OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, I don't think that if they were intentionally leaving they would have left behind a large sum of much-needed money.

Y'all are probably being real nice in not pointing out to me that Jack and Donna are FROM SALLISAW. So, yeah ... i would say they just might be related to "the Jamisons of Sallisaw". LOL

Am still working on a potential Jamison/Philpot relationship. I know Gary P was the Chief of Sallisaw PD, and that Jonny P was with Sallisaw PD from 1977 to 1983 (part of which was as Assistant Chief). Does anyone know when Gary P started with Sallisaw PD and when he became Chief?

Y'all are probably being real nice in not pointing out to me that Jack and Donna are FROM SALLISAW. So, yeah ... i would say they just might be related to "the Jamisons of Sallisaw". LOL

Am still working on a potential Jamison/Philpot relationship. I know Gary P was the Chief of Sallisaw PD, and that Jonny P was with Sallisaw PD from 1977 to 1983 (part of which was as Assistant Chief). Does anyone know when Gary P started with Sallisaw PD and when he became Chief?

Couldn't find the PD info but I'll bump the thread with a couple-three Sallisaw facts and regional context:

1. Oklahoma's Robin Hood (well, Okies think so) Charles Arthur (Pretty Boy) Floyd, celebrated in song by Woody Guthrie, grew up in Sallisaw and the vicinity and is buried near there, a big part of its outlaw tradition.
2. The surrounding Cookson Hills were well-known as an outlaw hideout - Belle Starr, the Dalton Gang, Pretty Boy, Ma Barker, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, Alvin (Creepy) Karpis, and many others took advantage of the location.
3. In John Steinbeck's great novel "The Grapes of Wrath," the Joad family left its Dust Bowl-swept sharecropping acreage outside Sallisaw to hit the road for hoped-for greener pastures in California.

Silly, I thought I also read somewhere that the Jamison's and Philpot's are related. I have read so many things it might take me awhile to find it.

Thanks for those interesting tidbits wfg !! Made me think of Robbers Cave Park (and the fact that Johnny P used to be a park ranger).

Sounds like all the rumours about organized crime floating around that neck of the woods aren't just rumours. Geez Oklahoma ... you folks need bigtime Mr. Clean to pay a visit to your fine state ;)

So, found this interesting article on ye olde P family surname in Sequoyah:

Sequoyah County Commissioner Hoyet Philpot is accused with others of drug-running ...

May 4--SALLISAW -- A former Sequoyah County commissioner is among several people who were arrested this week in an alleged multimillion-dollar drug ring involving several states. Hoyet Philpot, a county commissioner from 1992 to 1999, is accused of helping transport drugs for Samuel "Sammy" Valdivia, whom federal agents allege is the leader of the drug ring, according to a Drug Enforcement Administration complaint. "Sammy Valdivia uses relatives and others to transport large amounts of drugs and drug proceeds to and from various locations …

silly,

that's some amazing stuff you're investigating (mtrooper also).
Just out of curiosity, do you feel, in your opinion, that they left voluntarily to start a new life or a different scenerio?

sherilyn would have never left without checking in with her son. They r not out there somewhere starting a new life. No facts to back this up..... Only knowing her better than anyone else.

sherilyn would have never left without checking in with her son. They r not out there somewhere starting a new life. No facts to back this up..... Only knowing her better than anyone else.

I agree NS ... this isn't just about leaving the family dog in the car .. there are some loved ones they wouldn't simply walk away from forever. WSrs always try to look at all sides of the story and keep a glimmer of hope alive. However, very sadly I would have to conclude this family has met with foul play. I hope for a miracle that we are all proven wrong.

I agree NS ... this isn't just about leaving the family dog in the car .. there are some loved ones they wouldn't simply walk away from forever. WSrs always try to look at all sides of the story and keep a glimmer of hope alive. However, very sadly I would have to conclude this family has met with foul play. I hope for a miracle that we are all proven wrong.

Very well said, sillybilly! Thank you!

It's good to see you posting, Niki. You ARE the "lifeline" to the missing Jamisons! :angel:

Still checking on what appears to be massive corruption in the area ...

Former Sequoyah County District Attorney Richard Gray appeared Wednesday before a multi-county grand jury at the Oklahoma County Courthouse.

In September, two former aides to Gray pleaded guilty to felony charges including drug possession and perjury.

Vyrl Keeter, who headed a drug task force and served as office administrator for Gray's office, pleaded guilty to charges that he asked witnesses to lie to the grand jury.

I don't have a date on the above article yet, but it brings a few other things to mind. When Hoyet P was charged in 1999 (IIRC), Donna would have been Clerk at the same time. Then I recall various auditor's reports indicating that if they were able to conduct a special audit it would bring more to light. Seems those special audits were never authorized. Then I recall that the matter of DJ's (ahem) insufficiencies? would be addressed with the DA (probably not Gray, but with this motley crew, who knows about his successor).

FWIW, further to my previous post about Johnny P being park ranger, it was at Brushy Lake Provincial Park outside Sallisaw. Might be a good place to take the dogs, eh?

I have to say after all my years on this planet (and they are quite a few ;)), I have NEVER seen this degree of corruption in a given area !!

Nicki ... a word of advice here. I can say all sorts of stuff because I live a zillion miles away ... you don't. Continue to keep hope alive for your friends, but stay away from any of this discussion on the politicial corruption, organized crime aspect of this convo (other than PMs if you feel the need).

Silly, I thought I also read somewhere that the Jamison's and Philpot's are related. I have read so many things it might take me awhile to find it.

Thanks little .. would be great if you can come up with it.

I have been reading about, Blue Ribbon Downs, a horse racing track in Sallisaw. At one time, a Scott Jamison, was general manager of the track.

http://newsok.com/cherokee-chief-ra...le/3441892?custom_click=pod_headline_business

Well, fancy that eh? Seems drug lord Sammy Valdivia has a barn at Blue Ribbon Downs:

http://www.sequoyahcountytimes.com/view/full_story/604659/article-Feds-Smash-Alleged-Drug-Ring

One of the leading trainers of Quarter Horses in the world, his wife, several family members, friends and associates were arrested Tuesday morning by agents with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and arraigned in U.S. Federal Court in Muskogee on drug charges.

Horse trainer Samuel E. Valdivia, 43, his wife, Rhonda Valdivia, 37, Paul Philpot, 61, Travis E. Philpot, 28, former County Commissioner Hoyet W. Philpot, 57, Onesimo Garza, age unavailable, Pamela S. Pearson, 44, David Nelson, 44, and Twila Nelson, 33, are all accused of a drug trafficking operation from the Valdivias' horse ranch north of Sallisaw on U.S. Highway 59.

I hope the Feds stay on top of this like white on rice.

ETA: Sorry for so many posts in a row.

Well, fancy that eh? Seems drug lord Sammy Valdivia has a barn at Blue Ribbon Downs:

http://www.sequoyahcountytimes.com/view/full_story/604659/article-Feds-Smash-Alleged-Drug-Ring

I hope the Feds stay on top of this like white on rice.

ETA: Sorry for so many posts in a row.

The last link you provided is very interesting, silly. Did you read the part about driving a "...white Ford pickup?" I know I'm thinking about another Oklahoma case, but found it interesting.:waitasec:

very well said, sillybilly! Thank you!

It's good to see you posting, niki. You are the "lifeline" to the missing jamisons! :angel:

if only this were true. This is slowly killing me. I want them found now.... Bodies or alive. Tryin to keep an impartial foot and keep the peace between starlet and connie is taxing as well. I dont know what else to do.....

nicki ... A word of advice here. I can say all sorts of stuff because i live a zillion miles away ... You don't. Continue to keep hope alive for your friends, but stay away from any of this discussion on the politicial corruption, organized crime aspect of this convo (other than pms if you feel the need).

i appreciate that..... Honestly, i have not delved into that part because i am already overwhelmed. I am trusting u guys to get the dirt and pertinant facts from that. Thanks to everyone for all of ur hard work. With out u all, i wouldve given up and lost hope in november. So from the bottom of my heart, thank u.
U r all my family now.

I have a bunch of family tree info, would anyone want me to post it? Mainly taken from obits.

I have a bunch of family tree info, would anyone want me to post it? Mainly taken from obits.

Yes, mtrooper!

I told sillybilly, I thought the Philpot family was related to the Jamison's. But after rereading, I'm not so sure.

Yes, mtrooper!

I told sillybilly, I thought the Philpot family was related to the Jamison's. But after rereading, I'm not so sure.

I'm leaning that way too, little. I simply can't find ANY family connection at this point ... i think i'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

Having said that, a family connection certainly isn't a prerequisite to form collusion. When we look at the motley crew that was running the joint, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that employees would likely go with the flow or they might not be around for long.

Like you, i've been hounding this for a couple of days now, but am simply not finding a FAMILY connection. If you think any of the obits show something meaningful, then that would be good ... but I've come to the conclusion there is no Jamison/Philpot family relationship.

I am more inclined to think that any connections that exist would stem more from employment and/or personal relationships outside the family circles.

What sayest thou ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member