OK OK - Dena Dean, 16, Tulsa, 6 June 1998

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
“We’re getting real close; I think it could happen any day,” Larry Dean said. “That pressure is gone from us now because we’re so close. We know the people working on the case are giving 110%.”

The Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office Cold Case Task Force, a group of retired and volunteer law enforcement officers driven to re-examine the evidence and ask new questions about nearly 30 cold cases, has worked on Dena’s case since its inception."

Dena Dean vigil: Family brings awareness to cold case with help from Tulsa County Sheriff's Office

Family, Friends Gather To Remember Life Of Teenager Murdered In 1998 (newson6.com)

TULSA, Oklahoma -

Family and friends are remembering the life of Dena Dean on what would have been her 40th birthday.

Dena was murdered in Tulsa when she was just 16 and no one has ever been arrested for the crime.

In the 23 years since Dena was murdered, her family has held on to hope that her killer would be found.

Dena’s family wanted to hold a balloon release on Saturday but the event was postponed because of this week’s winter weather.

On June 6, 1998, Dena Dean left work and was never heard from again.

Her body was found six days later.

Dena’s father says losing his little girl never gets easier.

“It hasn’t,” said Larry Dean, Dena’s father. “The grief from losing Dena eats at you from day one.”

Dena was born forty years ago on Saturday.

Her dad said if she were still here, they would be celebrating this milestone as a family.

“She'd have been right here,” Larry said. “She would have come home. She would have probably been hanging decorations up in the house for her sister and for me both.”

Larry’s birthday is in three days, and he says with every year that goes by, he hopes he is one year closer to seeing Dena’s killer captured and for her case to finally go to trial.

I turn 70 years old Tuesday, “ said Larry. “How many more years do I have? Will I get to see it go to a courtroom? I hope. if not, I know several people that will continue the fight.”

Holding on for the day when he and Dena can celebrate their birthdays together again.

“We'll have that birthday party someday where we can have our big birthday cake again,” said Larry.

Anyone who has any information on the Dena Dean case is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole
Back