Found Deceased OK - Caitlyn Rose Case, 33, Traveling from Louisiana to Colorado, vehicle abandoned in Fort Towson, 5 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wild hogs’ who turn her pants inside out and place them and tennis shoes back in the truck?

Right? And regardless, that’s the kind of theory you just keep your <modsnip> piehole shut about unless you have irrefutable evidence.

Even they did have that evidence (which they don’t), I might suggest finding a kinder way of presenting it to a victim’s parent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, from the transcript, her father says:

From what her father says, they’ve gotten little to no help from Paris PD, Lamar county Sheriff, or OSBI. OSBI suggested to Peggy Case that maybe Caitlyn got out of the vehicle and was ‘torn apart and eaten’ by wild hogs.
Yep, can you imagine someone saying that to a mom of a missing daughter ??? That's horrible

1696416348683.jpeg
USPA Nationwide Security is thrilled to announce that Brian Fitzgibbons, an exceptional missing persons investigator hailing from their esteemed Kingsman Division, recently made a captivating appearance on the renowned television show Crime Stories with Nancy Grace. Fitzgibbons took the opportunity to unveil the crucial timeline surrounding the perplexing disappearance of Caitlyn Case, shedding new light on the case and captivating audiences with his expert analysis.

The disappearance of Caitlyn Case has gripped the nation, and USPA Nationwide Security has been at the forefront, working tirelessly alongside local authorities and Caitlyn's family to unravel the mystery. As part of their unwavering commitment to public safety, USPA investigators, including Fitzgibbons, have been actively engaged in the search efforts, utilizing their extensive expertise and state-of-the-art resources.

For more information on the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Caitlyn Case or to access Brian Fitzgibbons' revealed timeline, please contact the USPA Nationwide Security media relations team.

Albina Beici
USPA Nationwide Security
+1 800-214-1448
albina@uspasecurity.com

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation confirmed it recovered human remains Friday on private property in Fort Towson. However, the remains were sent to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for further examination and identification.

Case's mother Peggy says she was notified by the lead agent that a landowner found remains in close proximity to where Caitlyn’s vehicle was disposed of in 2022.

So if the Harringtons had allowed the search last year, she likely would have been found then. I’m curious to know whether they eventually allowed it, or if LE had to get a warrant to compel it, and if so, why it took so long.

From the article TwinkieDefense posted:

“The OSBI, along with the Choctaw County Sheriff's Office, Hugo Police Department, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, and the Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office responded to the area after a landowner discovered the remains.”

Possibly some other nearby landowner found the remains? I suppose it would make sense to ditch the car away from the body.

“To get that phone call out of nowhere from the lead investigator who has not spoken to us for nearly a year, we thought he must have a reason to believe it is her,” said Peggy [Case].”

Just incredible, and other things better left unsaid!

I do wonder how OSBI was so certain that Caitlyn wasn’t driving her car when it hit Oklahoma, as they reported very early on. Surely it would’ve been too dark for any traffic cams to ‘see’ who was driving?

Also curious why Texas seems to have zero involvement, considering she was last heard from there. If OSBI didn’t think she drove into OK, wouldn’t that imply something nefarious happened in Texas?

1697747971447.jpeg
Caitlyn's mother, Peggy, told CBS affiliate KWTV-TV that she was informed about the human remains by the case's lead agent and was concerned that they belonged to her daughter. “We’ve been in limbo forever, was she trafficked?” she said. “Or is she still out there? We don’t know where she is – it is a horrible balance to live through every day,” Peggy explained ”Each day, it is where could she be?”

Gordon Case, the missing woman’s father, told the outlet that he believes "someone did this to her." He said, "She didn't just dump her car into a river and then get out and walk off."

He also added that Caitlyn lost her cell phone service while driving through Texas on Aug. 5., recalling that she needed directions. He told KWTV: "You're talking to someone that you love, and you know, all of a sudden they're gone," he said.
*Caitlyn ’s disappearance has really bothered me. Her parents seem so strong but you can hear their muffled cries in-between the lines,

From what I've read the body wasn't found on the same property her vehicle was found or on property otherwise owned by them.

Now, I respect this is a very rural area, but wouldn't adjacent land owners, LE, heck..curious true crimers (lol) have checked the surrounding properties?

It seems like that effort would have been utilized from the get-go, but on the other hand...OK didn't even search where the literal vehicle was found thoroughly so I guess I'm reaching for the stars over here.

I haven't seen anything stating the sex, level of decomposition, or anything so this could go either way. Could be her and she was left more recently, been there all along, not her at all, the wait is driving me crazy!

I want so badly for her to be alive but I sadly don't believe she is and with that being said I just want the family to have some sort of comfort having their baby girl home. She belongs to them and with them, not somewhere in TX or OK.

Sorry for all the rambling. I've been watching this case really close and a little too emotionally attached. See a little of me in her. I'm an automotive tech, spent many trips traveling from ME to FL to purchase vehicles with no rust, driving back alone, starting at 16...I coulda been just as vulnerable and it sits with me, more than I'd care to admit to anyone but y'all.

- Sami

Dec 6, 2023

Skeletal remains discovered near the Kiamichi River in Fort Towson, Okla. have been positively identified as Caitlyn Case, according to her parents.

Gordon and Peggy Case told News 9's Lisa Monahan that the Oklahoma state medical examiner made the identification using Caitlyn’s dental records. Those records were compared to the skull, found along with incomplete and scattered skeletal remains in October.

The medical examiner will now determine Caitlyn’s manner and cause of death.

News 9 has been investigating Caitlyn's disappearance for nine months. Her case is the focus of an upcoming special report in our Deadline series.

*Oh, how sad. I‘d been rooting for you to be safely found dear Caitlyn.
A Choctaw County landowner discovered the skeletal remains in October 2023. The remains were located on the opposite side of the Kiamichi River where authorities, led by Caitlyn's father, Gordon, discovered Caitlyn's crashed SUV in 2022. At that time, the OSBI said it appeared someone was trying to hide the vehicle. State and local investigators have given conflicting statements as to whether they thoroughly searched the area where Caitlyn's remains were later discovered. One law enforcement official told News 9 they searched the area, including the banks of the river, extensively in 2022. That official said no footprints were seen on the riverbank.

*I’m still sick about this discovery. She was so pretty and looked really sweet.
1701961801239.jpeg
The partial remains, including a skull, were found in October by a Choctaw County landowner on the opposite side of the river from where Case’s crashed SUV was found. A law enforcement official said they’d searched both sides of the river in 2022 and hadn’t even found footprints on the riverbank.

The Case family released a statement Wednesday night saying they were “devastated” at the news.

“We will remain vigilant. We will pursue the truth and justice for Caitlyn,” the statement said. “We are grateful for each and every one of you that have been with our family on this journey. We pray for patience, strength, your prayers and continued support.”

‘We will not let those involved get away with this,” Gordan Case said. “I promised my daughter that they all will be brought out into the light and justice will be served.”

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
not directly from LE. The family was the one who found the car (using Find My Phone, her cell phone was inside), with a non-profit organization helping to extract/recover the car. They also had to ask the property owner permission to search, which was granted but later rescinded. They have been critical of LE. A direct quote from the FindCaitlyn website:

Hugo Police Department Detectives nor OSBI DID NOT SECURE THE PROPERTY OR TREAT IT AS A CRIME SCENE ON AUGUST 12 2022.

source: #FindCaitlyn – IT TAKES A VILLAGE…LET’S BRING CAITLYN ROSE CASE HOME

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay