Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question to those who know the area, the detective told me there was a steep hill nearby that big rigs couldn't get over and where she was found was the last turn off before the hill. Do you know what hill he is talking about?
Yes, Horseshoe Bend hill. It's steep with 3 turns.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
3c23dc01cef8e3c3d7743649d68c0768.jpg

There are restaurants right off 75, on State Route 55, that leads right out to greenlee road where she was found. Hotels as well.

Something that LE is holding back tells them very specifically that she was in Pittsburgh and Louisville, KY the last month of her life. That is way too specific to get from isotopes or pollen. I wonder if she had paperwork with a date and place on it, a cash register receipt or something like that, tucked someplace the killer missed? It may help find the killer, but 37 years is a long time. Something as unusual and horrific as a beating and strangulation, but no sexual assault, makes me wonder if the way to find the perp is to look for similar crimes. I doubt that someone did something like this only one time and was a square John the rest of his life.
An interesting thing, serial killer victims often look alike to an extent. It’s like they are killing the same person over and over. Ever notice that?
Well, I imagine Lyle Stevik or Joseph Newton Chandler III will be next.

Yes, Horseshoe Bend hill. It's steep with 3 turns.

3c23dc01cef8e3c3d7743649d68c0768.jpg
Here's a street view of the hill, I saved this from our county site. As you can see it turns as it goes down. Buses have never been allowed on this.
It is a fun hill through to ride powerwheels down though :)
f6ecae566be1129bd4f671422235a417.jpg

There are restaurants right off 75, on State Route 55, that leads right out to greenlee road where she was found. Hotels as well.
The restaurant on 55 would have been what is now called Lincoln Square, it was a truck stop back then. Next is a Wafflehouse. The exit prior on 25A where Dave Arbogast sits, was a motel with a restaurant. I'd have to ask my mom what that was called.

If you look at the restaurant she was (allegedly) seen at it's right off of 75. Where she was found was a little farther out but I could see the killer trying to find a hidden place
8e0cb2200c1eeabfcadf7a5ee02b75f6.jpg

This place is actually in Dayton. Is this where she was seen? Or was she seen in Troy?

This place is actually in Dayton. Is this where she was seen? Or was she seen in Troy?
I didn't think the location was given, where is Maggie's Place mentioned?

I believe this is where she was last seen. Report said corner of Dixie and Bartley, and this place has been around since the 60s

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I didn't think the location was given, where is Maggie's Place mentioned?

There might've been a different place at the corner of Dixie and Bartley at the time, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading it was a bar.

This is eyewitness tho

There might've been a different place at the corner of Dixie and Bartley at the time, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading it was a bar.

This is eyewitness tho

Little York Tavern sat there. They have since then relocated.
2ccef032403374342947ca055d64e459.jpg

Little York Tavern sat there. They have since then relocated.
2ccef032403374342947ca055d64e459.jpg

Oh cool! I was just using Maggie's as point of reference, Bartley and Dixie. Could be that place too

Based upon the detectives statements and the narrow steepness of the road .... Trucker would be a rule out

Based upon the detectives statements and the narrow steepness of the road .... Trucker would be a rule out
Agreed, had to of been someone familiar with the area. I wish they would say if they've ruled out JB or connected her to Yolanda DeBarge.

Here's a street view of the hill, I saved this from our county site. As you can see it turns as it goes down. Buses have never been allowed on this.
It is a fun hill through to ride powerwheels down though :)
cache.php

Do you know how far away from this specific area was she found? It looks kind of remote.

This is eyewitness tho

This Maggie's Place is still there. Local reviews say since 1930. It's near Needmore Rd exit off I-75. Needmore Rd at that exit is an overpass over 75 and N Dixie is at a traffic light just on the west side of the overpass. So it's pretty close to 75.

Do you know how far away from this specific area was she found? It looks kind of remote.
Houses seen on the right side of road were not there until later. It's practically right around the corner. There is Brukner Nature Center that a truck could turn around but they would literally have to drive all the back into there for the parking lot. That would have gotten attention by the neighbors that live up on the hill.
d468e9cb8a2bd7418f4285e047be3d6e.jpg

This Maggie's Place is still there. Local reviews say since 1930. It's near Needmore Rd exit off I-75. Needmore Rd at that exit is an overpass over 75 and N Dixie is at a traffic light just on the west side of the overpass. So it's pretty close to 75.

Yes and if you want to take back road from there it was called "Frederick pike" all the way up. Anyone know if this road was a truck route in 1981 or what it was like? https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mag...ac69e53afa!2m2!1d-84.2314216!2d40.0385729!3e0

Also brought you up to RT 55
" SR 55 and SR 48 run together for less than 0.5-mile (0.80 km), crossing Ludlow Creek in the process. SR 55 splits off from SR 48, and resumes an easterly trek through farm country. SR 55 starts to bend northeasterly as it meets Calumet Road, crosses over the Stillwater River, and intersects Kessler-Frederick Road consecutively. Continuing northeasterly, SR 55 has intersections with Greenlee Road and Miami County Road 139. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Route_55

But also easy route to follow up 75 and off Ludlow falls exit and it is a pie shaped wedge that brings you right back to interstate. I have done it in the dark in 2013 and quite desolate, quiet and easily done by car/truck (without trailer i believe). i wish they could figure out businesses nearby in 1981 so if Marcia was disposed then trucker picking up next load etc.

Not faulting the family at all for not reporting Marcia missing, but I do wonder about the circumstances of her leaving. Did she leave with a boyfriend? Was she headed for someplace in particular? Was there a reason they didn't, necessarily, worry that she didn't get in touch for a period of time?

It was such a different time, I know. Reminds me so much of Grateful Doe, Jason Callahan. A free spirit whose family wished would come home someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member