OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had been more specific about where Tyler was last seen and where he was heading right from the start they might have had more to go on.

If for example he had last been seen heading for 'the woods' along Stelzer Rd., someone might have come forward who didn't see Tyler, but who saw a car parked in an odd way near the bushes around that time.

Or if he had last been seen close to a specific parking lot, someone might have heard yelling in that parking lot and seen a car speeding off.

They could have given more details while at the same time asking to report any possible sighting no matter where, cause they have no clue what really happened.

If they had been more specific about where Tyler was last seen and where he was heading right from the start they might have had more to go on.

If for example he had last been seen heading for 'the woods' along Stelzer Rd., someone might have come forward who didn't see Tyler, but who saw a car parked in an odd way near the bushes around that time.

Or if he had last been seen close to a specific parking lot, someone might have heard yelling in that parking lot and seen a car speeding off.

They could have given more details while at the same time asking to report any possible sighting no matter where, cause they have no clue what really happened.
Good point.

If Tyler sold drugs at any kind of volume, he wouldn’t work the night shift at Wendy’s, IMO.

One thing I find very strange which no one has mentioned to my knowledge is that reference has been made to Tyler being in poor health, having chest pains when lifting heavy objects, etc. This is extremely abnormal for a 29 year old. Could he have had an undiagnosed health condition? Could his ill health have been the result of a substance abuse problem? I think it’s possible that Tyler succumbed to a health problem while extremely under the influence and just hasn’t been found yet.

I also think that the wife’s story is believable if Tyler was extremely belligerent when he got out of the Uber, and was combative towards his friend to the point where his friend left him alone. I can see a friend, also very drunk (etc?), saying “go take a walk and pull yourself together”, if Tyler was yelling at or shoving him. After that, Tyler starts to wander in confusion and some sort of misadventure happens and he dies?

Last edited:
One thing I find very strange which no one has mentioned to my knowledge is that reference has been made to Tyler being in poor health, having chest pains when lifting heavy objects, etc. This is extremely abnormal for a 29 year old. Could he have had an undiagnosed health condition? Could his ill health have been the result of a substance abuse problem? I think it’s possible that Tyler succumbed to a health problem while extremely under the influence and just hasn’t been found yet.
That would be the most likely scenario for me as well.
Intoxication/medical issues and hypothermia. And a lack of sleep.
But where is he and why hasn't he been found yet.

And that's why some things keep nagging at me.

Anyone else remember "Missy" who posted here at the beginning? Tyler is her boss at Wendy's. That is where it was stated that Tyler and the friend got into an argument. Then a day or so later Missy retracted all she stated because ??? Because Brittany said it wasn't true? This is the red flag relating to the friend for me.

yes i remember that! So I also just put it together that Wendy's corporate headquarters is in Dublin, OH a suburb about 20 mins away on the other side of Columbus from New ALbawhere tyler went missing . since tyler was a manager of one of their restaurants i wonder if they would ever help and introduce a reward in this case? Or has one already been offered? ALSO I mean I would think the hilton at easton would maybe have some vested interest in offering a financial reward to find a patron who is missing? i mean his last known location is entering their hotel.

Here is the post from Missy in here hope it’s ok to copy and paste it on here: “ hi guys. I just found this thread and made an account. I'm a personal friend of Tyler's. He has been my manager (Boro Wendys) for over a year now, and he's very close with us all. More like a father figure than a manager, and he'd give us money, food, the clothes off his back. He hangs out with coworkers outside of work to play games almost weekly. His son is his life. He gets put in the doghouse with his wife from time to time, but it's obvious he loves her too. He's the kind of person you can tell anything to, and get great advice. But he treats himself like ****, smokes, is generally unhealthy -- he pledged to go see a doctor and take better care of himself at 30. We're all still hoping we can hold him to it :(

So here's the story I got from the coworker he hangs out with weekly, who is even closer to him than I am, and spends time with his wife as well.

His wife, a friend of theirs, and he went to celebrate his wife's birthday. They had drinks and went to a strip club. They headed back to the hotel and at some point Tyler and his friend got into an argument. I don't know what about, but it got Tyler mad enough to go off to the woods. He doesn't lose his cool easily. I assume he smoked to cool off. His wife was concerned, so the friend said he'd go after him, but he came back alone and said it'd be fine. She was still worried and said she'd go after him too, although the friend said she was blowing things out of proportion. She did go anyway but couldn't find him, and returned to the hotel to wait. Close to 4 am, Tyler called and said he'd be there in ten minutes -- ah well the phone conversation is listed above a bit differently. It's probably more accurate. In any case, 4:10 came and went and Tyler never showed. I do not know if the friend was still with the wife or if he had already left by then. Either way I heard the detective has already questioned him, and do not know what came of that. Hotel cams show him heading to the hotel, but nobody seems clear if he *entered* the hotel or not. It is possible police are holding information, because I can't imagine the hotel cameras don't show the door.

Please keep in mind this is second hand info because I'm not in contact with the wife. Tyler would not run away, no charges have been made to his bank account, his phone has been off, he'd have no car, and he didn't even take a jacket. He wasn't a hardcore druggie. It doesn't look good. We're having a hard time keeping up hope at work :(
Am I understanding this correctly that hotel cameras show him coming back toward the hotel at 4am????

yes i remember that! So I also just put it together that Wendy's corporate headquarters is in Dublin, OH a suburb about 20 mins away on the other side of Columbus from New ALbawhere tyler went missing . since tyler was a manager of one of their restaurants i wonder if they would ever help and introduce a reward in this case? Or has one already been offered? ALSO I mean I would think the hilton at easton would maybe have some vested interest in offering a financial reward to find a patron who is missing? i mean his last known location is entering their hotel.
Do we actually know 100% that he was on camera going towards the hotel at 4am?

If he was moved from the area he won’t be found in searches that they are doing. There was a CDC Dr. Missing in Atlanta and they had searched the river...but he was found in the river just further down than the search.

So what is everyone thinking happened?
It’s nearly impossible that someone was lurking in the dark and took him at 4am. He didn’t run away to start a new life... so the only things left are

if he was moved because someone supplied him with something that had him appear lifeless moved him in order to cover himself he won’t be found in or around Easton.

FWIW, I don’t think that someone moved him. Bodies are missed all the time, even in urban areas, and drunk men can wander much further than you’d imagine. Remember the case of the guy missing from a sports game in California who walked over a mile and was found in the water?

I also think the Smiley Face Killer is the most foolish thing I’ve ever heard. So there is a gang of people just waiting to find extremely intoxicated men (in this case literally falling down drunk) in the middle of the night all alone all over the world?? That defies logic unless you believe it’s supernatural (beyond the most foolish thing I’ve ever heard)! Occam’s razor (as well as any kind of halfway intelligent rational thought) suggests that men who are falling down drunk tend to get themselves into trouble all by themselves because they’re, you know, falling down drunk.

I noticed the Admins of the missing page frequently mention that certain areas have “already been checked”. I feel there’s value in checking the same areas over and over. To azure’s point above, bodies are missed all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot