OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the timeline we've got as of now.

Sat...5/18...................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Sun...5/19..................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Mon..5/20..................Muskogee –Skiatook -- Del City ^
...................2:56pm...Moore tornado, 7 miles from Del City
Tue...5/21..................OKC-NYC*
Wed..5/22..................NYC*
Thu...5/23..................NYC*
Fri.....5/24..................NYC*
Sat...5/25...?..............NYC*
Sun...5/26...?.............Arrives at OKC airport
...................9:37pm...At Job Corps in Guthrie, OK, dropping off brother

Wed..5/29.................Missing person report filed with Guthrie LE by dad and stepmom

Fri....5/31..................NAMUS entry created for Daryn

Mon..6/3....am..........Car spotted
Hood River County, OR, on I-35 near the head of ZigZag trail.*

Thu...6/6.....?.............Car identified as Daryn's by LE

^ means fb info from JJ
Thankya Dahlink! :seeya:

Some interesting news about Cat Crew progress:

Although we haven't found Gypsy yet, people are being very responsive and kind. One lady gave me some important information to file in our sleuthing pockets should we ever again have a case that involves a missing animal:

Seems that lots of people just drop off their pets at boaders/shelters/hospitals and give those facilities fake name and contact information, having no intention of ever returning for the pet.

Because of this, Cat Crew is following up the telephone call with an email briefly recapping the situation, what info we need, and two of Daryn's flyers plus the photo of his distinctive hand. We also include "blind" contact information so that if anyone on staff recognizes Daryn, they can contact us.

Sure would be nice if we could include a photo of Gypsy with the emails too. Did no one take a picture of this poor cat??!!! Someone has a picture of her, I know it. Poor Gypsy.

She submitted the info to NaMus it might take them a little bit to post the new info.

*****GYPSY UPDATE*****

Efforts underway to locate Gypsy by calling boarders and shelters in an effort to ascertain if, when and with what instructions Daryn left her there. Portabella is Cat Crew Captain. I am her humble foot soldier. For reference purposes:

OK OK - Daryn Collie, Mid-30s, Guthrie, 26 May 2013 - Page 23 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:)

I am willing and able to help with calls, emails and faxes to locate Gypsy, the cat, for clues. I don't know where to start, though ... female? Not spade? That's it? No idea if she(?) is a short or long haired ... Age? Color? Pic? Acquired when and how? From whom? Just let me know when and how ... :seeya:

Some interesting news about Cat Crew progress:

Although we haven't found Gypsy yet, people are being very responsive and kind. One lady gave me some important information to file in our sleuthing pockets should we ever again have a case that involves a missing animal:

Seems that lots of people just drop off their pets at boaders/shelters/hospitals and give those facilities fake name and contact information, having no intention of ever returning for the pet.

Because of this, Cat Crew is following up the telephone call with an email briefly recapping the situation, what info we need, and two of Daryn's flyers plus the photo of his distinctive hand. We also include "blind" contact information so that if anyone on staff recognizes Daryn, they can contact us.

Sure would be nice if we could include a photo of Gypsy with the emails too. Did no one take a picture of this poor cat??!!! Someone has a picture of her, I know it. Poor Gypsy.

I can help! Just don't want to duplicate effort. Say where!

She submitted the info to NaMus it might take them a little bit to post the new info.

Wow. The car was identified by LE on Thursday, June 6th as belonging to Daryn. Today is June 11. That's very odd since getting the latest updated information out there is such a huge deal. Sounds like something in the updating process has broken down somewhere? Do the updating wheels turn that slowly really? Scary to think that someone might be missed because NaMus info doesn't get updated quickly.

Anyone ever had to update NaMus information? Does it take that long? I wonder when the updated information was reported to NaMus?

For reference, NaMus updating information FAQ:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/homes/faq

"10. What happens when a case is updated?
Users can log in and check on cases as often as they want and add information. Additional information will be held for verification prior to publishing in order to maintain the highest quality data."

Hmmm. Wonder how long it takes to verify the info? Again, time is of the essence with regard to NaMus information, so one would think they would verify and publish ASAP. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow to find out the usual time between updated information submission and publication for future reference. Think I'll do that. Might come in handy, yes, ya'll?

Wow. The car was identified by LE on Thursday, June 6th as belonging to Daryn. Today is June 11. That's very odd since getting the latest updated information out there is such a huge deal. Sounds like something in the updating process has broken down somewhere? Do the updating wheels turn that slowly really? Scary to think that someone might be missed because NaMus info doesn't get updated quickly.

Anyone ever had to update NaMus information? Does it take that long? I wonder when the updated information was reported to NaMus?

I contacted NamUS about another case and less than 24 hours later I got a response back. It wasn't to update info though, but for them to pass along some info for a UID case, and I thought that was rather quick, but not as quick as the Kentucky State Police. I sent info about a UID case, and in Five Minutes I got a Thank You back!!!! :)

Just spoke with JJ. She gave me some additional Info. Daryn's Fursona (furry character) was a tiger and his name within the Furry Community was Pulse. I hope this gives everyone a little more info to go on.

Hey Daryn- if you are reading this- well you don't know us WS'ers. But we want to see that you are happy and healthy. If you don't want to go home- that is none of our business! Just give a call to LE and tell them you are okay. Wishing for the best :please:

Just spoke with JJ. She gave me some additional Info. Daryn's Fursona (furry character) was a tiger and his name within the Furry Community was Pulse. I hope this gives everyone a little more info to go on.

So does Daryn have Two Fursona's? Darraby and Pulse?

Gosh I hope that body isn't his. Though I can't help but feel if he is deceased and his body was going to be found, it wouldn't be in Oklahoma...JMO

Gosh I hope that body isn't his. Though I can't help but feel if he is deceased his body was going to be found, it wouldn't be in Oklahoma...JMO

It is interesting how much of a variety of thinkers we have here. :) Which is great because it is lots of sleuthing!
I feel, if his body was going to be found, it would be in Oklahoma.
I hope I am wrong, and I hope he is alive and well, and just needed to get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck