OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone pretty please bring forward the FB link again? I lost it! :facepalm:

This should show where the zigzag trail is (off I26) on hte left of Mt. Hood, and if you look to the right of Mt. Hood you can see where I35 is, which is where we were told it was before I looked for myself:

http://goo.gl/maps/3NC2Q

I may have it wrong, or someone else might've been wrong when supplying the info. It's hard to tell with this case. I sort of don't think it's me/google maps, though (I relied on google to show me where it was)...

Hi all!
I have been following this from day one and wanted to throw in my 2 cents here. I am originally from Oregon and somewhat familiar with the Mt. Hood area.

Zigzag, Oregon is a small area on hwy 26 and I believe that is in Clackamas County not Hood River County.

There is a Zigzag Trailhead is on Hwy. 35 in Hood River County. I have also seen it spelled "Zig Zag"
Here is a hiking site that you can go to and get the google map:
http://www.portlandhikersfieldguide.org/wiki/Zigzag_Trailhead

I'm not sure who first connected him to flurries, but I figured it out by a tshirtt he was wearing in one of his photos on NameUs. It's from a furry convention and most people don't go to furry conventions unless they are part of that lifestyle.

I have an OKCupid account that I set up years ago just for sleuthing. How much of the information from his profile on that account are we allowed to post here?

Here is a link to the picture used in his profile, looks like it was taken a few years ago, his hair is much shorter.

3510717433552594499.jpeg

Hope this is OK to link. If not, mods please remove.

Is anyone else finding themselves questioning whether or not Gypsy the cat even exists...?

And yes I'm questioning the lack of pictorial evidence, wfgodot!

And just about everything else after JJ/Val/M/girlfriend/fiance's whirlwind trip in and out of WS...

I have an OKCupid account that I set up years ago just for sleuthing. How much of the information from his profile on that account are we allowed to post here?

Here is a link to the picture used in his profile, looks like it was taken a few years ago, his hair is much shorter.

3510717433552594499.jpeg

Hope this is OK to link. If not, mods please remove.

Thank you for asking because I have no clue. Hope it was okay to post the little info I posted above.

And just about everything else after JJ/Val/M/girlfriend/fiance's whirlwind trip in and out of WS...

I agree, Graceholl. My mind has even jumped to did/does DRC even exist?!? The only thing that kept me from going down that path is the fact that there are the few MSM articles out of Oregon.

I am shocked that she posted everything she posted, knowing that she needed to be verified. And I believe she knew.

JMO

man, oh man. i wish we could discuss things in the parking lot.

I have been looking through the news of the cities/towns on the shortest route. So far nothing. Which is probably a good thing.

I also think if the media is going to be contacted, it should be by Daryn's family, not his girlfriend or friends. The family is his voice, not them.

JMO.

I'm not sure who first connected him to flurries, but I figured it out by a tshirtt he was wearing in one of his photos on NameUs. It's from a furry convention and most people don't go to furry conventions unless they are part of that lifestyle.

What Furry convention? Because according to Val, he didn't attend conventions except one.

I agree, Graceholl. My mind has even jumped to did/does DRC even exist?!? The only thing that kept me from going down that path is the fact that there are the few MSM articles out of Oregon.

My thoughts started drifting that direction yesterday. Too much "weirdness". And GF was in the mix w/a stalker ex, never been to his place but knew him and and was close for 4 years. Roommate unreliable. If he took off on his own...no wonder.
Sorry for the rant. Something just simply isn't passing the smell test.

Yes, South!!!! Never been to apartment or seen cat, yet her roomie had, MANY times????? Huh???

My thoughts started drifting that direction yesterday. Too much "weirdness". And GF was in the mix w/a stalker ex, never been to his place but knew him and and was close for 4 years. Roommate unreliable. If he took off on his own...no wonder.
Sorry for the rant. Something just simply isn't passing the smell test.

Whoops.. When I reread the FB I realized I was wrong. I don't think it was a stalker ex----more of some bad family members or something. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, Daryn clearly has many family members and he is really missed by them. And someone other than the GF has seen the cat, but apparently the cat hides when people come over so most people haven't seen it.

Trying not to let some of the "weirdness" affect my pitiful attempt to help Darraby. (and by "weirdness" I don't mean the furry lifestyle)

Whoops.. When I reread the FB I realized I was wrong. I don't think it was a stalker ex----more of some bad family members or something. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, Daryn clearly has many family members and he is really missed by them. And someone other than the GF has seen the cat, but apparently the cat hides when people come over so most people haven't seen it.

Trying not to let some of the "weirdness" affect my pitiful attempt to help Darraby. (and by "weirdness" I don't mean the furry lifestyle)

But apparently the roomate/matchmaker has been around Mystery Cat© enough to become friends, pet, and want it to come live with her...but can't or won't just say what color it is. :banghead:

Referencing the FB for a second, I have still not got over the negative frisson caused when someone takes a name involving the word "Judas."

When I saw that I immediately thought John the Baptist and Judas Iscariot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member