GUILTY OH - Zachary Dunn for kidnap, rape of 6yo girl, Jackson, 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ARTICLE IS FROM MAY AND IS BEING POSTED TO REFLECT THAT SENTENCING IS TODAY, SEE BOTTOM OF POST

Convicted child abductor sentencing rescheduled

Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 3:37 pm | Updated: 10:04 pm, Wed May 27, 2015.

By Felicia Tackett Times-Journal Writer

JACKSON— Zachary R. Dunn, 32, was scheduled to be sentenced for the crimes he was previously found guilty of on Wednesday, but it was delayed until a later date.

Jackson County Common Pleas Court Judge Christopher Regan made the decision after he was presented statements from the parents of the victim, as well as sentencing recommendations from the State, and questions and recommendations brought up by Defense Counsel, John Cornely, of the Ohio Public Defender’s Office.

Judge Regan delayed the sentencing so he would have ample time to review the State’s recommendations for sentencing, look at any cited case numbers that could have a bearing on the Dunn case, contemplate the victim’s statements, and consider the recommendations of the defense, before actually presenting Dunn’s sentence.

Jackson County Prosecutor, Justin Lovett, cited the eight counts Dunn was convicted for: Counts one, two and three, kidnapping with specifications; count five, abduction; count six, rape; counts seven and eight, gross sexual imposition; and count nine felonious assault.

(snip)

Judge Regan will hand down his sentence on Thursday, June 11, at 2:30 p.m.

http://www.timesjournal.com/news/article_0addc353-fde8-56b8-ae13-89b4e48595a4.html

The Telegram retweeted
Pete Wilson ‏@NewsmanPete 6m6 minutes ago

Convicted child kidnapper, rapist and physical abuser Zachary Dunn sentenced to life in prison without chance of parole.

YES!!! justice for this wee victim :rose: :heartbeat: bless her and i pray she has had and will continue to have counseling and is healing :rose:

The Telegram retweeted
Pete Wilson ‏@NewsmanPete 6m6 minutes ago

Convicted child kidnapper, rapist and physical abuser Zachary Dunn sentenced to life in prison without chance of parole.

YES!!! justice for this wee victim :rose: :heartbeat: bless her and i pray she has had and will continue to have counseling and is healing :rose:

BBM :heartbeat: She has, is and she will ;)

BBM :heartbeat: She has, is and she will ;)
oh that is so wonderful to hear tillicum, how are you associated to this case? i'm sorry i must have missed it earlier in the thread?

oh! ok? i'm sorry, by what you said i didn't think it was an issue? forgive me............

eta........well now i feel terrible :(..........i'm a tad lost here but i'm very sorry if i've crossed some line but by your comment i did not think there was any confidentiality.........

moving on.........but do please forgive me :(

Prison door slams shut on Dunn (permanently)

Convicted child kidnapper, rapist, and physical abuser Zachary Dunn will never again see the outside of a state prison in his lifetime as a result of the sentence handed down in Jackson County Common Pleas Court.

In a sentencing hearing conducted Thursday afternoon, June 11, Judge Christopher T. Regan sentenced Dunn to the maximum possible prison term for the crimes he was convicted of committing against a 6-year-old Jackson area girl in July 2013.

http://www.thetelegramnews.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=83&ArticleID=23262

Imagine searching for this child, the fear of what you might find and learning she was found alive. Alive! Now the monster has received the harshest penalty possible, he'll never harm another child again. I have seen justice today and it feels good. Damn good!

A new day, a new life for our spunky little victim :loveyou:

Jackson County Man Convicted Of Raping, Kidnapping 6-Year-Old, Sentenced To Life In Prison

(snip)
"This defendant committed one of the most heinous crimes imaginable, and with today's sentence he will never have the chance to hurt another child ever again," said Attorney General DeWine. "Those who target children in this state will be met with the full force of the law."

Dunn was arrested in July 2003 after kidnapping the child from her home in Jackson.

After sexually assaulting the girl, Dunn left her in a Liberty Township cemetery. The girl managed to reach a nearby residence for help.

"Zachary Dunn is a callous child predator who still shows no genuine remorse for the terrible acts he committed against a defenseless six-year-old girl, and he is most deserving of nothing less than the maximum possible punishment that was handed down today," said Jackson County Prosecuting Attorney Justin Lovett.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...g-6-year-old-sentenced-to-life-in-prison.html

:rose: bless this child :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member