OK OK - Clinton, WhtMale 16-20, UP2991, poss from St Louis, promise ring, paper w/writing, Jun'72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wish we could see the note so we could figure out what it says. According to Namus: "Mallinckrodt industry in Saint Louis has been contacted. They have no records that match this individual."

Agree, I'd like to see that mimeographed list. This was the '70's. Were there organized protests of the chemical company?

Just wondering -- was Mallinckrodt contacted in June of 1972 -- or in January of 2009?

1972 was prior to most computerized record keeping. 2009 is likely long past records retention.

That numbered "St. Louis" county stamp is interesting as well -- what in the world does that indicate? Is this why it is stated that this person was held in jail?

Could this be relevant?

Price Cuts Ordered (Published 1972)

WASHINGTON, June 6 (UPI) —The Price Commission today ordered three companies to reduce prices. The commission accused the Pittston Company, a New York‐based coal concern, and. Mallinckrodt Chemical Works of St. Louis of violating profit margin guidelines.

jmho ymmv lrr

Screenshot 2021-03-02 141635.jpg

On June 26, 1972 the remains of a white male were found near an overpass in Clinton. It is believed that the man was either a pedestrian or hitchhiker and was likely hit by a car. He is estimated to have been 16 to 20 years old, 5 foot 8 inches tall with around shoulder length brown hair. It is also believed he was traveling from St. Louis.
NamUs #UP2991

Wonder why this ring is considered a promise ring? Too bad there isn't a picture available, along with a picture of the tax stamp & of the mimeographed page.

Someone must have missed him....

jmho ymmv lrr

Agree, I'd like to see that mimeographed list. This was the '70's. Were there organized protests of the chemical company?

Just wondering -- was Mallinckrodt contacted in June of 1972 -- or in January of 2009?

1972 was prior to most computerized record keeping. 2009 is likely long past records retention.

That numbered "St. Louis" county stamp is interesting as well -- what in the world does that indicate? Is this why it is stated that this person was held in jail?

Could this be relevant?

Price Cuts Ordered (Published 1972)

WASHINGTON, June 6 (UPI) —The Price Commission today ordered three companies to reduce prices. The commission accused the Pittston Company, a New York‐based coal concern, and. Mallinckrodt Chemical Works of St. Louis of violating profit margin guidelines.

jmho ymmv lrr

If Mallinckrodt was one of other companies on the list, it could have been a list of job openings. Back then, if you went to the state unemployment office, they would interview you, then give you a list of companies that had job openings for your skills. The job info was probably hand copied by the UE clerk onto a paper. Mallinckrodt was a big employer in the St Louis area.

He could have been unemployed, without a place to live, trying to find a job, got tossed into jail then decided to hitch out of town to see if he could find better prospects in OK. He may have come from a broken home, with siblings also out on their own, not keeping track of each other. Poor guy, it sounds like he just had a terrible accident and lost his life.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the NamUs exclusion list for this John Doe?

5 Missing Person Exclusions

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP56768Ralph Miller
Date of Last ContactSeptember 19, 1970
StateFL
CountyPolk

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP19678Peter Bonick
Date of Last ContactFebruary 22, 1970
StateCA
CountySan Mateo

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP23570Warren Niederfringer
Date of Last ContactJune 01, 1972
StateCT
CountyHartford

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #Charles Edward Propst
Date of Last Contact--
StateMO
County--

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #Harold Dewayne Costello
Date of Last Contact--
StateOK
County--

I wonder if this could be Lester Petry. I am thinking probably not, he went missing the year before from University of Minnesota
1681320210283.png1681320266675.png
Lester
Missing Age 18 Years
Height 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight 120 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact April 18, 1971
Location Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown

John Doe
Estimated Age Range (Years)16-20
Height 5' 8"(68 inches) , Estimated

Weight140 lbs, Estimated
Date Body Found June 26, 1972
Location Clinton, Oklahoma 73601
Hair Color Brown
Eye Description Hazel

I wonder if this could be Lester Petry. I am thinking probably not, he went missing the year before from University of Minnesota
View attachment 414298View attachment 414300
Lester
Missing Age 18 Years
Height 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight 120 lbs
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown

John Doe

Weight140 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color Brown
Eye Description Hazel
Lester Petry thread:

View attachment 414298View attachment 414300
Lester
Missing Age 18 Years
Height 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight 120 lbs
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown

John Doe

Weight140 lbs, Estimated
Hair Color Brown
Eye Description Hazel
I just sent an email over to the Oklahoma office of the Chief Medical Examiner. They are listed as a contact on the John Doe's NamUs page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back