victim? All mundane.
At the trial's end, Paschal said "I'm sorry" to the gallery in a way that made me feel that she didn't intend for it to happen. I don't know anything about dating apps -- are some more "insidious" than others? Prostitution?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowskullsearch33
Back