OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can get Sherilyns moms phone number. Would it be against policy for me to call her? I am with a registered non-profit agency called Track Missing, so I am in the field of missing persons.
You could ask one of the mods to see what they say.
I'm not sure if it would do anything as Sherilyn's mom doesn't seem so keen on pressuring the media to cover her daughter & family's case. A 6 year old girl is missing with them, you'd think it would get more coverage, yet it still doesn't =(

This case has got me stumped. I am trying to look at it from all angles.

Did they meet with foul play? This is possible with all the belongings that they left in the truck. They are gone for a long period of time and no word or sight of them. The man that lived with them for a while could be or is a POI. Is he the only one , though? Where are their bodies, is another question, could they be in that oil mine?

Murder Suicide- furthest thing from my mind at this time.

Voluntary disappearance/staged - At this time nothing points to them running from anyone or anything. It couldn't be that they were involved in criminal activity (holding up an armored car) or bank? (The money)

They may have been on disability but for them to have this kind of money doesn't seem right with out a source of the money.

It seems that Bobby was on the outs with his parents and Sherilynn must not have been tight with her parents.

I agree with you that it is a stumper!

If true Sherilyn's mother made those remarks about a murder-suicide (which can't believe that she did if it was from Topix) that would shady.
Why would a mother think and voice one of the worst things that could happen to her daughter and her grandbaby? Most have hope they will be found alive somewhere.
Honestly i don't think it was a murder-suicide either.

Disability between both Bobby and Sherilynn doesn't seem to be enough to own a lot of timeshares. They may have been good at budgeting, or did Ebay or had some kind of work they did on the side to supplement their income. Bobby did win the auto accident lawsuit, not sure if he would do stocks.

People on SSD or SSI have a cap on how much income they can make before they take away their check or have to pay a spend down. I'm not sure how it varies from state to state, although i'm sure it does. It most likely varies depending on which state worker you talk to about it agh!

What i find odd is that Sherilynn moves her mother closer to her, yet her mother doesn't make a fuss that her daughter is missing. Didn't she move her close since her stepdad was messing with her mother's funds?

Bobby is on the outs with his parents, had the restraining order. They are probably older up in age, however are they extremely mobil still? Would they harbor enough resentment to hire a hit man?

I think I can get Sherilyns moms phone number. Would it be against policy for me to call her? I am with a registered non-profit agency called Track Missing, so I am in the field of missing persons.

Is it a listed number, available to anyone via internet White Pages? If so, anyone would be free to call, but, of course, the direction of the conversation would depend on a variety of ethical considerations which the caller would have to consider---or should consider. As for posting the information gleaned from the call on here, I have no idea.

It would be good if your non-profit could at least communicate to her that this case needs publicity or else it's probably going to languish.

I have two possible phone numbers, I am going to go to lunch here in 20 minutes. I will see if either of them are any good. If she moved recently they might both be disconnected.

The only commonality of opinion shared by the Oklahoma populace regarding this and the other unsolved cases is, as my best Okie pal---born and raised down here---said the other day, "Oklahoma LE couldn't find its butt with its hand." People just do not take state or local LE seriously in this state.

I commented early on after listening to a interview that the sheriff did, that I thought he looked very young. I mean he Really looked young. No offense or anything but I just thought it was worth noting.

I sincerely hope that the Astro's will complete a chart for this family. I just don't know why but I have a bad feeling that there is some foul play involved here. I read where they have interviewed the man that was selling the land however, do we know if the person who was selling the land is the last person that saw the family? Do we have any details on the man selling the land? For them to leave all of their belongings in the truck like that I have a feeling they might have exited their truck and gotten into another truck, after all you would take your dog along for a ride in your own vehicle but perhaps someone didn't want the dog in their car and that is why it was left?

Snip- "The Jamisons were last seen by a landowner in the Red Oak area on Oct. 8. A search was launched Oct. 17 after hunters came across the family’s pickup truck at a remote well pad site near a 40-acre plot they were considering buying, Beauchamp said."

http://www.adaeveningnews.com/statenews/local_story_307123415.html

oh, and both of the numbers were wrong, back to the drawing board.

What is Sherilynn's mother's and father's name and hometown?

Connie Kokotan is the mother she used to live in Midwest city, but recently was moved by Sherilyn to be closer. And Doug Duncan is the father he lives in Oklahoma city. I have a couple of numbers to try for him tomorrow. The two numbers I had for Connie were wrong. I would think that she lives in or near Eufaula OK now, but I am not positive. If needed you can e-mail me at trackmissing@hotmail.com

This scenerio kind of reminds me of a short story- "A good man is hard to find" It is a story of a grandma who lives with her son and his family (wife and 2 kids) They plan a trip to Fla. and the grandma wants to go to Ga. or Tn. she remembers a house she use to see when younger. While they are at home getting ready for the trip, she reads a story in the newspaper about 2 escapees from a prison and she makes the comment that maybe they will run into them on their trip. Well while driving, the grandma insists on going down a road swearing that is where this house is. The grandma has brought the family cat along without her son knowing. At one point the cat gets startled and makes the son lose control of the car and they end up in an enbankment. They finally flag down help (at least they thought they did) but these guys were there already. It turns out to be the escapees from the prison. Grandma makes it known that she knows the one is an escapee from his pic in the paper. Well the escapee sees no other solution but to kill them all, one by one. First the one child and mother and then the other child and father and leaves grandma for last.

Ok that story is kinda creepy. I can only hope that is not what happened to this family. I am hoping that they staged the whole thing and are hanging out on a sunny beach in Mexico. Maybe they knew the cops would have found out about the recent money they had ( loan or otherwise) so they had to leave it as to throw suspicion off of them being runaways. Is it likely, no. But Still better than the story above!

What gets me is all that was left in the vehicle, what would the motive be for someone to kill them? The perp would have surely went back and got the money. Obviously not a car jacking, either.

Could Bobby possibly been frauding with his said injuries? This doesn't seem right either as the cops said they weren't in any trouble to cause them to run.

Something is just amiss with this whole ordeal.

Ok that story is kinda creepy. I can only hope that is not what happened to this family. I am hoping that they staged the whole thing and are hanging out on a sunny beach in Mexico. Maybe they knew the cops would have found out about the recent money they had ( loan or otherwise) so they had to leave it as to throw suspicion off of them being runaways. Is it likely, no. But Still better than the story above!

Is Bobby's parents still alive? Only wondering if he brought harm to one or both and had to run.

Or another thought I had, what about the family and the hot air balloon stunt? To get a reality show. Could this be a possible motive for him to take the family and live in the wilderness?

Crazy thought, but at this point ideas are flying.

This scenerio kind of reminds me of a short story- "A good man is hard to find" It is a story of a grandma who lives with her son and his family (wife and 2 kids) They plan a trip to Fla. and the grandma wants to go to Ga. or Tn. she remembers a house she use to see when younger. While they are at home getting ready for the trip, she reads a story in the newspaper about 2 escapees from a prison and she makes the comment that maybe they will run into them on their trip. Well while driving, the grandma insists on going down a road swearing that is where this house is. The grandma has brought the family cat along without her son knowing. At one point the cat gets startled and makes the son lose control of the car and they end up in an enbankment. They finally flag down help (at least they thought they did) but these guys were there already. It turns out to be the escapees from the prison. Grandma makes it known that she knows the one is an escapee from his pic in the paper. Well the escapee sees no other solution but to kill them all, one by one. First the one child and mother and then the other child and father and leaves grandma for last.

Thank you, Debbie for telling us the story "A Good Man is Hard to Find"

It could be possible that serial killer(s) had gotten the family or they came across a complete random thrill killer. We have no bodies so it's hard to tell..

The story reminds me in a way of a Criminal Minds episode where there were 2 brothers (whose father i think it was) taught them to kill, so they were hunting people in a remote area..

The story reminds me in a way of a Criminal Minds episode where there were 2 brothers (whose father i think it was) taught them to kill, so they were hunting people in a remote area..

What a crazy world we live in.

Is Bobby's parents still alive? Only wondering if he brought harm to one or both and had to run.

Or another thought I had, what about the family and the hot air balloon stunt? To get a reality show. Could this be a possible motive for him to take the family and live in the wilderness?

Crazy thought, but at this point ideas are flying.

His parents are accounted for and it's doubtful the family wanted to be on reality tv, they seem like private people.

What i would like to know what was said between the Jamisons when they talked to hunters on the 8th. What kind of convo was it? I would think maybe possibly Bobby mentioned to the hunters they were looking at land.

A hunter or hunters (who reported the truck after 2 weeks) was this the same hunter that talked to them? Did word get around between hunters that they were looking at land there. In small towns, areas, gossip spreads like wildfire. If you aren't from there people will ask you and then everyone knows why you are there.
This is confusing as why wait so long to report the truck..

Something is suspicious. If Bobby had brought a lot more money on him than in the truck, possibly someone stole it and left the amount there to make it look like it wasn't a robbery. Say for example if he had one hundred thousand on him, taking $70,000 and leaving $30,000 behind is still a large amount..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3