Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like that post isn't there anymore, or at least I cannot see it there anymore. Marcia's half-sister's posts are still there, though.
Both posts are gone now, I really hope she has been identified and this wasn't a false alarm. I wonder why they removed their posts?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Both posts are gone now, I really hope she has been identified and this wasn't a false alarm. I wonder why they removed their posts?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Law enforcement might have advised them to remove their posts because the official DNA testing has not been done yet and/or to avoid harassment or stalking from crazy people. I know DNA Doe Project is aware they commented and they probably informed LE about the posts. Not everyone knows how wild and invasive the internet can get, especially with true crime. I really hope it was just precautionary and the siblings weren't upset by anything people said or asked about. Or, you know, maybe they just needed some space which is beyond understandable.

Think I would have deleted the posts too, a few people were being rather nervey... so sorry for the lost in one sentence then I want more information in the next sentence. Its a public forum with freedom of speech .... but really people back down. It will all come out in due time... Can imgaine the amount of people that are PM both of them

Think I would have deleted the posts too, a few people were being rather nervey... so sorry for the lost in one sentence then I want more information in the next sentence. Its a public forum with freedom of speech .... but really people back down. It will all come out in due time

I totally agree with you but there is a real possibility that the information won't ever be officially released so I'm not surprised people are trying to find out more info. Well, hopefully the siblings can have some peace and quiet now.

By the way, I recommended the Louisiana Jane Doe in your avatar to DNA Doe Project awhile ago, did you too? I'm happy to see someone is advocating for her here :)

I SO want this match to be real but I can't get out of my mind the fact that the posts were made on April 1st... I've done the genealogy and the family is real and Marcia is real... but I hope this was not an elaborate April fools joke by two siblings. They seemed to really be hurting and in shock by the news and genuine. I can't figure out why two people would pull a prank like this, but the internet is a strange place. I keep going back and forth in my mind. So I'll just sit back and wait for an official source. :waiting:

I totally agree with you but there is a real possibility that the information won't ever be officially released

Is that likely though? This isn't a case of a natural death. It's a murder case which won't just be closed when she is officially identified.

I totally agree with you but there is a real possibility that the information won't ever be officially released so I'm not surprised people are trying to find out more info. Well, hopefully the siblings can have some peace and quiet now.

By the way, I recommended the Louisiana Jane Doe in your avatar to DNA Doe Project awhile ago, did you too? I'm happy to see someone is advocating for her here :)

Don't get me wrong I'm as curious as the next person... Honestly believe LE will not hold back on her identity the circumstances around her death possibly...

Have been advocating for LPJD for many years hopefully the case will be picked up.

Is that likely though? This isn't a case of a natural death. It's a murder case which won't just be closed when she is officially identified.

I feel like people have mentioned that plenty of cases, especially suicides, never get a public announcement. Like wasn't there that veteran in upstate New York who committed sucide & no one got to know the name? I could be wrong though.

You're right though, this is a murder case so it could be very different in this regard.

I feel like people have mentioned that plenty of cases, especially suicides, never get a public announcement. Like wasn't there that veteran in upstate New York who committed sucide & no one got to know the name? I could be wrong though.

You're right though, this is a murder case so it could be very different in this regard.

Yes, it was the marine with the tattoos that recently got identified.
http://www.veterandoe.com/john-doe-new-york-marines.html

ETA ws link: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Tattoo-Jun-97/page28&highlight=marine+tattoo

On the edge of my seat!!! I hope this is real and not another hoax.

With the revelation that they deleted their posts, should we maybe die down and drop it until LEOs officially announce it and/or her NamUs goes offline? I don’t want to be pessimistic but we’ve been fooled before and it would be absolutely awful if we were wrong.

If this is a hoax, it is a very elaborate one. I am always shocked when someone trolls us. We, as a group of investigators, are only trying to help. I know people can be mean, but I choose to believe that the brother and sister are legit. That would be a terrible April Fools joke.

The half brothers FB account has disappeared although the half sisters account is still there. I think they were being harassed and/or were asked to remove their posts.

it does appear that Marcia K did exist at one time - judging by the family tree and the fathers obituary (which doesn’t list her as dead or alive). So I am still hopeful that she could be Buckskin Girl.

The half brothers FB account has disappeared although the half sisters account is still there. I think they were being harassed and/or were asked to remove their posts.

it does appear that Marcia K did exist at one time - judging by the family tree and the obituary (which doesn’t list her as dead or alive). So I am still hopeful that she could be Buckskin Girl.

Marcia K could be fake as there are no primary sources that I can find, even on the family tree, also she is not listed in her fathers obituary but her deceased full brother is.

Also, the “cousin who was a match” also disappeared fully from Facebook.

We cannot lose hope but we can’t put all our eggs in one basket either.

Marcia K could be fake as there are no primary sources that I can find, even on the family tree, also she is not listed in her fathers obituary but her deceased full brother is.

Also, the “cousin who was a match” also disappeared fully from Facebook.

We cannot lose hope but we can’t put all our eggs in one basket either.

The obituary does list Marcia but does not say she is a surviving family member or pre-deceased:

<modsnip>

The obituary does list Marcia but does not say she is a surviving family member or pre-deceased:

<modsnip>
Ahhh. I had a different version through Legacy.com. It skips her mom entirely and goes right to step mom. Published in [hometown newspaper] from Jan. 9 to Jan. 10, 2018

I think this is the real deal, but I'm open to waiting for an official announcement.
DDP said there were no guarantees their efforts would pay off, but if this is a hint of things to come with their projects, I'm looking forward to future endeavors. Only, patience isn't one of my virtues, LOL

Also, the &#8220;cousin who was a match&#8221; also disappeared fully from Facebook.

We cannot lose hope but we can&#8217;t put all our eggs in one basket either.

She is mentioned in his obit, just no mention if dead or alive.

"J married BBK. They later divorced. From this marriage were two children, D&#8212;- and Marcia."

<modsnip>

Why don't you go ask intrusive questions to the grieving sister, maybe she'll vanish from FB too!

Seriously, some people come out in all kind of disgustingness on the Internet just because they can. Hiding behind their nicks and avatars. This family didn't.

Also, yesterday this unidentified man was finally identified as Gregory Griffin, he was not listed in namus.
Although LE gave his name, no photo of the man was shown as the investigation into his murder " has just begun".
The main reason i was very curious as to what the man looked like in life, was to see how his appearance compared to the bust that was created for him.
They seemed to be right on as far as estimated age goes, in this case suggested to be 50 years old and the decedent turned out to be in his late 40's when he went missing. imo.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?114994-OH-Trumbull-Co-BlkMale-UP4727-47-65-Mosquito-Creek-Lake-Jul-06-*Gregory-Griffin&p=14031939#post14031939
OH - Trumbull Co., BlkMale UP4727, 47-65,Mosquito Creek Lake, Jul'06 *Gregory Griffin

In my experience, that makes it even more likely that nothing will be released for quite some time. As has been mentioned, they'll need to confirm the identification with a direct DNA comparison. That alone can take months if not years. They'll be retracing her steps, trying to find who she traveled with, in order to try to find who killed her. They might want to publicize that in order to find people who knew her, or they might want to keep quiet to avoid tipping the murderer that they're on the trail.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member