OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article says a different county. Maybe they were found right across the county line.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is investigating after three bodies were discovered in a grave near Quinton, Oklahoma in rural Pittsburg County.

http://www.okcfox.com/story/23993567/osbi-investigating-three-bodies-discovered-in-pittsburg-county

Pittsburg County is wrong. It's too far west. The Latimer County line runs east to west across this mountain and the next county to the north is Haskell. Judging by mtrooper's description, the remains were found very near the county line. Hard to say on which side without GPS coordinates.

ETA: Just noticed the Quinton vs. Kinta on the town, too. The two towns are 8 miles apart, with Quinton being in the wrong direction. Their "investigative reporter" really blew it on this one.

Investigators were able to access the area Sunday morning and identified the remains of two adults and one child. They were continuing to search the area Sunday afternoon for any possible evidence.

The area was very rugged and mountainous, making the search very difficult and time consuming,” he said

There was nothing at the scene to indicate the identity of the deceased, but we are looking at the possibility of these remains belonging to the Jamison family,” Perkinson said

http://newsok.com/skeletal-remains-found-in-latimer-county-could-be-missing-eufaula-family-osbi-says/article/3905849

Next article
The location of the grave was just a few miles from Panola mountain. That's the site where the Jamison family's truck was found abandoned four years ago.
The Latimer County Sheriff, whose county has the original missing persons case, confirms bodies were found but said the OSBI is in charge of the case.
The OSBI confirmed that the skeletal remains of two adults and one child were discovered by hunters Saturday afternoon near in a mountainous area near Quinton. The OSBI says the remains have been turned over to the medical examiner to determine the cause of death and their identities. OSBI officials say they are investigating whether the bodies are the Jamisons
http://www.okcfox.com/story/23993567/osbi-investigating-three-bodies-discovered-in-pittsburg-county

I remember reading on this thread (or maybe one of the previous ones) that the land the Jamisons were interested in purchasing actually WASN'T up for sale.

Is this true? And if so does anyone have a source on it?

Did LE say that they were "in a grave"? Or, just that they found 3 bodies.....because that would change the possible implications of what transpired IMO.....

I saw grave ,other keywords suck out ,investigating was among those key words.
I would not rule out murder suicide at this point.
I don't know . Any other state ,I might have had a chance at random guessing.

Justthinkin, this is the first time I've heard or read about Scott's name being painted on the truck. I'm going to look at the truck again. Interesting!

I pulled this from way , not to far , back.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry about it.
All the talk about spray paint cans , and Sherlyn's antics. Is it a clue to something or was it her sprite spirit?

All the talk about spray paint cans , and Sherlyn's antics. Is it a clue to something or was it her sprite spirit?
snip (again!)

Exactly. Exactly and wonderfully put.

Brings back the many times on these Jamisons threads that we have wondered together, wondered, all of us, these past several years.

All the hard work you guys did!

So bittersweet, reading now, now that we find that they think they are found.

The Jamisons were found lying on the ground and not buried in the ground.

TRIGGER ALERT
If you haven't read the past articles about the Jamisons' attempt to buy "spiritual" bullets to kill the demons and spirits that were harassing them, you should. Their pastor, neighbors, and news photos of the rental storage shed in which they lived (on the driveway of their nice home :smh: ) are also evidence to this. This couple was OBVIOUSLY in need of intense mental health treatment. People with delusional disorders and mood disorders are at high risk of killing themselves.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

bobby and Sherilyn Jamison and their 6-year-old daughter, Madyson, disappeared in October 2009 while looking for a plot of land for sale in the Sansbois Mountains in northern Latimer County.

Eight days after they were last seen alive, Bobby Jamison's pickup was found abandoned at a well site. His wallet, Sherilyn Jamison's purse, a cellphone, a GPS unit, clothing and a bank bag stuffed with $32,000 were found in the pickup. The family dog was also in there, barely alive.

Perkinson said the remains were found less than three miles from where the pickup was discovered.

http://newsok.com/skeletal-remains-...sing-eufaula-family-osbi-says/article/3905849

to me does not sound like a murder suicide

The Jamisons were found lying on the ground and not buried in the ground.

TRIGGER ALERT
If you haven't read the past articles about the Jamisons' attempt to buy "spiritual" bullets to kill the demons and spirits that were harassing them, you should. Their pastor, neighbors, and news photos of the rental storage shed in which they lived (on the driveway of their nice home :smh: ) are also evidence to this. This couple was OBVIOUSLY in need of intense mental health treatment. People with delusional disorders and mood disorders are at high risk of killing themselves.

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse
where did u read this

bobby and Sherilyn Jamison and their 6-year-old daughter, Madyson, disappeared in October 2009 while looking for a plot of land for sale in the Sansbois Mountains in northern Latimer County.

Eight days after they were last seen alive, Bobby Jamison's pickup was found abandoned at a well site. His wallet, Sherilyn Jamison's purse, a cellphone, a GPS unit, clothing and a bank bag stuffed with $32,000 were found in the pickup. The family dog was also in there, barely alive.

Perkinson said the remains were found less than three miles from where the pickup was discovered.

http://newsok.com/skeletal-remains-...sing-eufaula-family-osbi-says/article/3905849

to me does not sound like a murder suicide
(Respectfully asked) What would sound like a murder suicide to you (involving people who spray painted saying with religious overtones, demons, and witches all over the rental storage shed in which they lived on the driveway of their nice home which was very inhabitable)?

This couple was not mentally healthy. It angers me that after hearing and witnessing their bizarre behavior that more wasn't done by their family, pastor, and neighbors to get them admitted to a psych hospital. Yes, it's not against the law to be crazy, but the police will take delusional people to the ER in Oklahoma. ER docs in Oklahoma will involuntarily hole delusional people and medication will be started during their involuntary admission. Will these patients stay for more treatment after their involuntary hold is released and they are deemed to be mentally competent? That's always unknown, but the neighbors, their pastor, and their relatives should have TRIED to get them mental health treatment. I've read everything (including gossip sites) about this family and no where can I find that their neighbors, pastor, and/or relatives tried to get them mental health treatment. That's just WRONG, IMO. It takes a village (and I don't like Hillary, but THAT statement is true). Someday one of the neighbors' or pastor's family members could be dangerously mentally ill. They will expect that their loved ones' neighbors and pastor make an effort to get them mental health treatment. Grrrrr….I'm ranting now, so I'll hush.

Pensfan
verified and SAD psychiatric mental health nurse

The family, sadly was having trouble. He was severely injured in a disabling car crash. They were losing their home and were looking to buy a piece of land to put a container home on, to live in. This is the episode of 'Disappeared' that features the Jamisons. They are portrayed as drug addicts, both with serious mental illness.

Disappeared 02x10 - Paradise Lost - The Jamison family - YouTube

Now, for all their hardship, and her bi-polar, murder/suicide comes to mind. However, I just don't see them walking more than 2 miles over rough terrain. It was impossible for him to walk a few yards without pain. It appears, by the direction of their vehicle, that they were intercepted leaving the property and taken to where they have been found.

Ok, then who knew they were out looking at land with cash. Were they lured to the location by a potential seller? Was the killers intent to rob, rape or just kill? The cash is left behind with the family dog. Why kill them if you haven't gotten the money from them?

Or, did they just walk and walk and walk, until they dropped. No, If they walked away, they would have taken the dog along.

Severely injured in a disabling car wreck = pain and depression. Google Major Depressive Disorder and psychotic features. I have read that Sheryl was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. If they were being chased by the demons and spirits for which they tried to buy "magic bullets", Bobby might have been able to walk 3 miles. It might have taken them all day to walk that far. It is also possible that he had a pistol held to him forcing him to walk that far. Sheryl wasn't afraid to wave her pistol. She'd done that before.

Severely injured in a disabling car wreck = pain and depression. Google Major Depressive Disorder and psychotic features. I have read that Sheryl was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. If they were being chased by the demons and spirits for which they tried to buy "magic bullets", Bobby might have been able to walk 3 miles. It might have taken them all day to walk that far. It is also possible that he had a pistol held to him forcing him to walk that far. Sheryl wasn't afraid to wave her pistol around. She'd done that before.

Yes, all true. And the speculation was, according to the home surveillance, they were both high on meth when they went up there. (That's according to the LE Officer interviewed in the "Disappeared" episode.)

Severely injured in a disabling car wreck = pain and depression. Google Major Depressive Disorder and psychotic features.

Yes, in the Disappeared episode Bobby's depression due to chronic pain is alluded to rather strongly. Sherilyn's bi-polar disorder is also talked about.

Mental health issues are something many people struggle with. I am sure most of us here on this board have a friend or family member who has struggled with something similar. I know we are all aware of the negative stigma associated with mental illness, and I hope we can avoid that here. It doesn't make an individual any less valuable as a person and it does not make the Jamison's disappearance (& probable death) any less tragic.

It seems the family may not have had dental records (due to bodies must be identified with DNA).. and also considering that Madyson was pulled out of school to be homeschooled, I get the impression that the Jamison's were not a fan of societal "norms". This explains to me why they may not have sought or followed-through with medicine or therapy for their mental health issues (IDK if they did or did not & to what extent.. JMO). Many people suffering from mental health disorders such as major depression or bi-polar disorder are able to still live a "normal" and productive life if they follow a course of treatment recommended and supervised by mental health professionals. It is sad that it does not seem like the Jamison's were getting the treatment they may have needed (although Sherilyn must have seen the doctor at some point in order to be diagnosed with bi-polar).

Pensfan, thank you for your valuable insight as a professional in the mental health field! :loveyou:

"Because of the strange events surrounding the disappearance, lack of evidence, and (what’s viewed as) secretiveness about certain aspects about the case, some people have drawn the conclusion this is a double murder/suicide. However, just as many others have concluded the Jamisons are now a part of the federal witness protection program or because of their alleged fascination with death just before going missing, suspect they may have fallen prey to Satanic cults residing in hidden lairs in the Oklahoma mountains."

http://truecrimezine.com/missing-jamison-family/

"Because of the strange events surrounding the disappearance, lack of evidence, and (what’s viewed as) secretiveness about certain aspects about the case, some people have drawn the conclusion this is a double murder/suicide. However, just as many others have concluded the Jamisons are now a part of the federal witness protection program or because of their alleged fascination with death just before going missing, suspect they may have fallen prey to Satanic cults residing in hidden lairs in the Oklahoma mountains."

http://truecrimezine.com/missing-jamison-family/
There aren't hidden lairs south of I-40 because everyone knows everyone else's business. lol (I've lived there.)

Scoot over. I'm joining you two.

I am sure we have the room, SuziQ!

snip (again!)

Exactly. Exactly and wonderfully put.

Brings back the many times on these Jamisons threads that we have wondered together, wondered, all of us, these past several years.

All the hard work you guys did!

So bittersweet, reading now, now that we find that they think they are found.

wfgodot, wonderfully put, as always, my dear friend.

I am just shocked. The McStay case really bothers me, and now this one. I haven't posted much about this case, but I have read along and followed everyone's hard work. I just want to thank everyone for their dedication to bringing the Jamison family home.

The family, sadly was having trouble. He was severely injured in a disabling car crash. They were losing their home and were looking to buy a piece of land to put a container home on, to live in. This is the episode of 'Disappeared' that features the Jamisons. They are portrayed as drug addicts, both with serious mental illness.

Disappeared 02x10 - Paradise Lost - The Jamison family - YouTube

Now, for all their hardship, and her bi-polar, murder/suicide comes to mind. However, I just don't see them walking more than 2 miles over rough terrain. It was impossible for him to walk a few yards without pain. It appears, by the direction of their vehicle, that they were intercepted leaving the property and taken to where they have been found.

Ok, then who knew they were out looking at land with cash. Were they lured to the location by a potential seller? Was the killers intent to rob, rape or just kill? The cash is left behind with the family dog. Why kill them if you haven't gotten the money from them?

Or, did they just walk and walk and walk, until they dropped. No, If they walked away, they would have taken the dog along.

After studying missing people and murdered people over many years, I've come to believe that there is a victim mentality but it's in the unconscious realm.
So the idea or even FACT that they had all these issues or that the McStays had big time problems too, doesn't belie the fact that they were murdered and it was homicide (at least in the McStay case) I believe the FBI has a dept. dedicated to studying the habits and the depressed natures of many victims just before they vanished.

What we have when someone goes missing, is a dissection of a person's life, (like Steven Koechner) esp. so when an entire family. And when we do that we will undoubtedly find all manners of troubles that none of us might have ourselves, yet they do and did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member