Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not from around here, are you? :floorlaugh:

Seriously though, our state ME's office has been an ongoing embarrassment for many years.

Deteriorating Oklahoma Medical Examiner facility leaves more than 1,000 families waiting for answers

Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's Office: Timeline of Turmoil

Medical Examiner's Office Fails Accreditation

Positive ID in this case may take a while. Of the six sets of remains pulled from two cars found in Foss Lake on September 17, only one of the missing persons is no longer listed on NamUs. The profiles of the other five are still active.

For those of you not from around here....Yes, this is a well known problem in OK. A joke really. It was brought to the public eye when the freezers broke several years back, and the state was like ummm, we need temporary stations for how many???

Above portion BBM for focus..

IMO I could definitely see this as a legitimate, plausible possibility..jmo.

A light bulb went on while I was typing that post. If the bodies did lie in the area of the HRD alerts for four days, and then were moved, scent might be the only trace of them left in their original location. Well, it depends on COD, and whether there was blood that soaked into the soil. I'd been thinking the HRD alerts might be false hits, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm sorry I started the coordinate confusion. I'm really screwing up this week!

I can't wait to see what Tulessa finds out!

I'm sorry I started the coordinate confusion. I'm really screwing up this week!

I can't wait to see what Tulessa finds out!

Oh, me neither!

I've been half laughing and half squirming since I saw your blog post, lol. That was my own fault, really. I shouldn't have been in such a hurry that day, but I was brand new to this case and not up to speed yet and was just so happy to be able to contribute something. :facepalm:

The irony of that blog post is that it's based on one of my most embarrassing FAIL posts here on WS.

Looking at the location that was indicated yesterday on a topographical map, there doesn't seem to be much of a slope. It's a relatively flat area.

OkieGranny, I've revised the blog to remove the reference to you and to emphasize that the locations are MY estimations only. I'm very sorry for all the upset. My location is not based on any error you may or may not have made, it was after hours of reading lots of posts, scouring Google earth, considering other's opinions.

The location I marked is a steep incline, within 200 linear feet the elevation goes from 680 ft to 880 ft above sea level. I suck at algebra but that's pretty steep.

While I do not know the exact coordinates of where the remains were found, this is all just my own opinion. :)

Multiple and scattered HRD hits aren't necessarily due to scattered remains; it has to do with the dispersal of the scent and where it lingers or doesn't linger. I refer again to MTRTA Manager's posts in the Brandon Swanson case:

"These are areas where certified Human Remains Detection dogs displayed behavior consistent with interest in human remains. We have over 500 points of interest in this case [<-----note: this is just for one missing person!], which is a staggering amount. Why so many? The constant, driving winds in the area have moved scent great distances and caused the scent picture to be quite confusing."

This S&R person also mentioned in another post that scent can "pool" in low-lying areas because it doesn't get blown around as much.

So, that's how that works. I had no idea until I read that thread, it was fascinating.

Also, as I understand it, HRD dogs are able to detect the residual scent of a dead human body very soon after death -- long before what we think of as "decomposition" would occur.

P.S. Dogs are amazing. I am in awe of these animals and the folks who train them.

Interesting. Maybe they did die there. If they were shot at the clue area they could have left blood on the soil which would decompose and the trigger the dogs even if the bodies were removed immediately after the shooting. If they were killed at the truck and left for 3 or 4 days wouldn't we expect the dogs to indicate a clue? If we assume that they bled wherever they fell it seems like the scent from decomposing blood soaked into the ground would linger for a long time.

If only we could see all of the surveillance tape(s)!

Noticed something that's just one of those things that make you go hmmm. Somewhere I read that Bobby was suing his parents because he worked for years at the business without compensation because he was supposed to have part ownership in the business eventually, that his parents had sold it as part of their divorce. From what I understand he had just recently gotten disability and a back settlement from that. So how did they make a living all of those years he worked without compensation?? I wonder how long Sherilynn had been on disability.

Also, the storage container in front of the house. Wonder if that was put there more for privacy or protection. Who puts an ugly old storage container to be used as a storage shed in front of a beautiful home when they obviously had plenty of room there to put it out back or somewhere on the side of the house?

Just those little things that make me go hmmm??

I think they edited out the trip to the truck that showed the briefcase/satchel so they could conceal tye description.

Seeing both camera angles does clear up the whole "other person" for me. Thanks OkieGranny for posting both of them!

And here's everything from Camera 2:

2d87ebbd-ee9f-4e2c-a3b9-1a4edb52f7a7_zps2df7acba.png
baf51e53-54f7-4747-8846-0b5251920915_zps96f48cd4.png
e9480a2d-1b01-478d-b7e5-99a23ef5b66d_zps3153fdce.png

225220c4-5de8-47ae-9d72-28cb038d9f5b_zps3c55cb59.png
02e679c9-7166-450e-a225-b276fdf3c974_zps91816e0e.png
70551ebc-f74f-47aa-b4d4-735d74b31817_zps8ede2ad5.png

a0572bf7-f465-41f5-bf48-aac173a7bdfc_zpsc15dae4d.png
36a89061-a462-4079-be6a-acb64f4f4c04_zps1426ceec.png

From the Disappeared episode:

http://youtu.be/TOkHqsCOjns

Are the headlights on?

Because in the other set they are not. I do not think both these shirts are bobby. The shoes in one photo have white on them and the other photo they don't.

Are the thread margins blown or has my bad living just finally caught up to me?

You're not from around here, are you? :floorlaugh:

Seriously though, our state ME's office has been an ongoing embarrassment for many years.

Deteriorating Oklahoma Medical Examiner facility leaves more than 1,000 families waiting for answers

Oklahoma State Medical Examiner's Office: Timeline of Turmoil

Medical Examiner's Office Fails Accreditation

Positive ID in this case may take a while. Of the six sets of remains pulled from two cars found in Foss Lake on September 17, only one of the missing persons is no longer listed on NamUs. The profiles of the other five are still active.

The 5 of the 6 remains that are still unidentified don't serve as an indicator for the ones found in November. It sounds like the 1 that was identified likely had DNA on file to which they could match a name to and the Jamisons have DNA on file. So the fact that a match was found regardless of how inept and or lazy LE is out there, the ME seems to be quite efficient and to add to that, the ME had already begun examining the remains the Monday after they were found

Are the thread margins blown or has my bad living just finally caught up to me?

I'm sorry, wfgodot. That's probably my fault, from posting the video pics. It looks normal on my screen, so maybe it depends on which browser you use?

The 5 of the 6 remains that are still unidentified don't serve as an indicator for the ones found in November. It sounds like the 1 that was identified likely had DNA on file to which they could match a name to and the Jamisons have DNA on file. So the fact that a match was found regardless of how inept and or lazy LE is out there, the ME seems to be quite efficient and to add to that, the ME had already begun examining the remains the Monday after they were found

Just trying not to get my hopes up for a quick ID, in case it doesn't happen that way.

It does not appear that our ME's office moves high-profile cases to the front of the line, though.

I'm sorry, wfgodot. That's probably my fault, from posting the video pics. It looks normal on my screen, so maybe it depends on which browser you use?
That's okay! Quite possibly depends on browser - Chrome here isn't "taking well" to it. Alerted to mods to see if they could reconcile the issue but nothing yet.

I've been looking at the roads near the clue area on Google Earth. It looks like there are at least two pretty good routes from the HRD clues to the probable location of the Jamison's remains. However, I have not yet found a reasonably direct road/path from the location of the truck to the clues. There is a ridge north of the well location that runs east/west and it is between the well location and the clues. The routes that I have found so far between the two locations all seem to circle around the ridge. The bottom line is that I have not found what looks like a route that the Jamisons might have walked as a short hike from their truck to the HRD clue area. It is stretching my imagination a little to think that someone drove them to the clue area to execute them, and then decided to load them up and transport them to their final resting place.

I don't want to seem like I'm trying to find work for people, but maybe when Tulessa speaks to the Sheriff's office she could also ask them what ever happened with the clues.

Can someone else call them and see what they tell you? I'm seriously getting P.O. Granny? How efficient are they there? Hubby is ex LE, and he says they may not want to give out this information. He's not making things better either! Snickering when I get told to call back, or put on hold GRRRRRR!

This is downright crazy! Would they be covering for one of their own? I'm so frustrated right now!

Ohhhhhhh! Wait!! I call call after hours correct? If so, I can get some one new to talk to!!

I've been looking at the roads near the clue area on Google Earth. It looks like there are at least two pretty good routes from the HRD clues to the probable location of the Jamison's remains. However, I have not yet found a reasonably direct road/path from the location of the truck to the clues. There is a ridge north of the well location that runs east/west and it is between the well location and the clues. The routes that I have found so far between the two locations all seem to circle around the ridge. The bottom line is that I have not found what looks like a route that the Jamisons might have walked as a short hike from their truck to the HRD clue area. It is stretching my imagination a little to think that someone drove them to the clue area to execute them, and then decided to load them up and transport them to their final resting place.

I don't want to seem like I'm trying to find work for people, but maybe when Tulessa speaks to the Sheriff's office she could also ask them what ever happened with the clues.

Perhaps the original intent was to leave the bodies at the first location, but the perp(s) had second thoughts as the days passed, and only then decided to move them?

Can someone else call them and see what they tell you? I'm seriously getting P.O. Granny? How efficient are they there? Hubby is ex LE, and he says they may not want to give out this information. He's not making things better either! Snickering when I get told to call back, or put on hold GRRRRRR!

What are they telling you? Is she still in a meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy