GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will not forget finding this site. I never slept back then. I was full time amateur detective. You all are such a blessing. I had to step away for a little while. I let my life and business get out of hand. I had to focus and get to thinking clearly again. My thoughts and suspicions are the same as before. Still trying to figure out how they were able to catch dad off guard.

I'd really hoped an arrest was made by the end of the year.
Someone is going to mess up & tell the wrong person.
I can't imagine what you & your family go through. Its been almost 7 years that my dad passed from cancer; there is a lawsuit for his cancer; they keep sending stuff during the holiday or other key dates to sign; it rips the wound open again.

~Hugs I have faith your family will have closure.

Bump, i'm hoping the time it has taken brings us closer and closer to justice.

Thanks for posting roselvr - That is terrific news and I'm so glad to hear it!

I think of Joe and MMD so often.

You're welcome. It was posted in Jody's thread; was surprised they didn't post here too.

My thoughts are with Missing my dad; I know yesterday was not easy for her. Hoping for answers...

This case is in one of my personal top 5 of wanting to be solved! MMD is such a sweetheart and I want her to know who killed her dad and why!!! :maddening:

Was gonna bump the post today. I was going through my "downloads" folder on my Mac; it contains PDFs & photos I've looked at online; I came across one of Joe. Wish the new team would crack this case already.

~Hugs

Joe's birthday was a few days ago. I hope by this time next year MMD will have answers.

Marie & family; I'm thankful you finally have confirmation that he did this to your beloved dad. I pray they will lock his butt up for as many years as he has left. What a scum bag to do this to such a loved man and your family. I'm crying tears of joy that you're one step away from trying to heal from your wounds. ~Hugs

Arrest Made in LeFlore County Cold Case

Raymond Larry Nichols, 60, of Cameron, Okla., was arrested on a first degree murder charge in the death of 62-year-old Joe Neff... He owns the strip pit where Joe’s body was found...

OSBI investigators interviewed Joe’s friends and family members who told them Joe’s ex-wife was demanding money but he refused. Neff told the witnesses that if anything were to happen to him, his ex-wife and her brother should be considered suspects.

Records at a local pawn shop showed Nichols’ common-law wife purchased a 9mm handgun in 2001. When OSBI agents interviewed her she admitted to giving it to Nichols.

Last month, OSBI agents requested the Oklahoma Highway Patrol Dive Team search the strip pit where Neff’s body was found. Underwater metal detectors found a Ruger 9mm handgun under layers of silt, according to the OSBI.

The serial number on the gun checked back to the same Ruger 9 mm sold to Nichols’ common-law wife. An OSBI criminalist in the Firearms Unit identified the gun had in fact fired the bullet removed from Neff’s neck during the autopsy.

HALLELUJAH! This case is one of the top on my list for wanting to be solved! Missingmydad is such a dear! I pray justice is served for JOE NEFF!

Tears!! You are my thoughts and prayers, Missingmydad!

MMD! God bless you hun!! Justice will be served! :blowkiss:

This is such great news! Finally!

Missingmydad, my thoughts and prayers are with you. And I commend your persistence and dedication to your Dad. You are a GREAT daughter!

Salem

It's nice to know that, while the wheels of justice in Oklahoma turn slowly, they haven't fallen off altogether.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back