OK OK - Harmoni Gail Jacks, 24, missing w/ vehicle under suspicious circumstances, house in Arkoma searched, Pocola, 7 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
Oklahoma Highway Patrol has alerted the public about a woman who went missing under suspicious circumstances.

Harmoni Gail Jacks, 24, was last seen at about 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning. She was driving from Pocola to the Greenwood area, according to Hunter McKee, spokesperson for the OSBI.

Jacks was driving a red 2012 Nissan Altima with the Oklahoma license plate JYD 879. The front bumper is damaged or missing.

She is 5 feet and 1 inch tall, weighs 160 pounds, and has red hair and blue eyes.

Law enforcement says you should call 9-1-1 if you see her.

A large number of law enforcement vehicles were seen at a house in Arkoma Tuesday morning.

Their presence is "in relation to" the search for Jacks, according to Arkoma Police Chief Michael Ivy.

Vehicles with OSBI, Arkoma police, crime scene investigators and the LeFlore County Sheriff's Office were among those seen at the house.
hamoni-gail-jacks-668d7101d0fee.png

Jacks's sisters, Felicia and Rhyanna, have searched multiple places she was known to visit like Natural Dam and Devil's Den, with no luck. They say Jacks left home to meet a friend around 4 a.m., but a few hours later they got a call from her son's father saying he couldn't get a hold of her.

OSBI is reportedly still searching for Jacks in both Oklahoma and Arkansas, but there are no suspects at this time.

Is the "suspicious circumstances" the time of night that she left home or is there something else "suspicious" about her departure?

It's possible her car went off the road and is in a ditch. Of course, there are other possible scenarios too.

jmo

Is the "suspicious circumstances" the time of night that she left home or is there something else "suspicious" about her departure?

It's possible her car went off the road and is in a ditch. Of course, there are other possible scenarios too.

jmo
I wonder if it's because she left her phone at home, something which is apparently out-of-character?

“For the first few days, we didn’t think much of it,” Rhyanna said.

Then her sisters said they found out she left her phone at home in Arkoma. This type of behavior is abnormal for Harmoni, her sisters said.

“She doesn’t disappear without communicating or letting us know within a couple of hours,” Felicia said. “She doesn’t go anywhere without her phone. She has our phone numbers memorized, so if she has access to a phone, I think she would’ve called by now. So that’s concerning.”

I wonder if it's because she left her phone at home, something which is apparently out-of-character?

“For the first few days, we didn’t think much of it,” Rhyanna said.

Then her sisters said they found out she left her phone at home in Arkoma. This type of behavior is abnormal for Harmoni, her sisters said.

“She doesn’t disappear without communicating or letting us know within a couple of hours,” Felicia said. “She doesn’t go anywhere without her phone. She has our phone numbers memorized, so if she has access to a phone, I think she would’ve called by now. So that’s concerning.”
Yes, that is concerning. I'd think that if she left in the middle of the night to meet up with friends, she would for sure bring her phone.

But, if they have her phone, can they check for calls and text messages?

jmo

Yes, that is concerning. I'd think that if she left in the middle of the night to meet up with friends, she would for sure bring her phone.

jmo
I'm assuming so, although if it is password protected it may take LE some time to gain access unless one of her family members knows her password. Hopefully if she was meeting up with someone LE will be able to get that info from her phone.

I'm assuming so, although if it is password protected it may take LE some time to gain access unless one of her family members knows her password. Hopefully if she was meeting up with someone LE will be able to get that info from her phone.
I'm curious if any of the people she was supposed to meet have shared their phones with LE.

jmo

JUL 9, 2024
The patrol issued a Kasey Alert on Tuesday for LeFlore County. The alert system was created in Oklahoma last year and took effect Nov. 1.

JAN 3, 2024
"This is for somebody between the ages of 18 and 59, that's considered critically missing, which means they were abducted or taken against their will," said Sarah Stewart, the Director of Media Operations for Oklahoma DPS.

NOV 1, 2023
HB1077 requires the Department of Public Safety to develop and implement a statewide Kasey Alert system for adults who are critically missing. A critical missing adult is a person between the ages of 18 and 59 whose whereabouts are unknown and who is believed to be abducted.

The OSBI is searching for 24-year-old Harmoni Gail Jacks. She was last seen early Sunday morning, driving southbound from Arkoma in a red 2012 Nissan Altima. The full front bumper of the vehicle is missing. If you have information, contact tips@osbi.ok.gov or 1-800-522-8017.

jmo
This is also concerning...

Our team has confirmed that a crime scene unit from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation and a medical examiner are at the residence.

harmoni gail jacks

So she was seen driving but the medical examiner was at the house… hmm
If there was no body at the house the ME may go there if a crime scene is particularly complicated and needs to be documented very well for an autopsy not yet performed, or if there are bodily fluids which need forensic evaluation. ME protocols may vary state by state and between jurisdictions, however.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol has alerted the public about a woman who went missing under suspicious circumstances.

Harmoni Gail Jacks, 24, was last seen at about 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning. She was driving from Pocola to the Greenwood area, according to Hunter McKee, spokesperson for the OSBI.

Jacks was driving a red 2012 Nissan Altima with the Oklahoma license plate JYD 879. The front bumper is damaged or missing.

She is 5 feet and 1 inch tall, weighs 160 pounds, and has red hair and blue eyes.

Law enforcement says you should call 9-1-1 if you see her.

A large number of law enforcement vehicles were seen at a house in Arkoma Tuesday morning.

Their presence is "in relation to" the search for Jacks, according to Arkoma Police Chief Michael Ivy.

Vehicles with OSBI, Arkoma police, crime scene investigators and the LeFlore County Sheriff's Office were among those seen at the house.
View attachment 516563
She’s my aunts niece..Please pray that she’s found. She has a four year old baby waiting for his momma to come home…It’s concerning bc this isn’t like Harmoni. She always has her phone,but most importantly, she’d never not disappear and contact her family to let them know that she’s okay…Or her whereabouts…

JUL 10, 2024

- Police are now saying Harmoni was not heading towards Greenwood, AR early Sunday morning. Instead, she was headed toward Pocola, OK.

- LE obtained footage of her Nissan Altima heading south on Hwy 112 toward Pocola around 3:30 a.m.

- The video of her car does not show whether or not she was in it.

- LE found nothing of interest in the search of the home and have nothing to indicate foul play at this point however, they are not ruling it out.

- Helicopters are searching along Hwy 112, and LE are continuing to canvas for video footage.

- Chief Ivy says they have some persons of interest but no confirmed suspects.

JUL 11, 2024
[...]

"We're trying to track her movements as she left. So far, we've gotten as far as Pocola," said Arkoma police Chief Michael Ivy. "We did have some indication that she potentially went to Greenwood. That has been disproven at this point."

Gas station surveillance video showed Jacks driving south on Hwy. 112 in Pocola at approximately 3:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Ivy. Police have not yet released the footage.

[...]

Ivy told 40/29 News that investigators have not yet found any evidence of foul play.

"I'm not ruling it out, and I'm not ruling it in. I take it (the investigation) where the evidence is," Ivy said. "We have to keep an open mind as investigators. So, I'm certainly not going to rule that out. We have some people of interest, but we're not ready to release those names."

JUL 11, 2024
[...]

"We're trying to track her movements as she left. So far, we've gotten as far as Pocola," said Arkoma police Chief Michael Ivy. "We did have some indication that she potentially went to Greenwood. That has been disproven at this point."

Gas station surveillance video showed Jacks driving south on Hwy. 112 in Pocola at approximately 3:30 a.m. Sunday, according to Ivy. Police have not yet released the footage.

[...]

Ivy told 40/29 News that investigators have not yet found any evidence of foul play.

"I'm not ruling it out, and I'm not ruling it in. I take it (the investigation) where the evidence is," Ivy said. "We have to keep an open mind as investigators. So, I'm certainly not going to rule that out. We have some people of interest, but we're not ready to release those names."
Appreciate the summary from the video.

jmo

JUL 11, 2024
Like the rest of the Jacks family, BH, the father of Harmoni’s son, said he’s coping the best he can.

"I've been sick to my stomach for days. As the days go by it's getting harder and harder," said Hope, who told 5NEWS he saw Jacks suddenly leave the house at 3:30 a.m. the night of her disappearance and get into her car. He said he followed her in his truck, before losing sight of her.

At first, OSBI believed Jacks was going to Greenwood that night. However, surveillance footage shows her heading toward Pocola.

BH said he called the police while he was following her.

JUL 11, 2024
[...]

BH was with Harmoni Jacks when she left her Arkoma home early Sunday morning. BH is the father of Jacks' son. He is currently the last known person to see Jacks, who has been missing ever since leaving home.

BH told 40/29 News that Jacks had been drinking and was in a depressed state due to the death of a close friend. He said Jacks left the house around 3:30 a.m. Sunday to see someone in Greenwood.

"She's in her bedroom texting. And I said, 'Who are you texting?' I asked her, and she said, 'This random dude from Greenwood," Hope said. "She runs out of this house and she gets in the car. I'm literally, she's backing out, I get my truck, I'm going down the road after her because I felt that she was unsafe."

[...]

"I'm just thinking she's not dealing with a friend's death, and she wants to deal with it on her own," said her parents, Becky and David Jacks. "I'm overly impressed with the amount of effort being put in looking for my daughter. There's a lot of people looking for Harmoni."

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back