Found Safe OK - Elijah Muhammad, 8, Oklahoma City, 28 Jul 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
I can’t imagine not knowing what my 8 year old was wearing at 11pm. Even if he changed clothes in the night, the clothes he was wearing before would likely be wadded up in the floor.

I wonder who was taking care of him at the time? Who saw him at 11? When was he last seen in public? I hope they release more info .

Elijah's Facebook:
Elijah Muhammad

I had no idea 8 year olds had facebooks!! It looks like his he is named after his dad. There is frustration with family/friends that no amber alert was issued, but it seems he doesn’t meet the national criteria? I don’t know how that works, but wish they could get an alert for him! Very concerning that he isn’t found yet. He appears to be a very strong/athletic little boy, I hope that will keep him in good shape until he is found.

His grandmother, Deborah Gale, said Muhammad was staying with her this weekend. When she got up Sunday morning, she realized he wasn't inside the apartment.

"I came outside, walked my dog. I was walking the complex looking," Gale said. "I said let me just call the cops so I can at least get a report and get some type of stuff going."

Gale said this happened sometime between midnight and 7 a.m. She said she got up sometime during the night, but didn't notice Elijah missing.

She said he is just under 5 feet tall, wearing blue shorts and has dreadlocks with blonde on the tips.

OKC police ask for help in finding missing 8-year-old

This is the only article I’ve seen so far with more info. It starts saying he was missing from “his house” but then talks about him staying at his grandmothers, so I think that was just a mistake in reporting.

So they are calling him a runaway now... did they rule out all other possibilities first? Where does an 8 year old boy run away to for this long? I’m extremely worried about him.

So they are calling him a runaway now... did they rule out all other possibilities first? Where does an 8 year old boy run away to for this long? I’m extremely worried about him.
According to this article Elijah left a letter saying he's sorry he had to run away:
Officials with the Department of Human Services said he's not the only boy in the family to run away. They said Elijah's 12-year-old brother ran away from his foster family in June.
<snip>
"It's believed that he's a runaway juvenile at this time, that he chose to leave," said Master Sgt. Gary Knight, with the Oklahoma City Police Department.

It's a sentiment that's echoed in a letter Elijah's family says he wrote.

"Sorry I had to run away. I love my family and I don't want to get taken away from my family again," Elijah reportedly wrote.
Missing 8-year-old OKC boy didn't want to go back to foster home, family says

The big question is where did he go if not back to his family?

This story just hurts my heart. An 8 year old runaway....where could he be? Perhaps his life has been such that he knows how to take care of his basic needs....and that thought makes my heart hurt more.

I'm praying that he is found safe and is placed in a loving, caring environment very soon!

Both boys are named Elijah Muhammad as well as their father? Strange. I do think the FB link I posted above belongs to the 12 year old.

Caleigh Bourgeois

Update: Police and DHS say they're still looking for Elijah Muhammad, 8, and his brother, also named Elijah Muhammad, 12.

You may recognize the two young men from their achievements in wrestling.

Investigators believe the two boys ran away while in DHS care, and could be hiding with a relative.

12 year old Elijah
37997469_1630988023693742_3210843595447730176_n.jpg

8 year old Elijah
38132221_1630988047027073_6793092091225309184_n.jpg

So the grandmother who the 8 year old was supposedly staying with was the only one she mentioned? Does she count as DHS care? Maybe the older brother was in DHS care and came to get the younger brother to run off with him in the night? Add to the unknown and confusion that the brothers have the same name.

So the grandmother who the 8 year old was supposedly staying with was the only one she mentioned? Does she count as DHS care? Maybe the older brother was in DHS care and came to get the younger brother to run off with him in the night? Add to the unknown and confusion that the brothers have the same name.

she may have weekend visitation. a friend of mine is "fostering" her niece and nephew because her brother and his ex gf were on drugs and the babies were removed. her brother is following all the steps, finished rehab, got a job, paying his fines, taking the required parenting classes. unfortunately their mother has done nothing and in fact cut off her ankle monitor and went parolee at large. her brother now gets weekend visitations because he has found a stable rental and is doing all his steps. the mother has lost her parental rights.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back