OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who doesn't love little? ;) And stupid question, what does MSM stand for? I'm cringing as I type that, because I know I am gonna SMH when I get the response. lol

Who doesn't love little? ;) And stupid question, what does MSM stand for? I'm cringing as I type that, because I know I am gonna SMH when I get the response. lol
MSM refers to "mainstream media," i.e. daily newspapers; TV networks; proven-reliable online sites; that sort of thing.

MSM refers to "mainstream media," i.e. daily newspapers; TV networks; proven-reliable online sites; that sort of thing.

I didn't know what MSM was either. Thanks for asking, MEL! :woohoo:

As for me, I couldn't solve the problem of exiting a room with doors ajar and windows wide open, so I'm happy to provide the little I do know "for the cause," lol.

As for me, I couldn't solve the problem of exiting a room with doors ajar and windows wide open, so I'm happy to provide the little I do know "for the cause," lol.

wfgodot, you might want to have that issue checked out by a doc... that's a touch worrisome. (We love our wfgodot too much to have them lost in their room!!)
But it did make me think of something, and I have no idea really why- except that I always envision wfgodot sitting in a library somewhere smoking a pipe and now I know you're there cause you can't get out.

Anyway, I went back through some of the past search areas, and realized how much I was concerned about Smokestack Hollow. (That would be N35.0301/W95.2283 for you GPS-ers...)

Thoughts anyone?

wfgodot, you might want to have that issue checked out by a doc... that's a touch worrisome. (We love our wfgodot too much to have them lost in their room!!)
But it did make me think of something, and I have no idea really why- except that I always envision wfgodot sitting in a library somewhere smoking a pipe and now I know you're there cause you can't get out.

Anyway, I went back through some of the past search areas, and realized how much I was concerned about Smokestack Hollow. (That would be N35.0301/W95.2283 for you GPS-ers...)

Thoughts anyone?

I wonder how deep that water is. It looks like marshy mud. Any particular reason you key in on this place? And would anyone know of 1) a place known as 'Titans Holler or Hollow'? 2) If there might be a known group of people who live as confederate soldiers with the titles, authentic looking uniforms and the whole 9 yards?

I wonder how deep that water is. It looks like marshy mud. Any particular reason you key in on this place? And would anyone know of 1) a place known as 'Titans Holler or Hollow'? 2) If there might be a known group of people who live as confederate soldiers with the titles, authentic looking uniforms and the whole 9 yards?

Is that in the Enid area?

And the reason for my interest in the Smokestack Hollow area is because I don't think it was effectively cleared. The water level depends a lot on the weather- rain/snow melt/time of year etc.

Thoughts anyone?

How far from where the truck was found, is Smokestack Hollow?

I can't find a "Titan Hollow" in OK. I'll keep looking.

Smokestack actually runs sort of perpendicular to where the truck was found- and it's about a mile out, but there are a lot of elevation changes, and it's very 'curvy' so factor that in. There is also a gas well/drill line that runs just E of there- as well as one that runs W.
That part of Smokestack is a muddy mess of...everything. Mud, water, trash. I mean- things like empty bottles, wrappers etc. Not 'trashed'- but definately there is/are humans who have been there. Unless a bear or two dragged a trash bag down (always a possibility, I guess.)

Smokestack actually runs sort of perpendicular to where the truck was found- and it's about a mile out, but there are a lot of elevation changes, and it's very 'curvy' so factor that in. There is also a gas well/drill line that runs just E of there- as well as one that runs W.
That part of Smokestack is a muddy mess of...everything. Mud, water, trash. I mean- things like empty bottles, wrappers etc. Not 'trashed'- but definately there is/are humans who have been there. Unless a bear or two dragged a trash bag down (always a possibility, I guess.)

Wow! I never knew that! It sounds like a dumping ground!

I suppose it could be trash that flew out the back of a truck or that sort of thing and ended up there. But I usually think 'party sites', when there are beer cans of different brands, ciagrette butts, you know? In this case, I would think maybe a party site just above at a higher elevation? Of course that's just my very humble opinion.

Mostly, it just reminds me that the area is not as 'desolate' as people sometimes think. Rural, yes. But people are there.

Sentinels
Big Cedar

I heard it as 'Holler' - but I figured that was hillbilly slang for Hollow..... lol Maybe it is Holler. You are one good egg, Little.

I found one outside of Rattan, OK- but not sure if its actually named that or is local slang for an area just southwest of there. :waitasec:

What's the context? TIA.

Do you mean Cedar Creek? Virginia? Or Spiro Mounds? Or?
Could you attach a link so we know the reference? TIA.

i think what Jack is talking about is south of Heavener, in the mountains between Heavener and Talimena drive. i don't know why they call it Big Cedar, and i don't see it referenced that way on the map, but that is where it is.

eta: well, i can guess why they call it Big Cedar :)

i think what Jack is talking about is south of Heavener, in the mountains between Heavener and Talimena drive. i don't know why they call it Big Cedar, and i don't see it referenced that way on the map, but that is where it is.

eta: well, i can guess why they call it Big Cedar :)

Something like this?
http://www.unitedcountry.com/RecreationalProperty/Oklahoma/Muse%20Oklahoma-35018-69640.htm

As in perhaps the Jamisons looked at property there?

ETA: this property/co has no relevance that I know of to the Jamison's case- just using it as an example of the area.

I found one outside of Rattan, OK- but not sure if its actually named that or is local slang for an area just southwest of there. :waitasec:

What's the context? TIA.

I knew it was bound to happen once I started doing more than just 'following' this case. Most notes I've taken regarding this mystery are stored in my head and sadly, you are making me realize that I am not as young and sharp as I used to be (among other things.... lol) I will try to remember or find it again. IIRC, it was in some kind of a forum. I know this helps you magnitudes, huh? Sorry. Looking now. :pullhair:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste