OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s so strange that he was 5 mins away from the hotel, and he was on his way back (or at least he assumed he was going to the right place), and just has never been seen again. It’s almost morning at this point, so maybe it’s just an accident, as I doubt any random person was out at that time picking him up. Conveniently right when his phone died too.

I keep thinking it was someone who was drunk or high that may have hit him, as he was walking around drunk and maybe not paying attention to the roads. But, that makes me ask - did LE check any and all cameras around his possible locations? He had to be seen on one of them.

Can a case be made for a "walk away"? I'm curious to see what others may think about a potential walk-away, and how plausible it is. I mean, did being married and having a kid just get to be too much, and he flaked out, and left? If so, it's a total piece of garbage move, no doubt.

Evidence against a walk away would be the time of day that it happened, which was very early in the morning. Where is he going at that hour?

But if he wanted out of his life, maybe his mysterious friend helped him leave? The mystery friend was the last to see TD, and his behaviour has been odd to say the least.

And not finding a dead body is in itself evidence of a walk-away. Bodies are hard to hide. If you weren't planning on killing someone, and then suddenly for some reason you did kill someone, at 3 am near Easton Town Mall in the winter time, what the heck are you going to do with this body? There's no large bodies of water or large wooded areas nearby to hide a body for a long time. If you murder someone in that area at that time in the morning, you're not worrying about hiding a body. You're out of there, pronto. We would have found his body in the area by now. The police have done their searches, and friends and family have done at least two searches that I know of.

I think the case for a walk away is pretty strong, although I wouldn't write it in stone. I think walk away is most likely, then death by accident next most likely, then death by foul play 3rd most likely, then death by suicide least likely.

Can a case be made for a "walk away"? I'm curious to see what others may think about a potential walk-away, and how plausible it is. I mean, did being married and having a kid just get to be too much, and he flaked out, and left? If so, it's a total piece of garbage move, no doubt.

Evidence against a walk away would be the time of day that it happened, which was very early in the morning. Where is he going at that hour?

But if he wanted out of his life, maybe his mysterious friend helped him leave? The mystery friend was the last to see TD, and his behaviour has been odd to say the least.

And not finding a dead body is in itself evidence of a walk-away. Bodies are hard to hide. If you weren't planning on killing someone, and then suddenly for some reason you did kill someone, at 3 am near Easton Town Mall in the winter time, what the heck are you going to do with this body? There's no large bodies of water or large wooded areas nearby to hide a body for a long time. If you murder someone in that area at that time in the morning, you're not worrying about hiding a body. You're out of there, pronto. We would have found his body in the area by now. The police have done their searches, and friends and family have done at least two searches that I know of.

I think the case for a walk away is pretty strong, although I wouldn't write it in stone. I think walk away is most likely, then death by accident next most likely, then death by foul play 3rd most likely, then death by suicide least likely.

if LE thought he walked away would LE be legally obligated to inform his parents, his wife? Anyone? Or do they pretend to keep investigating? So bizarre.

It’s so strange that he was 5 mins away from the hotel, and he was on his way back (or at least he assumed he was going to the right place), and just has never been seen again. It’s almost morning at this point, so maybe it’s just an accident, as I doubt any random person was out at that time picking him up. Conveniently right when his phone died too.

I keep thinking it was someone who was drunk or high that may have hit him, as he was walking around drunk and maybe not paying attention to the roads. But, that makes me ask - did LE check any and all cameras around his possible locations? He had to be seen on one of them.

I think this is a strong possibility...I also think that he could have fallen into one of the 'storm drains' mentioned earlier in the thread... maybe a grate was left off or taken off and while he was looking up towards the hotel he didn't see it and fell in...some sort of freak accident. I read dogs were used to search for tyler at the very beginning of his disappearance but I wonder how thorough of job they did looking around the area. Easton looks very large and if there is no definitive idea of what direction he was from the hotel there are many possibilities. I hope he is found very soon.

I used to think he ran away as well, there were a few days it was nagging at me so badly!!!
I just can’t get over the fact... on her birthday?!?!
Also, the friend has been harassed, berated, threatened etc... don’t you think he’d break down and tell at a certain point and beg his friend to come back or check in so the pressure would be off him?

I used to think he ran away as well, there were a few days it was nagging at me so badly!!!
Also, the friend has been harassed, berated, threatened etc... don’t you think he’d break down and tell at a certain point and beg his friend to come back or check in so the pressure would be off him?

What proof is there that the friend has been harrassed, etc. , in any way? I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but who says that it did? His identity has been so secret. It's bizarre. Who is this dude already?

I know his first name, as do many others, but we’re not allowed to say? BD has made this clear on a number of occasions, but most notably the podcast True Crime Garage. Iirc, he had to delete his SM accounts because locals and others who were able to identify him were harassing. As a sleuth, I find it pretty appalling what people will do/say directly to people involved in these extremely serious cases!

It really does remind me of Brian Shaffer. They both went out in a group of 3, both walked away at the end of the drunken night (Brian to talk to the band and Tyler to blow off steam), and then are never seen again - although they’re both in very easy to be seen areas. Yet, no surveillance anywhere of them. Brian never was seen on camera leaving the bar, and they can’t pick Tyler up on any cameras.
Also, Brian’s best friend was also questioned and became quiet, like Tyler’s friend is doing too.

It really does remind me of Brian Shaffer. They both went out in a group of 3, both walked away at the end of the drunken night (Brian to talk to the band and Tyler to blow off steam), and then are never seen again - although they’re both in very easy to be seen areas. Yet, no surveillance anywhere of them. Brian never was seen on camera leaving the bar, and they can’t pick Tyler up on any cameras.
Also, Brian’s best friend was also questioned and became quiet, like Tyler’s friend is doing too.

I completely agree. I had never heard of Brian Shaffer until reading about Tyler Davis. Now I keep wondering what could have happened to Brian as well as Tyler.

Bodies are hard to hide but IMO walking away from your life without a trace is even harder. It takes a ton of planning and money, and I can’t imagine that would be the time to do it. It just doesn’t seem very likely to me.

He doesn't seem like the guy that would leave his baby son IMO.
I agree. Or his parents. I can see suicide as a possibility before walking away from his ENTIRE LIFE. And doing that successfully is not as easy as people think.

ETA I doubt it was suicide though b/c I think he would have been found for sure. This was a flat, suburban area, not mountainous terrain.

Last edited:
I’m not so sure I think his friend is that “mysterious.” Do we know that he has been uncooperative with LE? I haven’t seen that reported anywhere. Just because he hasn’t been out in public telling US what he knows doesn’t mean anything. He probably feels guilty and doesn’t want to be crucified by the public. How would that help find Tyler? Who knows though! He could know more, but I don’t find him suspicious for not putting himself out there.

I am not sure Tyler walked away mad or upset. I am not sure that he walked away at all.

Something is missing from this whole night's story

Why so little of him (if any) caught on security cams? They are everywhere these days

I keep checking in here because this case is so MADDENING. Where the heck is he? I hate hate hate these missing persons cases that seem like they’ll just go on indefinitely and never be found. :(

My thoughts on this are:

1) suicide: NO. I think he would have been found.

2) walked away: NO. That’s really hard to do and doesn’t seem to be his character and terrible timing for something like that.

3) hit by a car, drunk driver: POSSIBLY, but I find it REALLY hard to believe someone would take the time/risk to stop and spend minutes dragging a person they hit into their car! Then they have to figure out what to do w/body and clean car, not to mention adding several extra minutes to be seen by witnesses or cameras. Why not just speed away? I know it’s happened before, but that is SO STUPID.

4) Foul play/murder: MAYBE. But that would mean a big cover up since he hasn’t been found. Also I haven’t heard of any reason why that makes any sense to me. And cover ups are rarely so successful. Or if it were random/serial killer etc., I guess that’s possible. But at 4am in a suburban shopping area? I guess perhaps? Not convinced.

5) OD: POSSIBLE, but then again a big cover up and someone hid his body very very well on the fly.

6) Drunken accident: MOST LIKELY. Should be found by now, but I’m always surprised how many drunk guys wander away and are not found or found way later. I don’t know why or how, but it happens a lot unfortunately. This one makes the most sense to me. I hope they keep searching, because I bet he’s there somewhere not too far away!

That’s mostly what I think, but any of these is possible and of course possibilities that I haven’t thought of. I just hope this poor man is found soon! It makes me sad.

I am not sure Tyler walked away mad or upset. I am not sure that he walked away at all.

Something is missing from this whole night's story

Why so little of him (if any) caught on security cams? They are everywhere these days
You’re so right, frisson. It is VERY weird about the camera footage. I don’t know what to think about that, but it’s strange!

Does anyone know where NamUs gets it's info from?
What I find really annoying is that there is no official statement of where his phone was last located.

The bringtylerdavishome website says the Abbott labs parking lot. And NamUs has a totally different location.
You got all these people willing to help and or search, how much of an effort is it to shed some light on that.

Does anyone know where NamUs gets it's info from?
What I find really annoying is that there is no official statement of where his phone was last located.

The bringtylerdavishome website says the Abbott labs parking lot. And NamUs has a totally different location.
You got all these people willing to help and or search, how much of an effort is it to shed some light on that.

This is a really good point. In this case, no one knows much of anything to know where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste