Ohio, Akron, police rescue 22 yr old held hostage for days...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This guy should not have been out to do this again. Something definitely wrong with the system,

Why did the homeowners wait 9 hours to call the police? Something not right there. Unbelievable.

I hope the young lady recovers and heals. She was so scared.

This guy should not have been out to do this again. Something definitely wrong with the system,

Why did the homeowners wait 9 hours to call the police? Something not right there. Unbelievable.

I hope the young lady recovers and heals. She was so scared.
BBM- that was my question too, like after he saw what was done to her - they left her there with that monster?
They should face some kind of charges for that IMO!!!

Some of those judges down there in those counties like Stark and Carroll, I don't know. JMO, they see a lot of these as drug-related cases where both victim and perp are addicts, so a "victimless" crime. They're wrong, of course. Carroll and Stark county judges should have done more, but they're surprisingly lax. Some of us followed a case a while back of a little 14 yo boy who died of a fentanyl overdose while working on the dairy farm of a family friend one weekend. Never heard the real story, but it was believed the kid had a toothache and took a pill from a bottle of what he thought was a pain reliever.

It took the county prosecutor a really long time to charge the young man (drug addict) who ran the dairy farm for his parents and gave the pill to the kid. I almost thought they were going to let it slide. The guy later changed his story and said the kid wanted to take fentanyl, which was ludicrous. He finally admitted guilt but didn't say exactly how it happened and made it sound like an accident or blamed the victim. He got a maximum of 9 years. Unreal.

NO WORDS. This is beyond upsetting.

BBM- that was my question too, like after he saw what was done to her - they left her there with that monster?
They should face some kind of charges for that IMO!!!

In an interview linked above, he said he was concerned that if he called 911 right away, the guy would panic and possibly hurt his own family. He thought the extra time would give the creep a chance to cool down or something. Not so sure about that, but glad he finally called.

In an interview linked above, he said he was concerned that if he called 911 right away, the guy would panic and possibly hurt his own family. He thought the extra time would give the creep a chance to cool down or something. Not so sure about that, but glad he finally called.
Can't find the eye-roll icon.........

Glad he did "finally" call for assistance, but you can sleep knowing there's a victim being held against her will... you're scared of the monster too? It's beyond belief what some people's thought process is, to delay responding for help when someone is in dire need of help... a matter of life or death.

I commend the young lady for speaking out - bringing awareness of this monster. She is brave and is showing much courage more than anyone I've seen in this event.

Moo

I recalled this one, too. Dennis Dunn buried a woman who was his next door neighbor in an underground pit below a storage shed in his back yard.

He served 4 years and was granted a new trial in 2021. Looks like nothing has happened since then.

In a rare move, the same common pleas judge in Clinton County who convicted Dennis Dunn of kidnapping and abduction has now ruled his constitutional rights were violated at trial because he had ineffective assistance of counsel.
Judge Tim Rudduck ordered a new trial and released Dunn from prison.
That decision is not sitting well with neighbors who live on Central Avenue where Dunn still owns his home.

Wrong answer IMO, there was some other reason - he's lying!!!

Wrong answer IMO, there was some other reason - he's lying!!!
I totally agree. I don’t suspect the homeowners of being involved at all, but I do suspect they had something to hide (figuratively or physically). I just cannot imagine knowing this guy was holding a women in their garage against her will and they could spend 9 hours allowing her to be further traumatized while they were steps away.

Hopeful this (bbm) is true, as this monster need not ever be freed again... moo

Mozingo is currently being held on a $100,000 bond at Summit County Jail ahead of his next court appearance on charges including kidnapping, abduction, assault, unlawful restraint and parole violation.

Kidnapping alone can be punished by a life sentence under Ohio’s penal code and Mastin is optimistic that the courts might finally recognize the escalating danger.

2 November 2023

William Mozingo, 33, was arraigned on charges of kidnapping, felonious assault, abduction and unlawful restraint. He has been held without bond since his Oct. 16 arrest due to a parole violation.
The "parole violation" charge is for him walking away from a minimum security facility in Stark County (Canton) for twice committing similar abductions of women.

He's in Summit County, OH jail now and I hope he stays there until his trial.

Last edited:
It makes me so angry that this wild violent predator did this several times, and each time was able to walk free rather quickly, to do it again and again. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Late to this thread, but yeah I don't understand this sentencing AT ALL. I know of people with drug convictions sentenced longer than this evil jerk. Make it make sense!

The "parole violation" charge is for him walking away from a minimum security facility in Stark County (Canton) for twice committing similar abductions of women.

He's in Summit County, OH jail now and I hope he stays there until his trial.

I hope he does "something else" while there and good riddance if it happens. JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back