Found Deceased Ok - Ares Muse, 2, Okemah, 12 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it normal for a two-year-old to be able to get past three locks, open the door and then open a separate exterior door? Are two year olds typically tall enough to reach the locks and then unlock them all and know to turn the door knob after that? I apologize if this is a dumb question. I don’t have kids and know very little about them. Thanks!

ETA: not trying to cast a shadow of doubt on the story. Just genuinely curious.
Three locks were on the bedroom door, not the door going outside?

“We are utilizing our resources to help search for this missing child. He was last seen in the area of Highway 56 and East 1100 Road in Okfuskee County.” —OHP
Okemah, Oklahoma is about 2 1/2 hours SW of Joplin area.

Three locks were on the bedroom door, not the door going outside?
Where did you read that? I was thinking there were three locks on the door and then Muse went out the exterior door, like a screen door. My front and back entrances to my home both have two doors. A heavy wooden door that has a lock and a deadbolt, and then an exterior screen door.

They say they believe he was able to unlock three separate locking mechanisms prior to opening an exterior door.
could this mean he unlocked in the inside main door ( 2 locks) and then a screen door?
I'm still reading

I'm semi local. Okemah is located about an hour East of Oklahoma City. I haven't been there personally but imagine it's like many smaller towns in this area. Lots of land around to search and all of it growing quite tall now unless property owners are keeping it down to avoid fires etc. This could be rough search terrain. Feeling hopeful about the dog being with this sweet wild child. I get all kinds of alerts in OK for children who are missing who turn up to be with one parent or the other but haven't heard not one word about this little guy. Keeping him and all who are looking for him in my prayers. ETA: Weather has thankfully cooled some today in Oklahoma and hopefully much less dangerous to a missing boy.

Is it normal for a two-year-old to be able to get past three locks, open the door and then open a separate exterior door? Are two year olds typically tall enough to reach the locks and then unlock them all and know to turn the door knob after that? I apologize if this is a dumb question. I don’t have kids and know very little about them. Thanks!

ETA: not trying to cast a shadow of doubt on the story. Just genuinely curious.
I think this is where the confusion came from. I think it was misread, including me. So bottom line is we don't know where those locks were located. There could have been 1 or 2 on a back door and he couldn't get out so went to the front kind of thing.

On a side note: My son at 2 unlocked my back door ( key lock and a turn bolt kind above the handle) walked out, went to my sisters next door and my sister called me. ( I was in the bathroom UGH and my husband was in the house). Anyway, the next day we got a latch lock for the top of the door and after a few sleepless weeks I settled down. These kids are capable of more then we think. IMO

Awe man. I hate it when these littles are missing! Never underestimate the determination of a toddler, IMO.

I’m hoping he’s staying with his doggy and holed up safe somewhere until help arrives. It’s going to be dark soon. I hope they can find him tonight. Do we know if there is water in the area?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125
Back