OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we know if the 4 kids were only biologically belonging to I?

There is going to be so much more information, I am having a hard time being patient. I want to know how and why those children were in that home... and how we can fight for changes to make this not happen again. Being in AZ this reminds me of Jhessye Shockley. The grandmother had legal custody but let the mother she was taken away from have her back. And I always felt that Grandma should have charges. Now if these girls were in the legal custody of someone else and abuse and neglect was known of these caretakers prior (hard to believe they would not be on someone's radar) more people should be held accountable... IMO

Got an alert for Athena Strand, but Athena Brownfield was the subject of the article. So searched & found this thread...

So sorry to hear that Athena has been found unfortunately dead... :( Will be following this case - until Athena gets justice!

I have tried to find Caddo County court site, but am not having any luck. Does anyone reading here have access or a link - to see if I can access it?

TIA! :)

and any news on the next court dates for Alysa, maybe? is Ivon still in AZ?

With no pediatric (nor dental) records for Athena, DNA testing would be the only way to positively identify her.

Also, I hope LE gets to the truth of the abuse and murder of this little one... evidence beyond he said/she said.

With no pediatric (nor dental) records for Athena, DNA testing would be the only way to positively identify her.

Also, I hope LE gets to the truth of the abuse and murder of this little one... evidence beyond he said/she said.
RBBM - I agree completely.

I'm heartbroken for Athena and her sister -- who was literally abandoned by these abusers. I know we all want justice for Athena, but her sister also needs justice. :mad::mad:

Got an alert for Athena Strand, but Athena Brownfield was the subject of the article. So searched & found this thread...

So sorry to hear that Athena has been found unfortunately dead... :( Will be following this case - until Athena gets justice!

I have tried to find Caddo County court site, but am not having any luck. Does anyone reading here have access or a link - to see if I can access it?

TIA! :)

and any news on the next court dates for Alysa, maybe? is Ivon still in AZ?

There is going to be so much more information, I am having a hard time being patient. I want to know how and why those children were in that home... and how we can fight for changes to make this not happen again. Being in AZ this reminds me of Jhessye Shockley. The grandmother had legal custody but let the mother she was taken away from have her back. And I always felt that Grandma should have charges. Now if these girls were in the legal custody of someone else and abuse and neglect was known of these caretakers prior (hard to believe they would not be on someone's radar) more people should be held accountable... IMO
It’s hard to fight for changes when these kind of arrangements for children are made privately with no legal agreements.
I wonder did the girls not receive WIC or any help from the state? (Sorry if this has been answered)
Have they ever been in the system? Have they ever been to any Dr.?

Noticed that on 1/10 when Athena's sister was found wandering that AA, when notified, asked the police where Athena was. She was obviously using what she thought was a good opportunity to protect her husband and cover up Athena’s murder

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed that on 1/10 when Athena's sister was found wandering that AA, when notified, asked the police where Athena was. She was obviously using what she thought was a good opportunity to protect her husband and cover up Athena’s murder
Or cover herself. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the obvious, what’s really sick is to view AA’s Instagram. Oh, she portrays herself as so forthright. And there is zero evidence on her account that these two little girls were present in her life. And sadly, they barely were!

I pray there is wisdom in finding a permanent, safe, and loving home for the 5 year old. And that she never again has to tell a stranger that she is tired of being alone.

Disturbing posts to social media that include selfies, motivational quotes were posted to their social media accounts days after investigators believe Athena was murdered.
Just three days after her murder, Dec. 29, Alysia took to her Instagram to show off her manicure.

On Dec. 30, she posted her photo at a hair salon, ahead of her husband's work party where they are both seen smiling for the camera. Also from that night, a picture showed Adams posed for a silly picture atop a buffalo statue.

Then on New Year’s Eve, Alysia shared a quote that read "I love New Year’s...this feeling of starting over again."

On Jan. 1, in another posted picture, Alysia wrote “2022 was a hell of a year so ready to make 2023 mine."

On Jan. 3, she said, "One thing I realized is that everything always ends up working out. "

Then on Jan. 6, the day investigators believed Athena's sister had been left alone, Alysia posted pictures taken on a date with a new boyfriend that read "best night with the man of dreams."

She went on and said, "Can't wait to build the best life with you."

Pardon me while I go and barf. How dare they!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back