Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does her left ear look unusual compared to the right one or is it just me? TIA

I think both of her ears have quite an unusual shape, large and cupped with very little lobe, and an interesting wrinkle near the bottom.

The one thing I notice is the comment that she had never been to a dentist prior to her disappearance.

NamUs indicates one dental restoration (although it doesn't indicate which tooth was restored).

Also, her age (13) seems pretty low. IMO, Buckskin Girl is much older than 13.

I am typing from my iPhone, so I can't help with the side-by-side.

Yes, Donna Barnhill was only 13, but she disappeared one month before her 14th birthday. Still, 14 is a few years younger than what they estimated Buckskin girl's age to be. I wish I could find a better picture of Donna Barnhill at the age closest to what she was when she disappeared.

The first picture on Doe Network of her was five years younger than she was when she disappeared and unfortunately, is the same picture that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is using, probably just because the quality of the picture is much much better than the other one, but does not depict her at the age she was when she disappeared.

Her case on Identifyus.org was updated April 10 with a significant list of rule-outs:

Lynn Bandringa 1945 California
Kristy Booth 1960 Texas
Corinne Groenenberg 1957 California
Paulette Jaster 1954 Michigan
Carol Lubahn 1954 California
Aleca Manning 1952 Arizona
Linda Nickell 1955 Michigan
Patricia Otto 1952 Idaho
Elaine Robertson 1955 Washington
Diane Schulte 1954 Idaho
Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut
Christina White 1967 Washington
Debra Wilhite 1955 Indiana
April Zane 1960 Illinois

Teresa Rains isn't listed on the rule out list....

I wonder where these NamUs rule-out lists come from. They are almost never a complete list of the people that have been looked at. For example, I know that Sharon Pretorius has been looked at and ruled-out (in addition to several others mentioned on this thread).

Also, I sometimes see names on the NamUs rule-out lists that are so far off-base that it is laughable. For example, I've seen names of people on some NamUs pages that went missing years after the UID died.

I see some resemblance between Buckskin Jane and Teresa Lynn Rhodes, newly added to the Doe Network site:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2610dfpa.html
http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/rhodesteresalynn.html

Rhodes:
5'3"
13 in 1975 (she'd have been 19 when BG was found)
brown hair, hazel eyes

Buckskin Jane:
5'6"
late teens to early twenties (or up to age 26, depending on the report)
brownish-reddish hair, brown eyes

There's no word on DNA availability for Rhodes, nor do the situations match up well. Rhodes also had a dog-bite scar on her lip that isn't visible in BG's photos or mentioned in her report. Rhodes has all her teeth in her photo but there is a six-year gap between the cases so she might have lost one during those years. Ideas?

JMHO, but I don't see the resemblance. In the photo, her head is turned enough to her right that you would see the pointy nose if she had one. Also, she has cheekbone definition. Her cheekbones aren't flush-to-the-eye-sockets like Buckskin Girl's are.

Teresa Rhodes is from where I live and I have never heard of her case until I saw it on The Doe Network this morning... (she went missing when I was like a month old, that could be why).

It said she that an informant said she was buried at Keystone State Park which is about 10 miles away from Greensburg, where she went missing...

I would love to know more about Teresa's disappearance.

Updated link for the UID (AKA "The Buckskin Girl") on Doe Network:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/133ufoh.html

Updated link for Kimberly Kahler:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/942dfca.html

Since Kimberly Kahler has DNA in CODIS, this can be excluded as a possible match, right?

It says that BG's DNA is available at the Miami Valley regional crime lab. I would guess that they would have entered it in CODIS, but I wish that they would explicitly say so.

As for K Kahler being BG, I don't see it. They look entirely different to me.

According to Steve Lord, who emailed me back 12-7-09 regarding the Sharon Pretorius rule-out, her DNA is in CODIS. His wrote:

The lab called me back and confirmed that both our Jane Doe and Sharon Pretorius are in the CODIS system. They cannot be a match based on DNA.

There are now two more rule-outs on NamUs:
https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

Catherine Sjoberg 1957 Wisconsin
Kathy Wilcox 1956 Michigan

Also, is this dental information on the NamUs report new? It contradicts the info about a missing front tooth:

Dental information with autopsy report indicates "#9 right central incisor" as being porcelain. Diagram of skull illustrates the crown on the right central incisor, as does dental coding accompanying autopsy report (by Dr. Michael Tinkler, DDS), so assumed the use of "#9" in the autopsy report is in error -- the right central incisor is #8. Autopsy report indicates "No missing teeth, no fillings," Dr. Tinkler's report confirms.

Also, is this dental information on the NamUs report new? It contradicts the info about a missing front tooth:

That comment and the dental diagram has been recently revised.

It previously indicated "A" (i.e. Antemortem Loss with a healed socket) on tooth #8 (meaning that her right upper central incisor was missing prior to her death).

It now indicates "C" for tooth #8, meaning it has a crown. That is now consistent with the earlier comment that there was only one restoration.

They had previously indicated that there was one restoration, but they did not know which tooth. This now clarifies which tooth was restored.

Hopefully it is all correct now.

I think she's unlikely but has anyone ever considered Lisa Renee Wilson? Lisa has redish-brown hair, freckles, brown eyes, and "very few restorations" to her teeth. Her disappearance was in 1974 when she was 14, but it seems possible she was a runaway or kept alive well past her initial date of disappearance. I think she's unlikely but worth evaluating if she hasn't been looked at already.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_lisa.html

I think she's unlikely but has anyone ever considered Lisa Renee Wilson? Lisa has redish-brown hair, freckles, brown eyes, and "very few restorations" to her teeth. Her disappearance was in 1974 when she was 14, but it seems possible she was a runaway or kept alive well past her initial date of disappearance. I think she's unlikely but worth evaluating if she hasn't been looked at already.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wilson_lisa.html

She actually looks quite possible, IMHO. Whatever happened to her later, it seems like she was a runaway to begin with, and everything else matches fairly well. The nose appears to be pointy enough, for one thing. Wish we could see her ears, though.

Just kinda' bumping this thread. Wrangler jeans weren't really popular until the movie Urban Cowboy was released (June 1980). Before that, the only people who wore Wranglers were usually from an area where folks actually worked around livestock. Most "hippie types" as some referred to earlier in this thread, would have been wearing Levi's. Many girls who followed (or were even involved in Rodeo) braided their hair. I'm really leaning toward some kind of "rodeo" association here. I'm looking at any kind of Rodeo that would be in April, cuz that's kinda early, weather-wise. So far I'm still just sleuthin' around, but thought I'd throw this out there.

That's possible! I keep thinking back to her "ruddy" complexion, which suggests she wasn't held prisoner indoors but she was out in the sun.

In this January 1981 article, traveling rodeo performer Jackie Rinehart says, "Now, I got to find a girl to work with me in the car this weekend. The act is called the Honeymooners. I used to have this girl from Miami here, but she was a wild one. Got in a fight one Saturday night. Now I'm lookin again. Really, I could teach a girl pretty quick. The animals already know what they're supposed to do. All the girl has to do is have a bit of a flair for show business... and fit in the little costume I got in the trailer."

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...MFAAAAIBAJ&pg=868,2926509&dq=ohio+rodeo&hl=en

He's talking about Miami, Florida, not the Ohio County where Jane Doe was found. I really doubt his former performing partner was BG, but it does sound like young women were hired to perform in these types of traveling shows.

There are some articles I've found online that suggested BG was a prostitute, but somehow the braids and buckskin jacket don't jive with that lifestyle, at least in my mind.

Just kinda' bumping this thread. Wrangler jeans weren't really popular until the movie Urban Cowboy was released (June 1980). Before that, the only people who wore Wranglers were usually from an area where folks actually worked around livestock. Most "hippie types" as some referred to earlier in this thread, would have been wearing Levi's. Many girls who followed (or were even involved in Rodeo) braided their hair. I'm really leaning toward some kind of "rodeo" association here. I'm looking at any kind of Rodeo that would be in April, cuz that's kinda early, weather-wise. So far I'm still just sleuthin' around, but thought I'd throw this out there.

One possibility here is that there could have been a horse show or a rodeo held at the Ohio State Fairgrounds in Columbus.

Columbus would be a drive of about 75 miles or so from where her body was found.

I remember years ago (back in the 70's) there used to be a horse show during the spring at the state fairgrounds.

I also do know that for years that the Quarter Horse Congress have their annual meet and horse show held during the fall in Columbus.

I would look into horse shows and rodeos that were held in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana during that time.

I think this gal looks like her (but then maybe it's just the skinny eyebrows). Height and age fit also. The profile morgue picture though, looks like the Jane Doe doesn't have much of a chin. That profile picture, makes her look like a completely different person than her frontal picture. I don't know what the scenario would be for her to end up in Ohio either.

Mary Michelle Sprague:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sprague_mary.html

I wonder where these NamUs rule-out lists come from. They are almost never a complete list of the people that have been looked at. For example, I know that Sharon Pretorius has been looked at and ruled-out (in addition to several others mentioned on this thread).

Also, I sometimes see names on the NamUs rule-out lists that are so far off-base that it is laughable. For example, I've seen names of people on some NamUs pages that went missing years after the UID died.

I am personally aware of a case where the family demanded their family member be entered as missing "endangered" once they found out it is the law in such a situation. They did this 8 years after the date of last contact. I am seeing new listings or perhaps they are just updates so I expect to see many missing who may already have a UID match up years before they are entered. The system is far from perfect...okay, far from satisfactory, but it is all we have. This just makes the process of searching much longer and more difficult. Frustrating.

I think this gal looks like her (but then maybe it's just the skinny eyebrows). Height and age fit also. The profile morgue picture though, looks like the Jane Doe doesn't have much of a chin. That profile picture, makes her look like a completely different person than her frontal picture. I don't know what the scenario would be for her to end up in Ohio either.

Mary Michelle Sprague:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sprague_mary.html

Side by side:

<modsnip>

Wish I had a picture of Sprague's ears, because this JD has kinda' unique ear shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89