Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Jumping off your post lg2019....)
OR the hubby had a thing with the 'friend'...

...Wasn't it reported somewhere the wife had never met the 'friend' before???

ohhhh didn't even think of that! good thinking..

and i hadn't read that she never met the friend. i read that he frequently came over to their house and that her hubby and him had been friends for 10+years

Thank YOU for that...

Still feels Hinky.

ETA : my bad --- (wires crossed, blushing) maybe what I was recalling is it was wife's first time to that area??

ETA2: snipped...
“I was super concerned because obviously we’re not from the Columbus area at all," she said. "That was the first time I was ever in Easton.”

Family searching for missing man who disappeared at Easton nearly a month ago

Last edited:
...and in the river???
The river is 8+ miles from where he went missing. There was also a man reported missing right by that river a few weeks ago, so any body showing up is likely him. The whole Smiley Face Killing thing has been totally discounted by LE, both federal and local. The authors of that story took any smiley face graffitied within MILES of the body as being a "clue" to young men that got drunk and left a bar near water after midnight. I suggest they dive the retaining pond in front of the Costco, where his cell phone last pinged.

he will be found in the river. its just a matter of when.. sometimes its months later. of course law enforcement says there is no smiley face killers. there has just been too many men going missing randomly and ending up in a river. no they didn't go to pee in it, thats the dumbest thing I've heard.

What I want to know is why CPD has been so quiet about this. Do they know something so they're waiting until they have more evidence, or do they just not care about this case that much? Honestly, knowing how messed up CPD is, I could see it going either way.

What I want to know is why CPD has been so quiet about this. Do they know something so they're waiting until they have more evidence, or do they just not care about this case that much? Honestly, knowing how messed up CPD is, I could see it going either way.

They either know a lot and are still investigating or know absolutely nothing.

I’ve heard some pretty negative things about CPD. It’s starting to really concern me that they seem so careless.

My guess is, and I would love to be wrong, that they don't give a rat's hindquarters. IMO, MOO, they have decided that he was out partying, got drunk, therefore it was all his fault and they are not interested in doing anything further with it. I will never forget the time my husband had to literally beg a CPD officer to help a young lady whose car had broken down on I-70 right within the line of sight of the officer's cruiser. (Very busy, dangerous area for those not familiar) If they are that lazy, they are lazy enough to ignore Tyler. :(

he will be found in the river. its just a matter of when.. sometimes its months later. of course law enforcement says there is no smiley face killers. there has just been too many men going missing randomly and ending up in a river. no they didn't go to pee in it, thats the dumbest thing I've heard.
Please don't bring conspiracy theories into the thread without a solid argument to back it up. There is more evidence so far differentiating Tyler's case from those normally associated with SMK than there is similarities. We don't even know Tyler is dead. It is possible he will be found in the river, sure. It is also possible he is alive, in a sewer tunnel, buried or his bones laying in a bush right outside his last ping location where he wasn't found previously due to snow cover.

My guess is, and I would love to be wrong, that they don't give a rat's hindquarters. IMO, MOO, they have decided that he was out partying, got drunk, therefore it was all his fault and they are not interested in doing anything further with it. I will never forget the time my husband had to literally beg a CPD officer to help a young lady whose car had broken down on I-70 right within the line of sight of the officer's cruiser. (Very busy, dangerous area for those not familiar) If they are that lazy, they are lazy enough to ignore Tyler. :(
LE are quiet when they are doing their jobs. They do not have any responsibility to the public to keep us or the family updated on their activities in a case and usually only speak up when they need the public's help or there is high level of public intrest (as in cases of missing children). I can't speak for the reputation of CPD, but to make a sweeping generalisation that they don't care is grossly presumptive IMO. It is not the job of city LE to assist motorists with broken down cars - there is roadside assistance and your own responsibility to know how to change a flat or deal with an emergency. LE is comprised of many levels, departments and human beings of all types. Never assume they write someone off because of race, circumstance, age or sex. Consider how many sex workers, drug addicts, homeless and disenfranchised people LE help every day.
If LE has a lead or probable cause to search something, they'll do it or have done it.

SO, as I still moonlight at the local Pub, I was discussing this with some coworkers last night. . . . .their theory was that someone snatched him. . . . one of them also said that Ohio has the largest number of abductions in the country(?) Not sure if that's true or not, but if it is, I had no idea. Just another thing about Ohio that sucks.
We were discussing Columbus's reputation for sex trafficking. . . . is it common for grown men to be abducted for sex trafficking? When you hear "abduction" or "sex trafficking", females come to mind as the victims.
Is there any way to find out every pond and area that has been searched? I know Brittany's post referenced sonar and cadaver dogs, but I didn't see anything about the specifics of WHAT/WHERE was searched.
Should we really be baffled that the "friend" hasn't "come forward" yet? If the police aren't looking at him, why would he? How do we know he hasn't been searching, sharing posts on FB, and beating down doors to find his friend? We really don't know, because we have no idea who he is.
I will say it's mildly disturbing that this friend would leave knowing Tyler had not made it back to the hotel yet. Also, I do kind of wonder why Brittany woke the friend up first. I would wake my husband up first. Unless, of course, they both knew Tyler was completely wasted before they even got in the Uber and she thought she'd need the friend's help to get him out of the cab?
The thing that really bothers me the most about this is the fact that she said he sounded so confused. . . . . . maybe someone did slip him something. . . . . .maybe he was having some kind of a mini stroke or something?

I also think he isn’t alive :(. Based on his wife’s post, I feel she is being genuine. Leaving out some additional details about that night....imo highly likely....but I don’t get the feeling that he left on his own accord. I get the feeling it was truly accidental, that he wandered off and something happened. Falling in water, in a hole and couldn’t get out, not sure.

The story for me doesn’t add up for the night, even after her post. But how many times have we gone out for a night drinking, made weird decisions but never had to answer to people about them. And I’m sure they kept thinking he would come back, none of us ever think someone will just disappear.

I still have many questions about the friend. I don’t think Tyler ran into a killer by accident (although it could happen). My two options for this one is an accidental death, or something to do with the friend.

I haven’t checked today, but the wife’s post didn’t answer any additional questions IMO. And, I saw where they said he didn’t hit his head, then the post was deleted. I’m unsure why that question isn’t getting answered. It’s being kept quiet and that makes it a flag for me. It wouldn’t make a difference for me, but it would explain the confusion. No idea why it would be kept a secret other than if/when his body is found, if there IS a head wound (and he has NOT hit his head), it would answer foul play. I don’t know.

SO, as I still moonlight at the local Pub, I was discussing this with some coworkers last night. . . . .their theory was that someone snatched him. . . . one of them also said that Ohio has the largest number of abductions in the country(?) Not sure if that's true or not, but if it is, I had no idea. Just another thing about Ohio that sucks.
We were discussing Columbus's reputation for sex trafficking. . . . is it common for grown men to be abducted for sex trafficking? When you hear "abduction" or "sex trafficking", females come to mind as the victims.
Is there any way to find out every pond and area that has been searched? I know Brittany's post referenced sonar and cadaver dogs, but I didn't see anything about the specifics of WHAT/WHERE was searched.
Should we really be baffled that the "friend" hasn't "come forward" yet? If the police aren't looking at him, why would he? How do we know he hasn't been searching, sharing posts on FB, and beating down doors to find his friend? We really don't know, because we have no idea who he is.
I will say it's mildly disturbing that this friend would leave knowing Tyler had not made it back to the hotel yet. Also, I do kind of wonder why Brittany woke the friend up first. I would wake my husband up first. Unless, of course, they both knew Tyler was completely wasted before they even got in the Uber and she thought she'd need the friend's help to get him out of the cab?
The thing that really bothers me the most about this is the fact that she said he sounded so confused. . . . . . maybe someone did slip him something. . . . . .maybe he was having some kind of a mini stroke or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ismith93