Ohio - Terrified autistic teen, 19, goaded, stripped naked and restrained by NINE cops

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Dotta

Reaction score

"Heartbreaking video

shows terrified autistic teen, 19,

being goaded,

stripped naked and restrained

by NINE cops while begging them to

'listen to me' -

before smacking his head against wall and dying."

:(

"Father of autistic teen

who died in police custody

said he banged his head to soothe himself.

1717711839196.png

The father of an autistic teen who died in police custody after slamming his head on a cell door
said his son desperately needed help and was simply trying to soothe himself.

Celsey Trammell,
Isaiah's father,
told NewsNation's Ashleigh Banfield that he would regularly bang his head to
'self soothe' -
a common practice known as 'stimming.'

'So, growing, Isiah growing up, you know, due to his autism, he would have episodes,
and it's called stimming,
and what it does is it allows them to self soothe,
and kind of self-calm themselves',
Celsey said.

After badly injuring himself,
he was taken to a hospital and put on life support for three days before he died.
The corner ruled he died by suicide.

Now, more than a year after the tragic incident,
Celsey said that he and his family have not heard from authorities about their son's tragic death.

'As of right now, no.
We haven't received anything from anyone in regards to Isaiah, but I will say that we miss him quite a bit,
he was a fantastic human being and a great person to be around, and like I said,
we truly, truly miss him,'
his heartbroken father added.

Isaiah's mother, Brandy Abner, also said that their son was 'stimming' inside of the jail cell to calm himself down.

Isaiah had been taken to jail after neighbors called police because he'd spent the night banging his head into a wall at his home.

He told officers banging his head on the wall was
'the only way I know to get rid of the crazy in my head'."

:(

MOO IMO

This video and the reports make my blood boil. I can't watch that video - I immediately burst into tears. I am a person with autism, and while that might surprise some people because I don't struggle socially, I do understand the physical nightmare that is overstimulation; this seem to be far beyond that. This looks like torture.

MOO Ohio cops quite literally are some of the worst, and as someone from Dayton, OH, that PD is as rotten as it gets.

How does a “wellness check” turn into an “outstanding domestic violence warrant for arrest”?

That jail cell is a sensory nightmare: bright lights, concrete walls, exposed toilet causing a smell. And denying him his medication? A blanket? Stripping him naked? My god, they should be sued for sexual assault moo. How is that “appropriate care”?

Calling his death a suicide? We saw the video.

I’m furious. The typical “we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing” nonsense. The Guardian reported seven deaths at this jail, including Isaiah’s.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slayerwarlover
Back