GUILTY OK - 4 dead, many injured when car crashed into crowd at OSU homecoming parade

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't even know what to say but this lawyer has declared himself wise enough to know both the law and medicine now, so we'll see how it goes for his client. If that is ALL that she's done to demonstrate mental illness, then he must think 80% of the population are also mentally ill.

I think that many members of WS have sleeping problems and anxiety as well. Are we all :nuts: ?

Was Adacia given a breathalyzer at the scene? LE apparently had reason to believe the young woman was intoxicated.

Was Adacia given a breathalyzer at the scene? LE apparently had reason to believe the young woman was intoxicated.

They took her to the hospital for blood tests. Breathalyzer wouldn't work for drugs.

Her lawyer's "evidence" for mental illness: family says she hadn't been sleeping well and had been anxious; Atty says she had no response when told she'd killed 4 people and injured many more.

He's doing what he's supposed to be doing as a defense Atty no doubt, but so far that's an awfully thin ( non existent) basis to claim mental illness.

I think he's just doing whatever he can with what he's got. I'm not a lawyer, but if I were her I'd prefer mine to keep his mouth shut until he knows more. Maybe he's showing his hand to test it before he moves ahead?

Sorry that I can't do links from my phone. NBC (online) has article with quotes from her lawyer. She also had been acting UNCERTAIN, in addition to anxious and not sleeping well.

Her lawyer said:

A. She might have an "undiagnosed" mental illness.

B. He understands from her father that she was hospitalized 2 years ago and there might have been an "evaluation" done at that time.

Hmm. Leaving every possible door open or what?

Uncertain? Well that proves it right then and there.

Sorry that I can't do links from my phone. NBC (online) has article with quotes from her lawyer. She also had been acting UNCERTAIN, in addition to anxious and not sleeping well.

Her lawyer said:

A. She might have an "undiagnosed" mental illness.

B. He understands from her father that she was hospitalized 2 years ago and there might have been an "evaluation" done at that time.

Hmm. Leaving every possible door open or what?

here is the link:
OSU Parade Crash Suspect's Lawyer Says She May Be Mentally Ill - NBC News
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...pects-lawyer-says-she-may-be-mentally-n451246

This is what I feared I'd do after I was prescribed seroxat (paroxetine), and in the weeks after coming off it.
It messed my mind up so much.
Coming off them was the worst, thinking I would kill someone or myself, jumping out a window or off a balcony.
The only thing I could do was go to bed and pull my blankets over my head, count backwards until I fell asleep and force myself to stay in my bed.
My mental health declined badly after being offered, and I accepted, these "happy pills" by my dr.

If this woman has no mental health issues and has never been on these meds there is no excuse.
Was she drunk?

This story brings up bad things in my life, things I could have been responsible for due to that crap I was given.
There is no excuse for her regardless, even if she was on the same meds I was, she didn't go hide under her blankets.

Rest in peace poor, innocent people, fly with the angels little baby.

They took her to the hospital for blood tests. Breathalyzer wouldn't work for drugs.

Right, but hospital personnel did not order a psych eval or 72-hour mandatory stay. Despite her attorney's "diagnosis", medical experts didn't consider Adacia to be mentally ill. I'd still like to know whether or not AC was given a breathalyzer since LE claimed she was intoxicated, and she was charged with DUI.

If anyone finds a live stream link, please share. I'll keep CNN on in case they carry the video arraignment, but so far today, they're mostly focusing on politics.

:waitasec: Acting uncertain? WTF does that mean?

AC might have had an "evaluation" when she was hospitalized two years ago. Why was she in the hospital? Was there a mental health diagnosis? Was she ever on medication? So much speculation by her attorney who seems to be throwing stuff out there to see what sticks.

Adacia isn't currently a student at OSU, but had she been previously? Did she graduate? There doesn't seem to be a lot of information about the young woman.

Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 24 - Homicide
Section 701.8 - Second Degree Murder

Homicide is murder in the second degree in the following cases:

1. When perpetrated by an act imminently dangerous to another person and evincing a depraved mind, regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual; or

2. When perpetrated by a person engaged in the commission of any felony other than the unlawful acts set out in Section 1, subsection B, of this act.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/OCISWeb/deliverdocument.asp?citeID=69298

Right, but hospital personnel did not order a psych eval or 72-hour mandatory stay. Despite her attorney's "diagnosis", medical experts didn't consider Adacia to be mentally ill. I'd still like to know whether or not AC was given a breathalyzer since LE claimed she was intoxicated, and she was charged with DUI.

If anyone finds a live stream link, please share. I'll keep CNN on in case they carry the video arraignment, but so far today, they're mostly focusing on politics.
Maybe I am not understanding the post correctly...

But DUI means driving under the influence...

this could be alcohol and/or drugs...

A Breathalyzer indicates levels of alcohol... But not drugs...which would be tested by urine/blood...

but then again... If there was no indication of alcohol from a breathalyzer... Then how could the charges stem from under the influence prior to urine/blood tests...

:dunno:

^ Original reports following the incident - LE claims the young woman appeared to be intoxicated. I just want to know if she was given a breathalyzer or did officers at scene smell alcohol? Did they ask her to walk a toe-to-toe straight line? Was there alcohol in her vehicle?

CNN going to OK story next.

^ Original reports following the incident - LE claims the young woman appeared to be intoxicated. I just want to know if she was given a breathalyzer or did officers at scene smell alcohol? Did they ask her to walk a toe-to-toe straight line? Was there alcohol in her vehicle?

CNN going to OK story next.

From what is being said, LE doesn't think she was drunk, they thing she was under the influence of drugs.
Breathalyzer would be useless to detect drugs. DUI doesn't necessarily mean influence of alcohol. It could be drugs, either legal or illegal.

From what is being said, LE doesn't think she was drunk, they thing she was under the influence of drugs.
Breathalyzer would be useless to detect drugs. DUI doesn't necessarily mean influence of alcohol. It could be drugs, either legal or illegal.

Why did they think she was under the influence of drugs? What evidence did they have or get? It has to be more than just "She appeared all messed up on drugs."

Why did they think she was under the influence of drugs? What evidence did they have or get? It has to be more than just "She appeared all messed up on drugs."

Her own attorney said she had no response to being told she'd killed 4 people. If they didn't think she'd been drinking and she clearly didn't exhibit psych symptoms (they didn't put her under observation) then drugs would be a logical guess.

She supposedly went 3 days without sleeping. Even if that's true any remotely normal person would have been wide awake and distraught (bare minimum) upon being told they'd caused so much destruction and death.

Her own attorney said she had no response to being told she'd killed 4 people. If they didn't think she'd been drinking and she clearly didn't exhibit psych symptoms (they didn't put her under observation) then drugs would be a logical guess.

She supposedly went 3 days without sleeping. Even if that's true any remotely normal person would have been wide awake and distraught (bare minimum) upon being told they'd caused so much destruction and death.

BBM. Where did you read this?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld