OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH...communication via this mode does not work well.

LOL, ain't that the truth. But it's better than none. :)
It's all good. I think we're all on the same page. lol.

There's something other than left, right, ambi.

Thus another example of anti-stereotyping.

I do some things left-handed, other things right-handed.

So I think you might be misguided about making assumptions about left/right handendess. :)

I can't be the only one.

There's something other than left, right, ambi.

Thus another example of anti-stereotyping.

I do some things left-handed, other things right-handed.

So I think you might be misguided about making assumptions about left/right handendess. :)

I can't be the only one.

Not making any assumptions at all ...I do the same thing. Thats my definition of ambi. ;)

Not making any assumptions at all ...I do the same thing. Thats my definition of ambi. ;)
Like I said, I wasn't tawkin to you. LOL.

Love ya. And very very glad that you heard me. :heart:

Oh, btw, if I could...I would SO be up for makin' coffee, cookin', and doing awesome computer support and whatever it takes. But alas. SIGH. Next lifetime, I guess.

Like I said, I wasn't tawkin to you. LOL.

Love ya. And very very glad that you heard me. :heart:

Oh, btw, if I could...I would SO be up for makin' coffee, cookin', and doing awesome computer support and whatever it takes. But alas. SIGH. Next lifetime, I guess.

Send virtual coffee. It has twice the caffeine as real. :)

Some background to help clarify why I am interested in this. My partner is retired Army (20+ yrs with Special Forces.) When he retired, he did some contract work. Needless to say we also have about 10 very close friends currently in either Iraq or Afghanistan doing contract work. We both also have SC's for other purposes. I absolutely understand the security and sensitivity issues involved.

Now- the reason why I asked was actually not for clarity for myself on DoD and SC issues, but because something I 'heard' (rumor alert!) re: the sheriff and a SC did not fit in any way shape or form with my understanding of gaining a SC for the purpose of working as a contractor in Iraq, if you KWIM?

Make sense?

ETA: thank you for your help, and I hope your husband is in one of the safer positions in Afghanistan. I will keep him in my prayers. I know well what it's like to worry incessantly when someone you love is in a war zone...even if they are sitting at a desk all day long on a US base, much less- possibly on the ground.

Thanks - he's actually not - he's on a tiny outpost in the epi-center of the Taliban strong hold near the Pakistan border - suicide bombers at the front gate - it's pretty bad. But anywaaay....

I think I know what you mean and what I can tell you is that it seems odd, but yes, every single person there has to have a security clearance and one of those cards...that let you on a military base? can't think of the name of it- it's rigorous - depending on your job I can imagine it gets more intensive. So the level of security clearance he would have been given would be dependent on the capacity he was hired. But the short answer is, yes he would have it if he worked over there.

[/B]

Well...if you were to, say, wear a firearm at most times...what side of your belt/pants would you wear it on? What hand would you pull it with?

That would be my left.
As that is my control hand. Objects just work better in that hand.

O/T Power tools scare me, it seems they are all made for right handed people.

That would be my left.

I'm left-handed as well...I hold my fork with my left hand and just tend to favor that hand for most everything...except that I had to adjust to driving stick and shifting with my right hand, and I also had to learn to play the violin and guitar in the traditional, right-handed way...from the beginning, though, I have never been able to use left-handed scissors. I cut with my right hand. So if the Jamisons are anything like me, it might be hard to tell which hand they favored...

I'm left-handed as well...I hold my fork with my left hand and just tend to favor that hand for most everything...except that I had to adjust to driving stick and shifting with my right hand, and I also had to learn to play the violin and guitar in the traditional, right-handed way...from the beginning, though, I have never been able to use left-handed scissors. I cut with my right hand. So if the Jamisons are anything like me, it might be hard to tell which hand they favored...
TY.

Love your username, btw. ;)

Thanks - he's actually not - he's on a tiny outpost in the epi-center of the Taliban strong hold near the Pakistan border - suicide bombers at the front gate - it's pretty bad. But anywaaay....

I think I know what you mean and what I can tell you is that it seems odd, but yes, every single person there has to have a security clearance and one of those cards...that let you on a military base? can't think of the name of it- it's rigorous - depending on your job I can imagine it gets more intensive. So the level of security clearance he would have been given would be dependent on the capacity he was hired. But the short answer is, yes he would have it if he worked over there.

Ok, totally O/T but your husband just got rebooted up on my prayers list cause I think I know the post you are talking about. Donation made to Toys for Tots today in the name of SeeingForThe1stTime and also please tell him Oriah says to keep his head down. (Hope that's ok. ;) )

Re: SC clearances... I know I won't be able to get anything in print or media about applications...but I, umm, might. Off to check other sources.

That would be my left.

As wfgodot pointed out, there are many more righties than lefties, Which is why so many tools, systems, products, etc made in large quantities are in proportion made on the larger scale than those made specifically for lefties.

Many items are used in both ways by people of have all differences of hand preferences.

My initial question perhaps should have been more directed.

If you are LE and carry a firearm, you are trained to carry it a certain way and over time- typically the holster of your firearm worn at your hip) will begin to show wear and tear/softening/etc (depending on the type of holster)
If you are a citizen without LE training, you may carry a weapon completely differently, which might show a different wear and tear pattern on your holster.

Is anyone following me?

(also- wfgodot- I would love a literary reference for this! It would make my day!)

“Bless you, dear lady. You can always tell an old soldier by the inside of his holsters and cartridge boxes. The young ones carry pistols and cartridges; the old ones, grub.”

--George Bernard Shaw from his play, Arms and the Man

Thoughtlessly, Shaw was thinking less about the righty/lefty conundrum and more about chips when he wrote the line.

“Bless you, dear lady. You can always tell an old soldier by the inside of his holsters and cartridge boxes. The young ones carry pistols and cartridges; the old ones, grub.”

--George Bernard Shaw from his play, Arms and the Man

Thoughtlessly, Shaw was thinking less about the righty/lefty conundrum and more about chips when he wrote the line.

:D

As always, thank you.

Mtrooper, do you know if the sheriff questioned the people from church who were going to go with the Jamisons that Monday?

Ok, totally O/T but your husband just got rebooted up on my prayers list cause I think I know the post you are talking about. Donation made to Toys for Tots today in the name of SeeingForThe1stTime and also please tell him Oriah says to keep his head down. (Hope that's ok. ;) )

Re: SC clearances... I know I won't be able to get anything in print or media about applications...but I, umm, might. Off to check other sources.

Oh my gosh, your a sweetheart!!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to tell Billy! I know he will be just as touched as I am. Thank you Thank you!!

I'm almost certain I have that paperwork. Give me a little time to get my hands on it, in the meantime let me know how to get it to you. Shouldn't take long...probably tonight but tomorrow at the latest.

I'm still smiling....you made my day!

As wfgodot pointed out, there are many more righties than lefties, Which is why so many tools, systems, products, etc made in large quantities are in proportion made on the larger scale than those made specifically for lefties.

Many items are used in both ways by people of have all differences of hand preferences.

My initial question perhaps should have been more directed.

If you are LE and carry a firearm, you are trained to carry it a certain way and over time- typically the holster of your firearm worn at your hip) will begin to show wear and tear/softening/etc (depending on the type of holster)
If you are a citizen without LE training, you may carry a weapon completely differently, which might show a different wear and tear pattern on your holster.

Is anyone following me?

(also- wfgodot- I would love a literary reference for this! It would make my day!)

Sherilyn got the gun used , if she would have also got the holster used as well there wouldnt be much use in reading the pattern of the wear.

Oh my gosh, your a sweetheart!!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to tell Billy! I know he will be just as touched as I am. Thank you Thank you!!

I'm almost certain I have that paperwork. Give me a little time to get my hands on it, in the meantime let me know how to get it to you. Shouldn't take long...probably tonight but tomorrow at the latest.

I'm still smiling....you made my day!

update to my previous response....Found them.

Sherilyn got the gun used , if she would have also got the holster used as well there wouldnt be much use in reading the pattern of the wear.

Soul, do you think it's a lead NOT worth pursuing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129