OK - Duncan Mom, daughter charged with incest after getting married in Oklahoma

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In this enlightened age two consenting adults should be allowed to marry regardless of their race, sex or family relationship. I remember when the first two were taboo. jmo

In this enlightened age two consenting adults should be allowed to marry regardless of their race, sex or family relationship. I remember when the first two were taboo. jmo

I think when it comes to family relationships there's a chance the child, even if legal age, isn't able to consent. They are not equals. For instance what if there'd been abuse during childhood? A parent could also know how to manipulate and control, heck even blackmail, their children.

She married her son in 2008, he filed for annulment a year later.
She also lost custody of three of her children, they were adopted by their paternal grandmother. They were lucky. Hopefully they got a chance at normal life.

A chance at a normal life? She married two out of three already. Her son and daughter that she married, those are the two out of three children she lost custody of.

Incest tends to produce genetic abnormalities in children conceived. I think it's unfair to do this, and have a child that suffers and lives less than a year.

See: FLDS baby cemeteries

ETA, I agree that race and sex don't matter. Familial relationships DO.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

So many children are born out of wedlock I don't why some think having children and being married should be mentioned in the same sentence. jmo

So many children are born out of wedlock I don't why some think having children and being married should be mentioned in the same sentence. jmo
Yes, and so many people who are married, have children. Many people get married to have children. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Because if a parent and child have children together there's a good chance their children will have genetic abnormalities. This thread is about a mother who married her daughter so no, the two of them wouldn't be able to have children but she was also married to her son. IMO that's why it's mentioned here.

Because if a parent and child have children together there's a good chance their children will have genetic abnormalities. This thread is about a mother who married her daughter so no, the two of them wouldn't be able to have children but she was also married to her son. IMO that's why it's mentioned here.

Well, exactly. There is a reason one shouldn't marry close relatives. Inbreeding is not good health-wise.

A mother and daughter are already "married"in terms of the strongest legal connection, and if you believe in god, that relationship is already sacred and unbreakable - marriage is ultimately unnecessary between family members. This incident is purely an attempted abuse of marital benefits (for money, custody etc) or an indication of severe mental distress if we want to believe they didn't know any better.

I think when it comes to family relationships there's a chance the child, even if legal age, isn't able to consent. They are not equals. For instance what if there'd been abuse during childhood? A parent could also know how to manipulate and control, heck even blackmail, their children.

Bingo, and these are some of the reasons that a lot of positions of influence are not supposed to have intimate relationships such as attorney/client, Doctor/patient, law enforcement/accused, just to name a few.

The absolute potential for horrific abuse towards our children, our DEPENDANTS, if we were "enlightened" enough to allow this once they grow to adulthood. How unhealthy. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In the United States of America incest and marrying your children is against the law for good reason. It is morally and genetically WRONG.

In the United States of America incest and marrying your children is against the law for good reason. It is morally and genetically WRONG.

Genetically, a single occurrence of incest will not significantly raise the rate of abnormalities. It only becomes a real problem when incest becomes "the norm" in a family line.

As many stories as I've heard online of people catching friends and loved ones accidentally walking in on siblings and cousins having sex, I'm afraid this isn't as atypical as I would like.

As many stories as I've heard online of people catching friends and loved ones accidentally walking in on siblings and cousins having sex, I'm afraid this isn't as atypical as I would like.

RSBM for emphasis

Lol, uhhh where are you reading?

2 years later, this is the first I've heard of this case. Everyone before me already reacted the way I did... a big fat WTF! I don't get shocked anymore, I thought.... I'm totally floored. Also.. GROSS! Why? Eeeew *bleah*

https://www.facebook.com/KAKETV/posts/10156263838963979

did you know incest is legal in New Jersey and Rhode Island is legal, sick as it is?

eye bleach, mouth bleach, everything bleach ... blech

that 'mother' should be jailed indefinitely - she completely destroyed at least two human beings entire lives

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back