OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned 08 Oct 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, wfgodot. I Doubt there's much significance considering its in the middle of wooded wildlife. And it's not like it was lying on a body, it was probably within the scatter of bones. But I don't think it should be completely overlooked. I also don't think there is anything troubling about Madyson's pic other than the darkness that comes over me when I realize it's the last picture she ever took, just minutes before they took off into the woods for whatever reason. But until we know exactly what happened to this family (and honestly, I don't think we ever will), I don't want to write it off. There's always the possibility that someone has revisited the remains or happened upon them before the hunter did. Unlikely, but not impossible. No facts, no swaying by me.

This case is what brought me to WS. It will always be near and dear to my heart.

Hey, all, I'm stopping in for updates during some downtime. After my quick review of what's been happening since the Jamison's were found, I have a question (or two). Were they, in fact, found close to the truck, or did I misunderstand? I remember the area being searched, using horses and ORVs, and I thought there were several searches. I'm now curious about whether their final location was, in fact, covered at that time. If they were there, and the SAR covered the area, I'd be surprised that the disturbed ground wasn't spotted.

McStay Forum threads posted upon in last month: 19

Jamison thread posted upon in last month: this one

Hey, all, I'm stopping in for updates during some downtime. After my quick review of what's been happening since the Jamison's were found, I have a question (or two). Were they, in fact, found close to the truck, or did I misunderstand? I remember the area being searched, using horses and ORVs, and I thought there were several searches. I'm now curious about whether their final location was, in fact, covered at that time. If they were there, and the SAR covered the area, I'd be surprised that the disturbed ground wasn't spotted.

If I remember this right - It was probably not searched where they were found which was about three miles away from the truck as the crow flies, but on the other side of the mountain from the truck. It was much further away if you tried to follow the roads.

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this thread after spending a few days reading it from the very beginning. I have to say what an amazing job to everyone who has posted! The timeline and maps are amazing and I have learnt so much about this case from them.

IMO I am convinced this is a murder. The fact the car and dog was left how it was, reminds me of the Mcstays and how their house was left. As if they just vanished into thin air. The way their skulls were all face down. How Bobby would be very open with people he hardly knew could maybe of landed them in trouble? Or how their car was in the road as if someone faced them head on.

I don't mean to keep comparing to the Mcstays but I cant help but think that the way they showed the footage of a family crossing the border, giving people the impression they left of their free will ect, is like how Sherilynns health has been portrayed and possible drug usage.

For some reason murder suicide is just not sitting right with me, I just don't think this is the case here but obviously I could be wrong. Same with the exposure theory.

I do think LE know a bit more than they are willing to say. I certainly do hope that the family get answers soon.

WELCOME!
Thank you for a great post.

I too believe this was murder and have been unable to resign myself to believe it could have been exposure or murder-suicide.
I remember back when the Jamison family went missing and then the McStay family also went missing. Seems like I remember a third family (the name I forget now) who were actually found alive later. The odd coincidences of whole families disappearing near the same time and then four years later being found dead within a week or so of each other were mindboggling to say the least. At least, the McStay case has some answers now. I wish we could have some definitive answers for the Jamisons, a family of three, to die together face down under suspicious circumstances with no apparent cause of death.

Thank you! :)
That is really mindboggling. I think I recall the family you are talking about.
The Jamisons disappearance has always stayed with me. I just wish there was some more evidence, just something to point us in the right direction.

Will this case see the light of day again? 13+ months after the discovery of remains, odds are not in its favor.

eta....and, I should also note, nearly six months after the remains were identified -- the last time the case was in the news.

I believe the sheriff let it go and closed the case as soon as he received the final ME report and then he just put away the file.
The only reason he would ever open it again would be if something else happens up there on that mountain like a hiker/hunter finding more bones and evidence and even then I'm not sure he would do any more investigating.

Skeletal remains found face down in the mud all three in a line side by side. That is unsettling as well.

As we move along in 2015, I can't believe that this case hasn't been solved! I definitely don't believe that this was a suicide or accident. The circumstances seem to suggest murder.

Hoping for a resolution to this case in 2015! The family deserves no less than that.

As, to name just two, I don't think I've holla'd at these long-time Jamison-case savants in awhile, HAPPY NEW YEAR LITTLE AND SOUL!! (And to everyone here, too, all each of you.)

As, when the "dried flower" detail was published, I was in the middle of an extended hospital stay and hooked to a morphine drip (whee! btw), I don't remember anything about this odd little detail except the odd little detail itself. So what else do we know about it? Facts? Speculation? Dame Rumor's rumor mill? As Outdoors in Nature seems a perfectly acceptable place to find a dried flower, I'm prepared to write this off as being about as important as Madyson's picture, i.e., not at all, unless swayed otherwise by convincing argument. (Or bribed with a Hershey bar.)

Hit me with what you got, peeps.
The dried flower was mentioned in an article from Enid news, but I cannot get it to pull up anymore.

It would not be unusual for a 5 year girl to pick a flower and put it in their hair or pocket. This would be my best guess as to where they found it. Had it been in her hand, it would have been lost to decomp and the elements, imo. We should remember they did not find the bodies intact and not all the bones were still there.

I would like to add I find it difficult to believe the 3 skulls were in a line face down in the mud and I cannot find any mention of it by LE or the ME. The ME clearly states there was animal activity.

The bones showed evidence of post-mortem damage due to animals, according to the report.

http://www.newson6.com/story/260258...imer-county-family-missing-since-2009-unknown

The ME says the cause of death is unknown, because of incomplete skeletal remains, and the manner of death is unknown, as well.

http://www.newson6.com/story/259360...ounty-identified-as-family-missing-since-2009

BBM

From The Eufaula Indian Journal Jan. 9, 2014 written by Jerry Fink quoting the hunter (Tim Graham ) that found skelton remains.

The skeletons were on top of the ground, but sunk a little bit into the soil from being there so long Graham said, they had settled into the ground face down. All I could see was the back of their heads. He said there were three skulls one big one a smaller one and a small one. The big one had a hole on the top of the head. Graham said lawmen tried to tell him it could have been from a coyote, aint no coyote did that said Graham. I rolled it over with my foot and saw the eye socket I called to Sherri and said I found a human skull she came up and sure enough it was a human skull, she took a step and found a femur bone I glanced to my right an found another one , Sherri says lets get the hell out of here, my wife took off down the first hill and found another one. The skeltons were about 75 years from the road,It was in a wooded area by golly a trail went right to it.

I found this post which mentioned the skeletons being face down, but no link yet.
Wasn't the original article in a hunting type magazine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper