Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Ares Muse missing

Muscogee Nation Lighthorse Police are asking the public for help as they try to find a toddler reported missing from his Okemah-area home early Monday.

A photo was shared on social media of 2-year-old Ares Muse.
Those with information are asked to call Lighthorse Police, 918-732-7800.

A two-year-old child has been reported missing near Okemah, according to the Muscogee Nation.

Ares Muse went missing from his home sometime Monday morning and Muscogee Nation Lighthorse Police are searching the area.

Muscogee Nation put a notice out on Facebook around 9:30 a.m. saying Ares Muse went missing from his home in the Okemah area. Police are looking for help finding him.

Lighthorse Deputy Chief of Police Daniel Wind told 2 News Oklahoma that the boy was in bed with his parents around 1:30 a.m. but when the father woke up around 6:30 a.m. the boy and the family dog were gone and their front door was open. He was last seen wearing black pajamas with dinosaurs on them.

*An Ashanti Alert has been issued for 2-year-old Ares Muse by the Creek Nation.

He was last seen wearing black footie pajamas with orange and green dinosaurs.

*I’m scared. My eyes are watering. Quick, pray for a miracle. ❤️

*An Ashanti Alert has been issued for 2-year-old Ares Muse by the Creek Nation.

He was last seen wearing black footie pajamas with orange and green dinosaurs.

*I’m scared. My eyes are watering. Quick, pray for a miracle. ❤️

I thought Ashanti Alerts were for those over age 17? Regardless, I am glad that some kind of alert was made.

JMO

I thought Ashanti Alerts were for those over age 17? Regardless, I am glad that some kind of alert was made.

JMO
Me too…
Alerts may be issued when an adult between the ages of 18 and 64 has been identified as a missing individual and has a proven mental or physical disability, or is missing under circumstances that indicate the person may be in danger, or that the adult's disappearance may not have been voluntary (abduction or kidnapping).

According to Jim Parish with the Dept. Of Public Safety, Ares crawled into bed with his parents around 1:30 a.m. but when the father woke up at 6:30 a.m., he noticed the boy was not in bed and wasn't inside the home. The father told DPS that the child was able to get past three locking mechanisms prior to opening an exterior door. bbm

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol issued an "Ashanti Alert" for Ares Monday afternoon as this does not yet meet the criteria of an Amber Alert.

Several law enforcement agencies are conducting a grid search for Ares. Authorities have not said where exactly the search is.

Last edited:
A 2-year-old got past 3 locking mechanisms in the middle of the night. I think he is the kind of kid who could get far, and they are going to need to search a very large grid. I hope they bring in multiple agencies just to search.

I remember the case of the 3-year-old caught on camera leaving his house in the middle of the night, so it happens. Hopefully this little cutie is somewhere cuddling the dog.

Also he is already on NamUs. This LE is working quickly.
View attachment 365829
Photo of Ares from NamUs
*Adorable*

OHP officials say via email there are numerous agencies on scene assisting with a search for Muse including; Choctaw Nation, Chickasaw Nation, Creek Nation, DOC blood hounds, Tribal K9′s, Okfuskee County Emergency Management, Seminole County Emergency Management, Okmulgee County Emergency Management, District 22 DA office, FBI and State Troopers.

Investigators say, at this time, they do not believe this to be an abduction.

I've worked pretty hard to get an idea of exactly where this happened, and I give up. Don't know why LE isn't giving out that info.

Also, I can't find any description of the dog, which you'd think would be a huge clue in what happened to this dear child.

That seems to be a local newspaper so hopefully it is allowed. If you look down to the initial post about him there is people who have spotted where the search efforts have began.

Jason Salsman, press secretary with Muscogee Creek Nation, said authorities are using everything from K9s to drones in the search for the boy, and they don't plan to stop until he's found.

"We're just going to look until we find him, whenever that will be, hopefully, sooner rather than later. Hopefully, we don't get into a situation where it gets dark on us," Salsman said.

Salsman said there are about 20 different law enforcement agencies assisting in the search.

At this time investigators do not believe this to be an abduction. The Oklahoma Highway Patrol initially issued an "Ashanti Alert" for Ares on Monday but DPS said that was an error. An Endangered Missing Advisory (EMA) was issued just after 3 p.m. bbm

Is it normal for a two-year-old to be able to get past three locks, open the door and then open a separate exterior door? Are two year olds typically tall enough to reach the locks and then unlock them all and know to turn the door knob after that? I apologize if this is a dumb question. I don’t have kids and know very little about them. Thanks!

ETA: not trying to cast a shadow of doubt on the story. Just genuinely curious.

Is it normal for a two-year-old to be able to get past three locks, open the door and then open a separate exterior door? Are two year olds typically tall enough to reach the locks and then unlock them all and know to turn the door knob after that? I apologize if this is a dumb question. I don’t have kids and know very little about them. Thanks!

I initially would say that’s not likely, but then I’m reminded of my mischievous nephew (2 1/2) who I babysit - he recently used his toys to create steps to climb onto his train table and damage his playroom tv - all while his mom went to heat up his baby brothers bottle. I think there are some two year olds who might be completely able to do just about anything.
I really wish more info on the dog was released. I remember a missing girl in Kentucky or Tennessee a few years ago who was missing with her families pet and I think that is what led to her being found.

I work with children under 3 in healthcare, and it would be unusual. However, there are definitely 2-year-olds that can unlock and open doors, sometimes even dragging a chair over to do it. Many are tall enough, on their tiptoes. The fact that the family had 3 “locking mechanisms” sounds pretty unusual to me, but it may be because the child already got through 1 or 2 of them. Jmo, I’m not verified as an expert.

I don’t know that it’s normal, but one of my boys was a master escape artist and could get past conventional locks by the time he was around 2yo. We had to install very high slide locks (and a couple of other systems) to be sure he couldn’t open doors without an adult. The fact that they had 3 locks makes me think maybe little Ares is also a little Houdini and maybe they’ve tried to put the same safeguards in place. My heart breaks for his family, I can’t imagine their fear.

Last edited:
I don’t know that it’s normal, but one of my boys was a master escape artist and could get past conventional locks around by the time he was around 2yo. We had to install very high slide locks (and a couple of other systems) to be sure he couldn’t open doors without an adult. The fact that they had 3 locks makes me think maybe little Ares is also a little Houdini and maybe they’ve tried to put the same safeguards in place. My heart breaks for his family, I can’t imagine their fear.
I work with children under 3 in healthcare, and it would be unusual. However, there are definitely 2-year-olds that can unlock and open doors, sometimes even dragging a chair over to do it. Many are tall enough, on their tiptoes. The fact that the family had 3 “locking mechanisms” sounds pretty unusual to me, but it may be because the child already got through 1 or 2 of them. Jmo, I’m not verified as an expert.
I initially would say that’s not likely, but then I’m reminded of my mischievous nephew (2 1/2) who I babysit - he recently used his toys to create steps to climb onto his train table and damage his playroom tv - all while his mom went to heat up his baby brothers bottle. I think there are some two year olds who might be completely able to do just about anything.
I really wish more info on the dog was released. I remember a missing girl in Kentucky or Tennessee a few years ago who was missing with her families pet and I think that is what led to her being found.
Thanks so much for your input!!! Children are so smart, they never cease to amaze me!! I hope this little magician turns up safe soon. I also wish they’d release more info about the dog. Fingers crossed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125
Back