OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, 8 Oct 2009 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the handyman follow them that morning and fulfill his threat to kill her? LE said he has a good alibi.

If this is the Jamisons, murder-suicide, while possible considering the issues of both parents, still seems quite odd to me. Why not just do it near the truck? Why walk miles over rugged terrain, including a mountain? Of course, who knows the minds of someone who is so "out of their mind" that they would kill their family and then themselves. At any rate, hopefully the forensic examination of the remains and the scene will be able to provide a definitive conclusion as to what happened. Such a sad, sad story.

Best friend says they wanted to 'Start Over Fresh'.

Beauchamp says someone drove up that road and blocked them from leaving. Taking them at gunpoint.

Best friend says they wanted to 'Start Over Fresh'.

Beauchamp says someone drove up that road and blocked them from leaving. Taking them at gunpoint.

That is also a common theme for people who are murdered!

Think of the guy (medical student) who killed that pretty young girl who wouldn't turn over her money in the hotel room after she would post on Craig's List for business. He only went to rob people and not have sex with them as I recall. This one, the only one he killed!

She was "turning her life around, starting a new leaf" her friends said.

Perhaps the soul is ready to move on, is my gut feeling on it. Of course, that's just (imo) and about 99.9% of the people would not agree with me anyway.:facepalm:

Just thinking out loud...

Means, Motive and Opportunity

Means
Intercepted on the road as they are leaving, and taken at gunpoint. Forced to get into another vehicle and driven 20 miles to ...

Motive (Love, Money, Revenge, Enjoyment)
Why were they taken? Her friend said she felt they were killed and the child was taken. Was the child the target?

Opportunity
Such a remote location, is either random or well planned, as in, they were followed that morning. They spent 20 minutes up on the plateau before going back to the truck and driving off down the single lane road. Was someone watching them?

Here's what the UK tabloid version of this story looks like:

Skeletons found in remote Oklahoma mountains believed to be family of three that vanished in 2009 amid rumors of witchcraft and drug use
• Bobby and Sherilyn Jamison and their daughter Madyson, 6, disappeared in October 2009
• Investigators found their truck days after they vanished, but never discovered their bodies despite a massive search
• Hunter came across three skeletons Saturday in the Sans Bois Mountains near where the family was last seen
• After the disappearance, family's pastor said the Jamisons were involved in witchcraft
• '3 cats killed to date buy (sic) people in this area … Witches don’t like there black cat killed' was found near their home

With pictures, as always, from Daily Mail.

But if the child was "taken" then why was the child found with them?
I think this is probably painfully simple.

Extremely mentally ill parents that nobody made an effort to help.
A child that nobody made an effort to protect.

A family that likely died of exposure during a delusional, possibly drug induced trip to the mountain.

I just hope Madyson was not scared. :please:

(Question, is there an older son in this case as well?
There is the older boy in a couple of family pictures...
That would be another thing in common with the McStay family.)

The distance they were found from the truck is the only thing that makes me doubt murder-suicide (though I'm not ruling it out.)

I wonder if we'll ever know what happened... :(

I definitely think mental illness could factor a murder suicide in this case. However, mentally ill people also becomes victims of crime. IMO, having a mental illness can directly lead to becoming a victim of crime.

I definitely think mental illness could factor a murder suicide in this case. However, mentally ill people also becomes victims of crime. IMO, having a mental illness can directly lead to becoming a victim of crime.

That is very true. People become vulnerable to injury for so many reasons. :(

This looks like a drug deal gone wrong. Mentally ill parents who were likely on drugs going to a remote area to meet a dealer? Pay a debt? I work in mental health/substance abuse and oftentimes, the two go hand in hand. Methamphetamine makes people paranoid. If a person is already mentally fragile, drugs can do a whole lot of damage fairly quickly. I'm betting there was an opiate addiction in there as well with all father's back injury and chronic pain. Just my 2 cents.

The weight loss, shared delusions and hallucinations, and erratic behavior look like drugs to me. It's extremely rare for 2 people to share delusions. Possible but rare. No matter the cause, they shouldn't have been killed. Hopefully LE can figure it out but I'm guessing we may never know.

In Oklahoma, driving around with $30,000+ in cash under the front seat of one's vehicle also points to drugs.

And they didn't just look thin. They looked strung out. Poor kid; I bet she saw a lot.:(

That is also a common theme for people who are murdered!

Think of the guy (medical student) who killed that pretty young girl who wouldn't turn over her money in the hotel room after she would post on Craig's List for business. He only went to rob people and not have sex with them as I recall. This one, the only one he killed!

She was "turning her life around, starting a new leaf" her friends said.

Perhaps the soul is ready to move on, is my gut feeling on it. Of course, that's just (imo) and about 99.9% of the people would not agree with me anyway.:facepalm:

A bit OT:

This reminds me of a friend I had 15 years ago. She said that she was "ready to go, to leave" ... she didn't know whereto, just had this feeling. A few days later she was diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas, 3 months later she was dead.

I also heard from a friend who's friend was stabbed to death that he had openly expressed a death wish before he was killed.

To me it makes sense that people sometimes have a kind of vague knowledge that something profound is about to happen in their lives. Like you said earlier, it comes from an unconscious level, which might then push them into situations that make them vulnerable to crime or accident.

In this case, with mental illness a possibility and a fascination with death, it might have contributed to the situation they found themselves in on that mountain.

Not to excuse crime or violence here, just thinking aloud about "victim mentality". It's a very interesting subject!

There is not a passable road (by vehicle) that would connect where the truck was found to where the bodies were located. It is at least 20 miles by vehicle. 2.5ish miles as the crow flies. I am looking for a better map to explain. The Jamisons went missing on one side of the mountain and were found at the bottom of the other side. The GPS coords are correct. Give me a few. As far as the word "grave", my best thought would be think four years of leaves and debris. Its not like hunters stumbled upon a depression in the terrain and decided to dig.

bumping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members