GUILTY OK - Girl, 3, beaten, shock collar used on her, Rogers Co., Feb 2020 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey @Niner
Here’s what I see
Friday, May 21, 2021 at 9:30 AM. PRELIMINARY HEARING (MCGIRT)*

No idea what it all means (received card after incident)

04-12-2021 CTFREE
(MIN OF 4-9-2021) STEIDLEY; ST BY BALLARD;
DFT PRESENT BY ATTY HENSON;
COMES ON FOR DFT'S MOTION TO DISM;
DFT RECEIVED CARD AFTER INCIDENT;
STATE REQUESTS A HRG;
DFT'S MOTION TO DISM SET FOR HRG 5-21-2021 AT 9:30 AM

Last edited:
Friday, May 21st:
*Preliminary (McGirt) Hearing (@ 9:30am CT) - OK – 3 yr. old (Jan. 27, 2020: beaten w/belt, strapped to table & forced to wear shock collar for a week, Collinsville) – only for *Gustus Andrew Glen Pennington (24/now 25) arrested (1/28/20) & charged (2/21/20) with kidnapping, domestic assault & battery with a dangerous weapon, 5 counts of child abuse, 1 count of child neglect, conspiracy, possession of a controlled substance & possession of drug paraphernalia. Held without bond.
Court info from 3/12/20 thru 2/16/21 reference post #132 here:
OK - Girl, 3, beaten, shock collar used on her, Rogers Co., Feb 2020 *Arrests*

3/22/21 Update: Pennington: Next preliminary (no issue) hearing on 3/29/21. 3/29/21 Update: Motion to Dismiss. McGirt hearing on 4/9/21. Re McGirt hearings: see post #133 here:

4/9/21 Update: Defendant present with attorney Henson. Defendant's motion to dismiss. Defendant received card after incident; State requests a hearing. Defendant's motion to dismiss set for preliminary (McGirt) hearing on 5/21/21.

*Jeannette Lee Wilson (24/now 25) “mom” arrested (3/1/20) & charged (3/11/20) with 5 counts child abuse or neglect, 1 count of enabling child neglect & 1 count of conspiracy. $2M bond.
Court info from 3/12/20 thru 2/8/21 reference post #132 here:
3/8/21 Update: Wilson: Preliminary hearing (with issues) on 5/26/21.

Can't access this article per EU rules - could someone give a 10% synopsis on this please? Maybe next court date if it is in there?

TIA! :)

It discusses his grounds for the McGirt motion and gives pretty graphic details on the abuse. No court date is listed.

Wilson moved in a week before the child. Pennington began beating the child the evening she arrived, 2/21, and continued every few minutes throughout the next day. He bound her hands and strapped her to the table to beat her with a piece of wood on 2/22 or 2/23. The shock collar arrived on 2/24.

“He would demand she recite her alphabet and if she messed up, he would shock her,” according to the affidavit.

“Pennington at some point put the child in a metal dog crate that was in a bedroom illuminated with a single red light, all of which he monitored with surveillance cameras. The child used a hole in a cinder block as a toilet, according to the affidavit.”

Wilson texted her sister for help on 2/27. Investigators found videos of the child being abused and that Pennington had an account on a social media network for bondage and sadism interests.

It discusses his grounds for the McGirt motion and gives pretty graphic details on the abuse. No court date is listed.

Wilson moved in a week before the child. Pennington began beating the child the evening she arrived, 2/21, and continued every few minutes throughout the next day. He bound her hands and strapped her to the table to beat her with a piece of wood on 2/22 or 2/23. The shock collar arrived on 2/24.

“He would demand she recite her alphabet and if she messed up, he would shock her,” according to the affidavit.

“Pennington at some point put the child in a metal dog crate that was in a bedroom illuminated with a single red light, all of which he monitored with surveillance cameras. The child used a hole in a cinder block as a toilet, according to the affidavit.”

Wilson texted her sister for help on 2/27. Investigators found videos of the child being abused and that Pennington had an account on a social media network for bondage and sadism interests.

What an @$$hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: that poor baby!! :( They should put shock collar on him!! Give him a cinder block for his toilet!

At least the "mom" called someone.... I can't even....

And thanks a bunch for info from the article.

now @ShHolmz - any updates on his next court date? I have Wilson for her preliminary hearing on 5/26. TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

Oh @heuristicsdepartment - I take it the Judge bound it over for trial?

Oh, it doesn’t say specifically. It says he faces federal charges after challenging the state charges, and it’s quoting a federal affidavit filed Thursday, so I guess the state charges were dismissed, or maybe that will be decided later? It says he is still in jail.

@ShHolmz - do you have access to the Federal court site for OK? Looks like his state case was moved to federal court. From what I am understanding from the above post. TIA!

@ShHolmz - do you have access to the Federal court site for OK? Looks like his state case was moved to federal court. From what I am understanding from the above post. TIA!

Hello@Niner. I do not have access, you have to register for an account to include quite a bit of personal information. Sorry, I’m not comfortable with doing that.

Here is the link for US Federal Cases if anyone is interested.
[URL="https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/registration.jsf"]On-Line Registration | PACER: Registration[/URL]
Case locator
[URL="https://pacer.login.uscourts.gov/csologin/login.jsf?pscCourtId=OKNDC&appurl=https://ecf.oknd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/showpage.pl?16"]PACER: Login

[/URL]

The state site has an update. It sounds like the McGirt part has not been decided:

Friday, June 11, 2021 at 9:30 AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING (McGirt)*(PLH) Pennington, Gustus Andrew Glen CF Docket A

05-20-2021 B - Pennington, Gustus Andrew Glen 9733102 May 21 2021 9:04:49:880AM - $ 0.00
BRIEF ON DEFENDANT'S INDIAN STATUS
document.gif
Pursuant to 12 O.S. � 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
05-21-2021 CTFREE - Pennington, Gustus Andrew Glen 9735322 May 21 2021 3:01:04:897PM - $ 0.00
STEIDLEY; ST BY STRAIN; DFT PRESENT VIA TEAMS FROM RCJ; ATTY HENSON

“Gustus Andrew Glen Pennington, 25, faces federal child abuse and neglect charges in Indian Country after he challenged his state charges on jurisdictional grounds.“

“Since March 2020, Pennington has faced multiple child abuse charges in Rogers County District Court. The state charges could be in jeopardy now, though, since Pennington sought to have them dismissed based on a jurisdictional challenge.”

“State and federal courts have ruled since July that Oklahoma did not have jurisdiction to prosecute American Indians when they are involved in major crimes within the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee or Seminole nations’ historic reservation boundaries.”

“Pennington is a member of Muscogee Nation, and the crimes are alleged to have occurred within the boundaries of the Cherokee reservation.“

FBI: Oklahoma man used dog shock collar, cage to punish 3-year while teaching alphabet

Checking in… read up about this case in the beginning & just couldn’t stomach the details on this one, so bowed out. But have not forgotten justice- glad it’s coming soon. I hope this poor child is with someone who can fade away the trauma of all this. Horrific.:(

“Gustus Andrew Glen Pennington, 25, faces federal child abuse and neglect charges in Indian Country after he challenged his state charges on jurisdictional grounds.“

“Since March 2020, Pennington has faced multiple child abuse charges in Rogers County District Court. The state charges could be in jeopardy now, though, since Pennington sought to have them dismissed based on a jurisdictional challenge.”

“State and federal courts have ruled since July that Oklahoma did not have jurisdiction to prosecute American Indians when they are involved in major crimes within the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee or Seminole nations’ historic reservation boundaries.”

“Pennington is a member of Muscogee Nation, and the crimes are alleged to have occurred within the boundaries of the Cherokee reservation.“

FBI: Oklahoma man used dog shock collar, cage to punish 3-year while teaching alphabet
OMG- did I speak too soon? I thought justice was right around the corner & a slam dunk.:mad:

OMG- did I speak too soon? I thought justice was right around the corner & a slam dunk.:mad:
I think it’s still just a matter of time, based on the video evidence conviction is a slam dunk, no matter who has jurisdiction. jmo.
I just hope the sentences equal the severity of the crime because so often when it comes to abuse of children, they don’t. jmo

The state site has an update. It sounds like the McGirt part has not been decided:

Friday, June 11, 2021 at 9:30 AM
PRELIMINARY HEARING (McGirt)*(PLH) Pennington, Gustus Andrew Glen CF Docket A

05-20-2021 B - Pennington, Gustus Andrew Glen 9733102 May 21 2021 9:04:49:880AM - $ 0.00
BRIEF ON DEFENDANT'S INDIAN STATUS
document.gif
Pursuant to 12 O.S. � 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
05-21-2021 CTFREE - Pennington, Gustus Andrew Glen 9735322 May 21 2021 3:01:04:897PM - $ 0.00
STEIDLEY; ST BY STRAIN; DFT PRESENT VIA TEAMS FROM RCJ; ATTY HENSON

Thank you for this! :)

And thank you @everybodhi for the article you posted.
Now wondering if Wilson will also be tried in Federal court? Does she belong to an Indian tribe?

I dont understand this issue with American Indians - arent they the citizens of the USA? Arent they to be judged as any other citizen of the country? I am from Europe and this is novelty to me.

I dont understand this issue with American Indians - arent they the citizens of the USA? Arent they to be judged as any other citizen of the country? I am from Europe and this is novelty to me.
Yes and no, it’s complicated.
Native American tribes have sovereignty and a right to self rule and self determination due to the the fact they pre existed before colonialism, with their own cultural, linguistic and social features.
This has been upheld by our courts with respect to treaties signed in the 1800’s after indigenous Americans were massacred and driven into reservations.

What a New Supreme Court Decision Means for Native American Sovereignty | Smart News | Smithsonian Magazine

“On the far end of the Trail of Tears was a promise,” he wrote. “Forced to leave their ancestral lands in Georgia and Alabama, the Creek Nation received assurances that their new lands in the West would be secure forever. … Today we are asked whether the land these treaties promised remains an Indian reservation for purposes of federal criminal law. Because Congress has not said otherwise, we hold the government to its word.”

“The ruling in McGirt has far-reaching implications for the state’s criminal justice system. Most notably, it ensures that tribal members who commit major crimes will receive trials in federal court. Native Americans accused of less serious crimes on reservation land will be tried in tribal courts”

Last edited:
Wednesday, May 26th
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 9am CT) - OK – 3 yr. old (Jan. 27, 2020: beaten w/belt, strapped to table & forced to wear shock collar for a week, Collinsville) – Only for Jeannette Lee Wilson (24/now 25) “mom” arrested (3/1/20) & charged (3/11/20) with 5 counts of child abuse or neglect, 1 count of enabling child neglect & 1 count of conspiracy. $2M bond.
Court info from 3/12/20 thru 2/8/21 reference post #143 here:

3/8/21 Update: Wilson: Preliminary hearing (with issues) on 5/26/21.

*Gustus Andrew Glen Pennington (24/now 25) arrested (1/28/20) & charged (2/21/20) with kidnapping, domestic assault & battery with a dangerous weapon, 5 counts of child abuse, 1 count of child neglect, conspiracy, possession of a controlled substance & possession of drug paraphernalia. Held without bond. Court info from 3/12/20 thru 3/29/21 reference post #143 here:

4/9/21 Update: Defendant present with attorney Henson. Defendant's motion to dismiss. Defendant received card after incident; State requests a hearing. Defendant's motion to dismiss set for preliminary (McGirt) hearing on 5/21/21.
5/21/21 Update: Pennington faces federal child abuse & neglect charges in Indian Country after he challenged his state charges on jurisdictional grounds. Since March 2020, Pennington has faced multiple child abuse charges in Rogers County District Court. The state charges could be in jeopardy now, though, since Pennington sought to have them dismissed based on a jurisdictional challenge. State & federal courts have ruled since July that Oklahoma did not have jurisdiction to prosecute American Indians when they are involved in major crimes within the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee or Seminole nations’ historic reservation boundaries. Pennington is a member of Muscogee Nation & the crimes are alleged to have occurred within the boundaries of the Cherokee reservation. Next preliminary (McGirt) hearing on 5/21/21 has been rescheduled to 6/11/21.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami
Back