OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That has always been my issue as well. How much of a personality change could have really taken place on a short Uber ride?

Some people become belligerent drunks in a really short period of time. Lack of sleep and hard drinking (shots) all night takes a toll on people.
According to B they are basically homebodies, maybe overdid it that night,

I'm here after listening to part one of the podcast too. I am so torn after hearing the account. I agree there is a casual, callousness about it that seems so strange...I would expect an emotional appeal of some sort or talk of how he is missed. Then again, we don't know how much was edited. I will say the fact that she continually refers to him in the present tense as if he is just on a trip makes me feel better. Usually, when a person speaks of someone in the past tense it indicates their knowledge/belief the person is deceased.

I am curious if nearby bodies of water have been searched. I believe he stumbled into a deadly accident.
I almost get the impression she knows it’s an interesting story and is enjoying telling it. It just doesn’t sound like someone talking about a loved one...she is very casual.

Not trying to be mean, but Brittany doesn’t exactly come across as a criminal mastermind. It’s been 2 months since he disappeared. Totally leaning towards a grave accident. That being said, I think the wife, friend, and mother are making it hard to believe this was an unfortunate accident with their actions and behavior.

Not trying to be mean, but Brittany doesn’t exactly come across as a criminal mastermind. It’s been 2 months since he disappeared. Totally leaning towards a grave accident. That being said, I think the wife, friend, and mother are making it hard to believe this was an unfortunate accident with their actions and behavior.

Maybe she’s in denial/shock & wont believe what is happening until they find him

Just because someone isn't a mastermind doesn't mean they can't be a criminal, MOO. Not saying she is or isn't either way.

I would definitely say he passed out, not just fell asleep & she did say that the Uber driver was getting aggravated, so when she & the friend got Tyler out of the car he was basically still asleep. That could explain the confusion. And if he was passed out; I’m sure he doesn’t even remember the car ride, so maybe thats why he didn’t think they were back at the hotel. A lot of people are grumpy when woke up, I could definitely see a drunk man being woken up from passing out getting angry. ‍♀️ I too at first suspected the friend, but now I am leaning more towards a freak accident...my gut tells me that they need to check (or recheck) the pond.

I totally agree. It sounds like they had a lot to drink. (No judgment. I, too, have special occasions that I can drink too much as well.) It sounds like he did pass out in the Uber. A lot of Uber drivers dislike very intoxicated customers because they will sometimes throw up in their vehicle. Then, they can’t pick anymore customers up until the car is cleaned, so they lose money. I know a lot of people who are irrational, combative and angry when they get awaken from passing out. Plus, he was supposedly exhausted. I’m actually surprised they let him go off on his own. I know everyone was drinking, but I’d be apt to just have a fight to get him into the hotel room. It sounds like she had a bit less to drink. He WOULD be very confused if he was that intoxicated. The friend coming back alone is weird, but Tyler could have insisted to be left alone for a while. We don’t know. I feel like some pertinent details are being left out. Without BD telling us, we just have no way to know. I hope the PD being kinda on the down low means that they DO indeed know what happened and are gathering all the evidence. This is ALL JMO, so take it for what it’s worth.

I'm leaning towards drunken misadventure also.
Me, too, and I don’t think he is very far from the Hilton. 1 to 1.5 miles tops.

The four-second call might have ended the way it did because he fell into water.

Here are some examples:
From 2012:
“OKLAHOMA CITY - Two men watch their friend drown, but won't be charged with his death. Police say the three men were so drunk that one drowned and the others simply couldn't help.

[SBM]

The three men were walking along a creek near Penn and Reno when one of the men complained something bit him. He reached down, but ended up face down in the shallow water. That's when his two friends called for help.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Drunk Man Drowns In Creek In Front Of Friends, Police Say

You can see how shallow the water was:
upload_2019-4-17_14-14-39.jpeg

From 2005:
“The blood-alcohol level of Jonathon Petit, the Carol Stream teenager who drowned in a retention pond after attending a friend's party in June, was two to three times the level at which an adult is considered intoxicated in Illinois, according to court testimony Tuesday.

[SBM]

Petit was asked to leave the party after midnight after because he was reportedly ‘highly intoxicated’ and ‘causing disturbances and wrestling with people,’ Miller said.

Several friends said they last saw him about 1:45 a.m. on June 18, entering the retention pond, which often is called Mitchell Lake.

Petit's parents reported him missing early June 18, and the search focused on the pond. His body was recovered June 21.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Teen who drowned was drunk

In this picture, it does look more like a lake, IMO:
upload_2019-4-17_14-23-51.jpeg

From 2013:
“[SBM]

Heather and Kenny Jordan and Heather's 12-year-old daughter, Nikki Simpkins, drowned on Feb. 10 at about 3 a.m.

Investigation documents released by the medical examiner indicate that Kenny Jordan, 30, suggested the family swim across the 100-yard pond.

According to police, the water was 45 degrees that night and it was about 28 degrees outside.

According to the medical examiner report, when no one would go with him, Kenny Jordan went into the water alone. Nikki Simpkins heard her stepfather cry for help and went into the water to help him.

‘She floundered and sank,’ the report stated.

Heather Jordan, 33, went in the pond to help her daughter and became overwhelmed by the conditions, as well.

[SBM]

The report also made note of ethanol intoxication for Heather Jordan and her husband. Kenny Jordan's blood alcohol content at 0.15. Heather Jordan's blood alcohol content was 0.08. The legal driving limit in North Carolina is 0.08.

Alcohol was the only drug the for which the examiner’s office tested.

[SBM]

A note in the autopsy report stated Kenny Jordan ‘actually said he wanted to see if he could walk on water.’

[SBM]” (BBM)
Official: 3 family members died in rescue gone wrong

“[SBM]

Authorities said three other juveniles were also swimming with the group but survived. The pond is reportedly 2-4 feet deep and the center is 7-8 feet deep.

[SBM]

Investigators said emergency crews arrived at the scene within about four minutes of being called and found the adult victims within a few hours.

Officials said it took more than nine hours to find Simpkins and crews had started draining the pond by the time she was found.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Three family members drown in High Point pond

upload_2019-4-17_14-46-38.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-17_14-14-28.jpeg
    upload_2019-4-17_14-14-28.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
Greetings

Lifelong resident of the NE suburbs of Columbus. I'm very familiar with Easton.

A few thoughts....

Why spend the evening with the local friend....? The friend has the local drug connection. (Wife may not know about drug use)

Upon arriving back at the Hilton, Davis wants to keep partying, calls the local drug connection who will meet Davis near the Hilton.
Possibly in the now vacant lot were the Shrine Temple once was. (adjacent to Costco and the small patch of "woods").

Friend goes after Davis, realizes or sees (or knew of Davis' plan to buy more drugs) what Tyler is doing - returns to Hotel.

Drug transaction goes poorly - foul play - Davis expires

Drug transaction goes smoothly - but results in overdose - Davis expires

Where is the body?

Friend collects the body (instead of returning home) and disposes of it.

Coyotes

You raise some very pertinent points. I, too, wonder about the same things.... jmo

Wouldn’t the body be floating right after it happened ?

Also, is it typical for police to withhold so much info? Do you think they are onto something?

Generally the body would stay sunk until decomposition sets in. Should rise after 3-4 weeks for Ohio weather at that time of year, IMO.

So he would have been floating for weeks, or there would be an odor if he was above ground. But nothing.

Makes me wonder if he was moved from the area.

Also, is it typical for police to withhold so much info? Do you think they are onto something?
No. Bodies tend to sink, ultimately surfacing due to the formation of gasses.

In cold water, this can take several weeks to occur.

I’m not surprised with the lack of information that has been released. Unless they need the assistance of the public, they will keep the investigation quiet.

Just because someone isn't a mastermind doesn't mean they can't be a criminal, MOO. Not saying she is or isn't either way.

Of course you don’t have to be a mastermind to be a criminal. Just merely stating it’s been 2 months since he disappeared. If someone vanishes seemingly without a trace in a heavily populated area with cameras all around, I have to believe a mastermind was behind it. That’s no easy feat.

I'm probably the only person to think this, but as a woman, if my husband took me to a strip club with a male friend of his on MY birthday, I'd be beyond pissed off especially if I'd recently had a baby and were likely working hard to get myself back in shape. This whole story, the initial one and the changed one, in my opinion, does NOT pass the sniff test.

I can totally understand your point of view, GraceG. It’s a common one for many women. As a woman, I like to go to strip clubs with friends sometimes. I’ve never been to a trashy one, just nice ones. I have a blast. It’s just a different experience. Security is pretty tight at strip clubs, and they are great about making sure especially women visitors aren’t harassed or anything. I’ve never felt safer when out at them. I have girl friends who do the same. So, from my perspective, I don’t think it’s at all odd. I respect your opinion totally. I’m just offering a different perspective. jmo

No. Bodies tend to sink, ultimately surfacing due to the formation of gasses.

In cold water, this can take several weeks to occur.

I’m not surprised with the lack of information that has been released. Unless they need the assistance of the public, they will keep the investigation quiet.

So if they don't need the assistance of the public then do you think they have a person or persons of interest? Usually in a case where there's obviously CCTV footage of the person on the night they disappeared LE will at least release that? I guess by not releasing video/photos/info we get an idea that they don't need help in finding out what happened to tyler. Maybe they have circumstantial evidence and are trying to get the suspect (s) to incriminate themselves? Just seems off to me since he is STILL MISSING!

So if they don't need the assistance of the public then do you think they have a person or persons of interest? Usually in a case where there's obviously CCTV footage of the person on the night they disappeared LE will at least release that? I guess by not releasing video/photos/info we get an idea that they don't need help in finding out what happened to tyler. Maybe they have circumstantial evidence and are trying to get the suspect (s) to incriminate themselves? Just seems off to me since he is STILL MISSING!
They very well might believe that there is no foul play involved too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13