OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. Is there any way you could find out what kind of 'activity' could be going on in the 'woods' on Stelzer Rd.?
Drugs, sex, homeless people, youth hanging around.
Unlikely in that area. The 'woods' are very sparse and truthfully it would be a stretch to call them woods. Easton is full of upscale retailers. Think Tiffany's and Coach etc. While I'm sure the homeless are around that area. There wouldnt be an area for camps

I just wonder why she thought ahead to say in advance that he would think two trees beside each other were woods. I could be wrong but as we break this story down more and more it sounds so shady. No pun intended. But, maybe I am just judging. But there are too many weird things about her story. That and coupled with the fact that her story in the very beginning is completely different then the story she came out with later.

Today, I made my almost weekly excursion to Costco/Whole Foods at Easton.

I spent an extra 45 minutes or so, driving around the area.

I focused my attention on the "wooded" lots around Easton.

As we would think of "woods" the undeveloped plots around Easton might be described as sparse...

any standing water would be mostly reserved for retaining ponds, and very shallow creeks.

The level of credibility applied to the narrative provided by the wife is declining, in my opinion.

Davis calls his wife, from the "woods" stating that he can "SEE" the Hilton and will be there in minutes"

While the Hilton is certainly a tall structure - being able to see it from many of the "wooded" areas shaded on the map would be a challenge. - and if this part of the story is true, Davis was very near the Hilton - much closer than the Ross Labs property ....

So if we are to believe the story of the call received by the wife... Davis was abducted near the area of Stelzer Rd. and Easton Way -

I say abducted, because his body is NOT there. (is there a chance that the extensive search of the area "missed" locating a dead body? sure - but I'm speculating he his NOT there)

I will also suggest that "abduction" is a remote possibility. 4:00 AM at Easton Town Center, and a 29 year-old white guy is snatched off the street? Unlikely.

I'm curious if you saw any missing posters?
I also noticed some sort of small side entrance of the hotel on Easton Loop. Some stairs, a bench and flower pots. Do you know if that is an actual entrance guests could use (for a smoke)? And if there's a camera there?

Did you happen to take any pictures? I'm curious how 'the woods' on Steltzer Rd. look now.

The river is 8+ miles from where he went missing. There was also a man reported missing right by that river a few weeks ago, so any body showing up is likely him. The whole Smiley Face Killing thing has been totally discounted by LE, both federal and local. The authors of that story took any smiley face graffitied within MILES of the body as being a "clue" to young men that got drunk and left a bar near water after midnight. I suggest they dive the retaining pond in front of the Costco, where his cell phone last pinged.
Agreed. The retention pond is where they should be looking... IMO. Smiley Face... hmmm... with the dark web coming into reality and numerous young men being killed/dying near universities... being found in water... there is more to the story on these IMO. Several of the smiley faces were actually found very very near where the body was found. But, that is another thread. Yes, the retaining pond!

I just wonder why she thought ahead to say in advance that he would think two trees beside each other were woods. I could be wrong but as we break this story down more and more it sounds so shady. No pun intended. But, maybe I am just judging. But there are too many weird things about her story. That and coupled with the fact that her story in the very beginning is completely different then the story she came out with later.
You know what I really, really wonder about? If she's asked the friend to clarify where he last saw Tyler on his walk and what happened. What Tylers physical and mental state was. Did they talk, or did he see him from a distance etc. And why she hasn't put that information out there by now. It won't be long before this goes cold and people won't remember what they could have seen that night.

And also, Tyler might not be on any camera, but the friend knows where HE walked. So HE must be traceable on camera or there's something really fishy.

Last edited:
It's possible his wife made the comment about him saying "the woods" but being between two trees to try and emphasize that his location may not have just been in a big wooded area--to not only focus on an area that is like a traditional woodsy area. MOO. I'm just thinking if I am trying to get people to help with searching or to try and figure out where he was, and if it was my husband I might say, "He told me he was in the woods, but you have to understand how he defines woods," you know?

As far as mentioning the massage the next day, maybe she wanted to emphasize that their relationship was good, they had plans together, and everything was normal? I don't know. I don't personally find the wife's comments odd, but MOO.

I do think his disappearance is odd. I mean, where is he? It seems like he could have only gotten so far in the time line listed and where his phone pinged, but no one can locate him. My first thought had been an accidental death--falling into water, getting hit by a car, or something else. But now I am considering foul play too for the simple fact he hasn't been located and it's almost two months later. I do hope he is found, preferably alive obviously, but even if deceased, at least maybe his family could get some closure.

I find it interesting that on the FB page when anyone asks about searches, people in the family always say "that area has been searched" "all ponds have been searched" "all water has been searched with sonar" "dogs have been brought out to search" " all woods have been searched" etc. etc. etc. and then they say that the police aren't doing anything....First of all, if you think the police aren't doing anything then why not continue searching the places that have allegedly already been searched? Why would you not continue to search every single place you possible can regardless of whether it has already been searched?

I find it interesting that on the FB page when anyone asks about searches, people in the family always say "that area has been searched" "all ponds have been searched" "all water has been searched with sonar" "dogs have been brought out to search" " all woods have been searched" etc. etc. etc. and then they say that the police aren't doing anything....First of all, if you think the police aren't doing anything then why not continue searching the places that have allegedly already been searched? Why would you not continue to search every single place you possible can regardless of whether it has already been searched?

That is a good point and I noticed that too. It sounds like at times on the page that they are almost mad when people offer to help. If it were my husband, I’d push the searches Over and over no matter how many times It had been searched because we all know that sometimes things are not discovered the first time around. She said he was mad and went for a walk, what was he mad about? Had to be something. I still can’t get over that the both of them let him walk off into the night, she twice he was confused, And he had said something to the effect that can we go back to the hotel or something and they were right in front of the hotel. She DESCRIBES in detail how confused he was 2x. OK so if he’s so confused and he has fallen trying to get out the car why would you let him walk off into the night. Again, I’m not trying to be mean and none of know until we are in the situation, but this seems bad and I feel terrible for him. I feel like he was the odd one out in the group of three. I don’t know why I feel that way, I just do. Maybe because she woke him up last, and of course she even describes that in overboard.

I don't have FB. Does it say what kind of dogs were used especially for the ponds? Cadaver dogs or dog's who search for people that are alive? About the ponds. I know people who drown when it's cold might not surface for a while. And I also wonder if there's pipes in the ponds that a person could get stuck in.

I'm not trying to be mean either, I hope I didn't come off that way. But yeah, if that were my husband I would be out searching day and night regardless of what had been searched and what hadn't. ...Also she specifically states that "He wouldn't just leave" um, really, isn't that what he did when he decided to go for a walk? Didn't he "just leave" ?

Also, if he been gone since after three why wait till ten a.m. or so to call the police?
We also don't know how the friend left. Did he have a car? If so, why not get in the car and go get him. He should have been back long before the friend went home.

They bring this upon themselves that people start speculating.
Get ALL the information out. Where was he last seen. In what physical and mental state. Was he drunk, did he take drugs etc.

Does anyone know how cold it was when Tyler disappeared? If he had no coat on, would he have been in serious trouble even if he would have fallen asleep on a bench?

On Sat., Feb. 23, 2019, the high was 54 and the low was 35 deg. F. On Sun. Feb. 24, 2019, the high was 56 deg. F.; low was 29 deg. F.

On Sat., Feb. 23, 2019, the high was 54 and the low was 35 deg. F. On Sun. Feb. 24, 2019, the high was 56 deg. F.; low was 29 deg. F.
I had to convert it to celcius (1.6 and minus 1.6 celcius). Man that's cold without a jacket and most likely intoxicated. No he wouldn't have been ok had he fallen sleep or fallen into a ditch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member