Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in the West and Midwest. We mostly couldn't afford them.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

But the buckskin would have been expensive. Unless it was a gift to her, she likely could have worn fashionable jeans if she wanted. Even in the street scene of Boulder in the 70's we liked trendy jeans but buckskin was pricey and not affordable to most. There were plenty of trendy brands aimed at the younger crowd that weren't Calvin's or Vanderbilt. I still have 2 pair of jeans from back then that are more than 40 yrs old.

But the buckskin would have been expensive. Unless it was a gift to her, she likely could have worn fashionable jeans if she wanted. Even in the street scene of Boulder in the 70's we liked trendy jeans but buckskin was pricey and not affordable to most. There were plenty of trendy brands,aimed at the younger crowd that weren't Calvin's time Vanderbilt. I still have 2 pair of jeans from back then that are more than 40 yrs old.
Of course there were. All I meant to point out is that the expensive jeans trend was by no means universal.

Here's a similar 70's vintage plaid turtleneck on Etsy. Gives a brand name Screenshot_20170512-222548.jpg

Of course there were. All I meant to point out is that the expensive jeans trend was by no means universal.

Was basically meaning the same thing. My thought was the Wranglers were a preference for a more conservative or functional brand for some reason as her jacket would have been a bit pricey in the day.

I think if she had anything to do with horses, the pollen survey would have found animal hair as well as pollen and smoke particles.

Here is a thought. Could it be possible that traces of heroin or marijuana were found in the pollen survey, but LE didn't make that fact public?

If there were any traces of heroin or marijuana on the clothing, it could point to a drug cultivation or a drug running operation.

Here is a thought. Could it be possible that traces of heroin or marijuana were found in the pollen survey, but LE didn't make that fact public?

If there were any traces of heroin or marijuana on the clothing, it could point to a drug cultivation or a drug running operation.

I thought about this a lot and have posted about it also. Isotopes of her hair I thought had indicated she had been back to that Southwest location a couple times. There must be some reason she was back and forth a few times within a year's time. That area has for some time been a hub for drugs coming up through Central and South America, through Mexico and to the Dallas Ft. Worth area for distribution throughout the U.S. and Europe. I think they need to exhume this girl and get teeth or bone for a better idea of where she is from. I have combed through about 5 New England states government listings of missing persons and any possible likely matches have already been ruled out. Haven't tackled more populous states like New York or Pennsylvania yet.

I thought about this a lot and have posted about it also. Isotopes of her hair I thought had indicated she had been back to that Southwest location a couple times. There must be some reason she was back and forth a few times within a year's time. That area has for some time been a hub for drugs coming up through Central and South America, through Mexico and to the Dallas Ft. Worth area for distribution throughout the U.S. and Europe. I think they need to exhume this girl and get teeth or bone for a better idea of where she is from. I have combed through about 5 New England states government listings of missing persons and any possible likely matches have already been ruled out. Haven't tackled more populous states like New York or Pennsylvania yet.

I was disappointed when they announced the isotope testing was only being done on hair and nails. Testing those only gives us a recent snapshot of her whereabouts, it doesn't tell us where she was from, like bone and teeth would. It was great to have that info, don't get me wrong, but it didn't paint the whole picture, IMHO.

College student? Either lived in southwest going to school in Northeast, or vice versa? Could have been heading back to college after spring break?

College student? Either lived in southwest going to school in Northeast, or vice versa? Could have been heading back to college after spring break?

Daytonian Year Book 80-81
http://ecommons.udayton.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1017&context=archives_yrbk

Troy is 30 - 40 minutes from Dayton University.
Possibly a student there?

attachment.php

Attachments

• dayton uni  troy ohio.JPG
    dayton uni troy ohio.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 436

That's my theory. Or even if she wasn't attending college, still living in the Northeast. Maybe followed a high school boyfriend there, or just moved for other reasons. I'm still pretty sure she was a domestic violence victim.

I don't think she was from Canada. Just to bump up; Wikipedia has an article about the Northeast dry oak forest region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_interior_dry-mesic_oak_forest

Basically, as said before, it covers New England and the Mid-Atlantic. Just bumping it for myself, lol.

The soot really makes me think she was a city girl, or at least living in the city at the time of her death. I wonder if she was a small town Texas or Oklahoma girl who lived on/worked in a farm as a young girl and sought out the excitement and opportunity of the big cities. I wonder if the buckskin jacket was given to her as a gift by her family. I think they would have said something if they had found animal hair on it.

I still want to know her stomach contents.

Kuddos for finding this. I've looked forever with nothing even this close.
Plaid became popular in the 1960s and 1970s. That brown and orange combination was common too. Even in home decor brown and orange was seen a lot not always plaid but sometimes plaid curtains, upholstery. Her outfit to me seems more reminiscent of early to mid 1970s

Buckskin Girl stood out for me because of her furrows inbetween her brows for a 18-26 year old girl. It seems like she's been working under the sun a lot, or had a lot of troubles/stress in her life.

I really truly believe she is older than we think. I have a list of over 200 women who look very similar that I'm going to have to rule out... this case is driving me nuts. it's even harder because I've never been to the USA so I'm having to constantly refer to maps 😂

I really truly believe she is older than we think. I have a list of over 200 women who look very similar that I'm going to have to rule out... this case is driving me nuts. it's even harder because I've never been to the USA so I'm having to constantly refer to maps 

Welcome to Ws Sami89022001!
Buckskin Doe really gets under the skin because not only do we have good pictures of her, but she wore a unique jacket, was healthy, attractive and young .

I really truly believe she is older than we think. I have a list of over 200 women who look very similar that I'm going to have to rule out... this case is driving me nuts. it's even harder because I've never been to the USA so I'm having to constantly refer to maps 

That's okay. I live here and still have to look at maps for cases. Searching for people really helps brush up on geography. Welcome aboard!

I'm from Birmingham England UK. I randomly came across bg on Facebook and I've spent about 2 months straight probably 6 hrs a day googling away trying to find answers. I think I've found something! could be a long shot and I'm going in with what I feel.
I think she is older than first speculated. I'm going to put a pic up of a missing person who I think resembles the autopsy photos

guys how to I upload a pic using mobile?.
I don't know how but until I get the help off u guys, search ' Lucia gelinas- trois-rivier quebec'
it's something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member