OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still catching up and working on my post above ... but did you all see the comment allegedly made by Sherilynn's mom's comment (see Family in my link above) and what did you think of it?

I don't understand how someone could legally take control someone else's property, if the person is not declared dead and/or given her power of attorney or something. And even if the person was declared dead, it would have to go through probate and be divided among the legal heirs, wouldn't it? Who has custody of the 15-year-old?

I was hoping there were answers to who had custody of 15 year old between page 11 (where I currently am reading) and now.

I was hoping there were answers to who had custody of 15 year old between page 11 (where I currently am reading) and now.

Noway:

I want to say a big thank you for doing all this work. A great timeline and links.

I remember reading that the 15 yr old lives in Oklahoma City. I think.
There was not much out there about him.
It may have been from a comment by one of Sherilynn's friends.

As to the mom wanting control of property, that would have to be a whole issue in the courts.
If the family is never found, it is a 7 yr wait before they can be declared legally dead.

I don't promise the lists above contain every link posted in the first thread and here, but it's close.

ETA
For those that don't know ... if you want to, you can bookmark those posts so you have them handy. Just right-click on the post number (18, 19) and choose Bookmark Link. Name it whatever you want to so that you'll be able to find it again!

Could one of the mods use their mod magic and put the Jamison's name in the title of this thread? Just the last name would be fine. Because most people search for threads by name ...

Hey,

I just saw thison TOPIX...I know it is not a reliable source but I think it is worth taking a look at. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/red-oak-ok/TAG238Q0RV9NNM07K/p3

"Rusty shacklford
Tulsa, OK
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#62 Monday Dec 28
Bobby always keept some of his money stashed in his truck. His wife had a spending habbit. Bobby's dad just passed away after bobby came up missing. They had sold alot of land,Old cars.He had alot of cash always.Bobby also had been hurt when his father ran over him. They were looking to buy some land. Near Red Oak.thats all i no.Why you would leave this all behind.????????? I would like to know if the truck had the key's in it.Why is his truck been released to the family. All the LE has to go off of is his truck.

This is the first time I am reading this and am relying mostly on the summary and reading a few of the links provided by noway.

This has to be one of the most bizarre ones I have read and unfortunately there are no simple answers here.

The land purchase
I would have to wonder why a man with a bad back would contemplate even buying land to live in such a rugged terrain. It is not like he would be able to get around well and that does not make sense unless the purpose of the purchase was not to actually live there but as some sort of investment. If he was really interested in the land then there had to have been something about that location that was attractive to him, either something that could be extracted from the land (like minerals) or something grown on the remote land.

Was it ever explained where he got all that cash? It seems like an awfully large sum of money for these people of ordinary means to have had at their disposal. Did they make any large withdrawals? If this cash came from untraceable sources, it was probably illicit proceeds from something.

voluntary disappearance
I see nothing here that would indicate they actually voluntarily disappeared. If you are going to start anew, cash is your best friend. If that was their intent, they did not do it as they would have taken the money with them.

being lured
if someone lured them with the intent to bilk them of their money, they would have at least looked for the cash. Also if someone was looking for goods in the car, I doubt they would have let the dog live. The last thing one needs is a potentially angry dog to greet you as you open a car door.

Along the same lines, if they were somehow commandeered or carjacked, the dog would have to go. So I have my doubts that anyone other than the Jamisons were in that car with the dog.

my hunch
while I could be totally wrong, I think the most likely scenario is that the land deal was tied into something illicit, whether or not the Jamisons were fully aware of it. Someone wanted them dead and when they were in a remote location, they were killed and their bodies disposed of. Whoever did this was not after the Jamison's money and probably had no idea there was cash in the car otherwise they would have taken it.

Hey,

I just saw thison TOPIX...I know it is not a reliable source but I think it is worth taking a look at. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/red-oak-ok/TAG238Q0RV9NNM07K/p3

"Rusty shacklford
Tulsa, OK
Reply »
Bobby always keept some of his money stashed in his truck. His wife had a spending habbit. Bobby's dad just passed away after bobby came up missing. They had sold alot of land,Old cars.He had alot of cash always.Bobby also had been hurt when his father ran over him. They were looking to buy some land. Near Red Oak.thats all i no.Why you would leave this all behind.????????? I would like to know if the truck had the key's in it.Why is his truck been released to the family. All the LE has to go off of is his truck.

So it's possible that the money found was unrelated to them looking to buy 40 acres.

I wonder how many people knew he stashed money in his truck.

eta
I did add this to my post with other Topix links. I saw that Rusty also said that $30k was found ...

Hey,
I would like to know if the truck had the key's in it.

I know they aren't reading replies from Topix questions here, but if anyone is wondering, I just read an article yesterday that said the keys were NOT in the car.

Hey,

"Rusty shacklford
Tulsa, OK
Reply »

I don't know if Rusty S is a friend of Bobby's or not:
But,
if you google Rusty Shacklford, he seems to post in lots of forums.

I read on the first thread that her ex has custody of her son (I believe this was stated by a coworker who was posting there). I'll see if I can find the post and bring it over.

I read on the first thread that her ex has custody of her son (I believe this was stated by a coworker who was posting there). I'll see if I can find the post and bring it over.

Sorry to quote myself, but I cannot find anything about this now. Possibly something I assumed by what was said. If anyone else can verify what I thought I remembered reading, please provide a link. Otherwise, I'll assume I invented that statement. :crazy:

Sorry to quote myself, but I cannot find anything about this now. Possibly something I assumed by what was said. If anyone else can verify what I thought I remembered reading, please provide a link. Otherwise, I'll assume I invented that statement. :crazy:

Don't assume. I remember something also.

Well, the son is a minor anyway, so I won't add him to any updated list. I'd read about him in a comment by his grandmother (Sharilynn's mom) but don't want to add him because I'm not sure he has any connection to this case as far as them being missing.

If you do talk about him by name, remember to use his initials only.

ETA
I refer to those things I know I've read but for which I can't find a link as hallucinations. Sometimes there are others who share my hallucinations. ;)

Rusty Shacklford is the alter-ego of Dale, a character on King of the Hill. I suspect it's a fairly common alias that people who are fans of the show might use.

Rusty Shacklford is the alter-ego of Dale, a character on King of the Hill. I suspect it's a fairly common alias that people who are fans of the show might use.

Oh, good grief, you are right.
That would explain the avatar he used on one site.
Thanks.

Well I know one thing, they didn't just vaporize..so where are they?? How weird.

Noway, I just logged on after a break of a few weeks. Thanks for posting all the work you did on this case.

Prayers that LE finds the answers soon.

"Rusty shacklford
Tulsa, OK
Reply »
... Bobby also had been hurt when his father ran over him ...
<snip>

?? IF it's true, this may tie in with something that's been puzzling me. In thread #1, there is a link to documents related to Bobby Dale Jamison's suit against Bobby Dean Jamison.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oc...=caseGeneral&casemasterID=2470961&db=Oklahoma

Closer to the bottom of the pages, 05-11-2009 "Account", there is a one line entry called AC69 Child Abuse Multidisciplinary Fee. I don't how it relates to the fraud charge (unless defrauding your child, no matter the age, constitutes child abuse), but am wondering if past violence against a plaintiff could be brought into a current legal matter. Has me a bit stumped, but sad to think that anybody could be guilty of running over their own child.

ETA: Sorry, I just kinda blitzed in here, but I've been following the Joe Neff and Joey Rilee Wilson threads, and just spent all day reading Thread #1 on the Jamisons. Guess I felt I was part of the group. Oh well, maybe I am now. I always say I won't get involved in "another one", but here I am now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC