Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am BEYOND DISGUSTED by the comments on Daily Mail. People are openly accusing her family of MURDER. This is disgusting behavior. Unacceptable.

Her family is grieving a horrendous loss, and they quite clearly had nothing to do with her death.
Me too, most are just ignorant people who know nothing about the case. A few pathetic trolls too but I wouldn't worry to much about those uneducated people. The amount that cares about marcia outweighs the minority.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Such a wonderful day! Marcia King was a beautiful person who was a happy free spirited young lady and had a family who loved and missed her! It’s everything we were wanting for her. Now, to see who did this punished for this crime would be terrific!
I hope her family feels some kind of relief to finally know what happened to her, and can grieve in peace. We have all been searching and following for years, but all this was just thrown at her family. They will need some time.
Hopefully they understand trolls on the internet and are able to ignore them.
Words are hurtful.
Even here, we must be careful. This thread has been nothing but awesome with great people trying to give her back her name. But I have been on a few missing persons threads where they are outright accusing family or loved ones. One, Michelle Boyd showed up alive and well in another state. Her poor husband was crucified on her thread. Mods came in and cleaned it up literally days before she was found alive, scolding members for the accusations:clap: I know what the statistics are, but a lot of these cases here are not the normal everyday murders that are seen.
These are cases that need out of box thinking.
Like I said, you all did a wonderful job and am so impressed by the respect that has been shown toward the family.
Great job everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think you have to worry about that here. I've never once seen someone say something bad about the family here. We wouldn't tolerate that behavior. In my experience Websleuths is pretty vigilant about that stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am BEYOND DISGUSTED by the comments on Daily Mail. People are openly accusing her family of MURDER. This is disgusting behavior. Unacceptable.

Her family is grieving a horrendous loss, and they quite clearly had nothing to do with her death.

DailyMail =Total rot and troublemakers not worth the effort of reading , best ignored.

I was just thinking about this, the original 80's sketches of her clearly didn't resemble her beauty. Maybe the family did see those on years past but wasn't enough to catch it. Post mortem pictures weren't publicly released until much later. Maybe it's me, but if they even saw those, would they even recognize her? B/W photos and wet braided hair. <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When I sifted through those comments, I found them deliberately obtuse, so I'm thinking half of those people are just being cruel and obnoxious just to stir up the pot.

If you look at the restaurant she was (allegedly) seen at it's right off of 75. Where she was found was a little farther out but I could see the killer trying to find a hidden place
8e0cb2200c1eeabfcadf7a5ee02b75f6.jpg

Where was this mentioned? I haven't seen it in anything I read

There are other ways to access Greenlee Road without driving Hwy 38 ... or did I miss something
This just hit me, Greenlee Rd, I am pretty sure that the Bridenbaugh house was the only one between Fenner and Horseshoe Bend. They were moving into that house the day she was found. Someone local would have known that house was sitting empty (was still listed for sale) and unlikely anyone would be traveling that road much. I'll have to take that road on my way home from work to make sure. The school bus had to use their driveway as the turnaround. Wasn't until later when kids moved into the house top of the Horseshoe hill that the bus would have to use the Brukner Place for turn around.

Another interesting thing I remembered from my childhood, I recall years ago. I'm going with mid 80's because of the vehicle we had then. We had seen a few times, people walking and different times. It's nothing but fields with an occasional farm house. The people we saw weren't local, they dressed much different. I had to ask my mom of she remembered that or if I was imagining it back then. Would be a guy, then maybe weeks later we'd see another guy. Not related to the case, just recall it being odd and curious if there was something in the path that attracted different people. Like where was he headed, lol

Someone mentioned the quarry. That's the gravel pit, it's been in use since 70s, they have used local men to run loads, it's been daytime operation far as anyone recalls. The river also runs next to it.

DailyMail =Total rot and troublemakers not worth the effort of reading , best ignored.

100% agree with you, silverjug. It’s a tabloid rag, no better or more trustworthy than the National Enquirer here in America. It’s trash.

A number of posts back we talked about being able to read the police report from a video. Someone transcribed it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rajam,

I live in Jeff Davis parish in Louisiana where some many young women were murdered. Only someone local, and very local, would have been able or had knowledge to leave them in such isolated places, know only by people who had lived there most of their lives.

Oh happy day, Marcia King is found!! Thanks to all of you who worked so tirelessly and relentlessly on her case. If we could just find her killer.

As for the Daily Mail, what do they call it 'written by newsboys for newsboys?' Rubbish

Another interesting thing I remembered from my childhood, I recall years ago. I'm going with mid 80's because of the vehicle we had then. We had seen a few times, people walking and different times. It's nothing but fields with an occasional farm house. The people we saw weren't local, they dressed much different. I had to ask my mom of she remembered that or if I was imagining it back then. Would be a guy, then maybe weeks later we'd see another guy. Not related to the case, just recall it being odd and curious if there was something in the path that attracted different people. Like where was he headed, lol
How were they dressed that made them identifiable as non locals?

Mennonites are known for driving cars on occasion but also for wearing old timey farm clothes on a daily basis. People in Mennonite clothes could stand out if the county did not have a colony.

Marcia, however, was interested in the hippie sub culture and was found in a buck skin (home made?) style clothing. Were the non local people you noted possibly dressed as hippies and part of that subculture?

How were they dressed that made them identifiable as non locals?

Mennonites are known for driving cars on occasion but also for wearing old timey farm clothes on a daily basis. People in Mennonite clothes could stand out if the county did not have a colony.

Marcia, however, was interested in the hippie sub culture and was found in a buck skin (home made?) style clothing. Were the non local people you noted possibly dressed as hippies and part of that subculture?
We have several Mennonites, German Baptist, and Amish in our area. These guys were more of a punk/metal style, they weren't from around here. Dayton maybe, but to be out in the middle of nowhere, it stuck out. One guy I recall had long spiked hair. Was was a white blonde. Late evening too, it was dark only saw them from headlights as we passed. Not the kind to go to VFW or Joyland either. Joyland would have been closing up and VFW, well it's just locals there.

We have several Mennonites, German Baptist, and Amish in our area. These guys were more of a punk/metal style, they weren't from around here. Dayton maybe, but to be out in the middle of nowhere, it stuck out. One guy I recall had long spiked hair. Was was a white blonde. Late evening too, it was dark only saw them from headlights as we passed. Not the kind to go to VFW or Joyland either. Joyland would have been closing up and VFW, well it's just locals there.

Should also say she would have fit in with the locals. Her style from what was pictured, she blended well.

Rajam,

I live in Jeff Davis parish in Louisiana where some many young women were murdered. Only someone local, and very local, would have been able or had knowledge to leave them in such isolated places, know only by people who had lived there most of their lives.

Oh happy day, Marcia King is found!! Thanks to all of you who worked so tirelessly and relentlessly on her case. If we could just find her killer.

As for the Daily Mail, what do they call it 'written by newsboys for newsboys?' Rubbish
Agreed, I'm still sticking with my JB theory. He would have been 21 or 22 at the time. The stuff with him has left many unsettled and so many questions on the charges.

Here's what it comes from, Roselvr

I went back and re-watched the video, and though I couldn't see the whole page of the report, I saw the description you were talking about. Not sure what to make of them. They appear to be tips they followed but possibly went nowhere. Looks like there may have been a lot of them?
It would be interesting if we could somehow get a map of all the places of folks who reported seeing her before she passed.

I'll put the visible parts of the report here, with names redacted. Bennington appears to be the Fairborn Ohio Police Department employee who took the tip. (the entire page is not completely visible, so the missing text is replaced with ellipses)

... of Springhill Nursery would like to see the pictures.

Bennington - Fairborn PD 879-1730 Ext. 302 advised a S_____ B_____ (1/2 Crazy)
... im he saw the girl three yrs. ago in a laundramat (sic) in Fairborn with
... r girl and guy with stubs for arms. Bennington advised that a lawyer
... ayton fits the no arm desc. [Address and Phone # Redacted]

W______ [Phone #] said he saw the girl matching desc. setting (sic) on p ...
... corner of Bartley and Dixie on 4/23 at approx. 1600 hrs. barefoot ...
... and pigtails

https://i.imgur.com/n8jpn8S.png on the corner of Barley and Dixie is a restaurant/dive bar called Maggie's Place.. did some research and it sounds like it's been there since at least the 60's, so I think that's probably where the witness (allegedly) saw her. She was seen there at 4 pm on the day she is believed to have died. Could definitely support the domestic dispute theory IMO

Notes aren't clear enough to determine if she WAS or WAS NOT barefoot.

Did a search while standing in line at the bank. I missed a bunch of posts so am quoting to read when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member