OK - Five Bever family members slain in their Broken Arrow home, 22 July 2015 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.newson6.com/story/33040982/robert-bever-pleads-guilty-to-five-counts-of-first-degree-murder

Robert Bever pleaded guity to five counts of 1st degree murder and one count of assault w/intent to kill. He received five life sentenced without parole.

Michael Bever's attorney filed several motions trying to get his charges dropped. It seems he's still fighting the notion that his client should be tried as an adult instead of juvenile.

I have to say this was a surprise. It seemed that Robert's attorney was gearing up for a big trial, but I guess they made a deal for no death penalty.

Good. Lock him away for life.

I want to point out there was, most likely, no horrible abuse going on in that home, after all. This says to me that it wasn't about being isolated or abused by his parents, and his attorney couldn't find enough reason to defend Robert or appeal to a jury for a lighter sentence, IMO. He tried to blame his parents, but couldn't come up with anything they had ever done to deserve what Robert and his brother did. It comes down to Robert and Michael having unwarranted evil intent to murder their parents, their little siblings, their whole family, and to move on to killing strangers and become famous serial killers.

Neither of them backed out of their terrible plan. But Michael is going to have a trial, so we'll see, but it seems he was just as much a part of the murders as his brother.

The surviving sisters, one who had to fight for her life, and now live with the nightmares. The other sister, a baby, I hope she won't ever know the whole story. It's hard to forget what these brothers did and their cold blooded plans.

I think had there not been strong intimations of extraordinary abuse, the State never would let a five-time killer plead out a life sentence.

Michael Bever Attorney Raises Question Of Client's Mental Status, http://www.newson6.com/story/333553...rney-raises-question-of-clients-mental-status

"The lawyer for a Broken Arrow boy accused of killing his family filed a notice of intent to raise the question of his client's mental status. Michael Bever has pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree murder in the killings of his parents and three of his siblings.

That notice may allow his attorney to use the insanity defense."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Michael Bever Attorney Raises Question Of Client's Mental Status, http://www.newson6.com/story/333553...rney-raises-question-of-clients-mental-status

"The lawyer for a Broken Arrow boy accused of killing his family filed a notice of intent to raise the question of his client's mental status. Michael Bever has pleaded not guilty to five counts of first-degree murder in the killings of his parents and three of his siblings.

That notice may allow his attorney to use the insanity defense."

I cannot see the insanity as this was planned

I cannot see the insanity as this was planned

From what I'm gathering, I think his attorney is going to try to prove a couple of things in his defense. One, that he was under extreme influence of his older brother. It's been mentioned that when the two were being questioned right after the crimes that Robert was calm and talkative and Michael was upset and vomiting. Maybe that's part of it, I don't know. The other thing i think he'll use is the abuse in the household. Robert's attorney stated that prison will be an improvement to his life at home but did not elaborate, so we still don't know what went on in that house. We do know that they were kept very isolated, no friends, no dates, etc.

Now the DA stated he accepted Robert's plea agreement because Crystal (the surviving sister) requested never have to testify or see her brothers again. I don't have the link for that but I'll look for it. He explained that if Robert got the death sentence, Crystal would have to deal with this for years, probably into her thirties. Also the 2 year old baby, Autumn would become aware growing up of every detail and her foster parents did not want that either.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/cour...cle_cef410f4-b545-5993-8400-b0b8f52dec16.html

With Michael's trial coming next year, I hope he ends up pleading guilty, but he has a pretty aggressive attorney who is putting up a hard fight for him.

On another note, Robert got transferred to his new home today at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester.

I can see that the lawyer will go for mitigating circumstances but not insanity.

I wonder if we will ever hear about what went on in the home. I bet it was awful

Just stubbled onto a local case and one i am personally interested in because at the time this happened i was a pizza delivery person and had been deliverying pizzas to this family for an entire year not one time did i ever see a parent the oldest son always paid me but all the children would come to the door and help polite but i just always found it odd that i never saw an adult anytime i was there with all those kids

Just stubbled onto a local case and one i am personally interested in because at the time this happened i was a pizza delivery person and had been deliverying pizzas to this family for an entire year not one time did i ever see a parent the oldest son always paid me but all the children would come to the door and help polite but i just always found it odd that i never saw an adult anytime i was there with all those kids

Welcome to this thread JLMOORE.....thanks for the local insight to this family. I sure would be interested to know what went on behind closed doors. PRobably won't ever find out now, i guess, but the dynamics would be interesting.

I'm betting this was arson. Let's see what the fire dept finds as far as accelerants.
Why? The house was set to be demolished. It does seem, though, that some arsonists target uninhabited buildings to fulfill their urges.

Why? The house was set to be demolished. It does seem, though, that some arsonists target uninhabited buildings to fulfill their urges.

The neighborhood and the city really wanted to demolish it, but the bank owns it. It was appraised I believe at $220K with almost no equity in the house. The bank and the city made a deal that the bank would sell it to the city for $50K, then the city would demolish it and extend the small park where the house sits. The only thing was, the city council members only raised $17K and the bank's deadline was looming (they gave them about a month to raise the cash).

So, out of the blue the house goes up in flames. That's why I'm thinking arson.

[bbm] A detective testified that the surviving sister had said her father would throw the children and verbally abuse them.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/cour...cle_cef410f4-b545-5993-8400-b0b8f52dec16.html

Good. Lock him away for life.

I want to point out there was, most likely, no horrible abuse going on in that home, after all. This says to me that it wasn't about being isolated or abused by his parents, and his attorney couldn't find enough reason to defend Robert or appeal to a jury for a lighter sentence, IMO. He tried to blame his parents, but couldn't come up with anything they had ever done to deserve what Robert and his brother did. It comes down to Robert and Michael having unwarranted evil intent to murder their parents, their little siblings, their whole family, and to move on to killing strangers and become famous serial killers.

Neither of them backed out of their terrible plan. But Michael is going to have a trial, so we'll see, but it seems he was just as much a part of the murders as his brother.

The surviving sisters, one who had to fight for her life, and now live with the nightmares. The other sister, a baby, I hope she won't ever know the whole story. It's hard to forget what these brothers did and their cold blooded plans.

BROKEN ARROW, Okla.- A city councilman says a plan to raise enough money to tear down a Tulsa-area home where five family members were murdered, is roughly $8,000 short of the goal.

http://kfor.com/2017/04/08/official-8k-away-from-destroying-oklahoma-house-where-5-were-killed/

From the link that I posted, I can't help but wonder why in the world the city of Broken Arrow needs 50k to demo a severely fire damaged house in order to build a park. They're 8k short on their goal, which means that they already have aporox. 42k to complete the project.

MOo...

[bbm] A detective testified that the surviving sister had said her father would throw the children and verbally abuse them.

We still don't know the extent of what was or wasn't going on in that household. We don't know if there was a few isolated instances of physical abuse and some parental criticisms that could be taken as (bbm) verbal abuse. We have heard a lot about the children being kept quite isolated.

The point I was making was that there must not have been abuse enough for his attorney to find reason to defend Robert or appeal to a jury for a lighter sentence.

I'm not saying I know what was going on in that home that caused these two brothers to have such sick, violent plans. I would think there was also love in the household, but they didn't hesitate over the love. They wanted to massacre their entire family and once they had their freedom they wanted to start killing strangers. Nothing justifies what they decided to do, IMO. Their little siblings certainly didn't deserve to be brutally killed.

It's a mystery to me how the parents didn't see what a seriously evil situation was brewing in their two sons' minds despite all the time the whole family spent together isolated in that house.

Prayers to the two surviving sisters. Prayers to Broken Arrow that they get a park that will be a healing place from all the sorrow we have all felt over this case.

....why in the world the city of Broken Arrow needs 50k to demo a severely fire damaged house in order to build a park. They're 8k short on their goal, which means that they already have aporox. 42k to complete the project. MOo.....

No snark or sarc intended (forgive me if I've misunderstood question & some info*) but -
neither city of B/A nor 'foundation,' councilman Lester said he started, owns the prop yet, IIUC. A foundation (or other entity)must buy it, then transfer title to City of B/A before developing as a park.

Before or after fire (I've forgotten), lienholder/creditor (a bank, iirc) agreed to sell to city or the local group for ~$50,000.
IDK if parties had an actual sales contract or just a 'handshake deal' (technical real estate-speak for horsefeathers).
Who actually holds title to prop now? Is it subject to probate or probate proceedings? IDK

See below re wrecking company's stmt re volunteering its services re demolition. Gratis, instead of est'd 20,000?

Even after 'foundation' transfers land to city, city will have to spend $$$ for sidewalks, benches, plantings, etc to transform into 'park' and in coming years will also have to pay for maintenance, insurance, etc.

Very sad circumstances for all fam, friends, neighborhood, & city. Hoping memorial park will provide further healing.

* Not claiming the below is factual but think each is likely.
1. When buying, Mr & Mrs got mortgage, w prop as security for loan w creditor. May/may not have 2nd mortgage or HELOC.
2. At time of deaths, a creditor (say, bank or assignee) held mortgage/lien on house & land for remaining balance of mtg loan ($*advertiser censored*,000?).
3. At time of deaths, home & land value may not have exceeded remaining loan balance. May have, IDK.
4. After deaths, w murder-stigma, value may have dropped/did drop,
5. Home & land was part of their probate estate, distributed by probate ct per their wills or per OK intestacy statutes, but subect to the mtg lien (if not paid by credit life insurance policy proceeds, but CLI proceeds pay only for house & improvements, not land's value).

IDK what their wills, trust, etc. provided and IDK what has happened, since deaths, 1 1/2 - 2 yrs ago, but am thinking it's likely -
6. After deaths, lien-holder/creditor may have bn in position to foreclose, and did so, and became owner of house & land.
7. Post-foreclosure, now-owner/ex-lien-holder/ex-creditor offered to sell it for $50,000 which presumably would only partially satisfy the principal balance due on the loan.

All ^ JM2cts, subject to change w more info.

"Fire Destroys Vacant Bever Family Home In Broken Arrow."
http://www.newson6.com/story/34944197/fire-destroys-vacant-bever-family-home-in-broken-arrow Feb 27

^ "A group in Broken Arrow wants to demolish the home and replace it with a memorial garden. The City of Broken Arrow and the people who live in the neighborhood say they want the property to transition into a place of peace and healing.Their first step is to buy the home on Magnolia Court...."
"[Broken Arrow city councilman] Lester started a foundation to raise money to buy the house. Once that happens, the foundation will deed it to the city to take over the project.
A local wrecking company has already volunteered services to demolish the home when its time, a project that would otherwise cost about $20,000." bbm

because they owe the bank 50k. it was appraised at 220k so maybe the bank was like so what if it burned, you already got a low deal.

From the link that I posted, I can't help but wonder why in the world the city of Broken Arrow needs 50k to demo a severely fire damaged house in order to build a park. They're 8k short on their goal, which means that they already have aporox. 42k to complete the project.

MOo...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024