OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have A UUUMMMMHHH....old friend that works for the EPA....Dont make me call him......OK......please....please...Angelo DEGIACOMO..epa hmmmm Im deleting this for my own sake

Oh Sooner...I think we might, ahem....know some of the same peeps. They're just new friends, for me. :)

Really...Please feel free to keep your blizzard conditions to the south. They just put us under a warning for 10-14 inches of snow by tomorrow AM. DAMN. I JUST got plowed out from the last dumping. Grrr. I guess I live in Michigan, I should expect snow. Ok I will shut up now.

Sorry for the off topic, but have been crazy busy up here. Glad to know you guys are still on it. Go team Jamison!

PLEASE do not send your weather to the South. We are busy enough as is!
(Oh wait- what am I saying.... the 'weather' is flippin' EVERYWHERE.)

But no worries- still hard at work on Team Jamison. ;)

Well, they were right about that blizzard (wfgodot topples from sight in an avalanche).

wfgodot, take the first step toward internal peace and be honest with yourself. We all know you're toppling from too many chips. ;)

Speaking of which....I'm kind of loving this ridiculously armageddon-style winter. It will become very useful in April. Unless it continues into May.

Soooo.....does anyone have any time today to do a little research into the phenomenon of properties for sale that advertise 'free gas' with property purchase in OK and surrounding areas? I'm curious about the subculture of gas companies, and how this system works legally.

For example, several years ago I looked at a rural property in West Virginia that I was interested in purchasing for the purpose of a training ground for my dogs. The property had a home on it as well as several outbuildings, and was approximately 70 acres. It also, quite interestingly enough, had a tiny church and graveyard on the opposite end of the property which was 'owned' by the county. So had I made the purchase (I didn't) I would have technically owned the parcel in entirety....with the exception of the very small footprint of the graveyard.

Properties owned by gas companies function, I believe, the same way when selling land with gas rights. Free gas for usage....but not owned by the purchaser.

Is anyone with me here?

Oriah-In regard to your question about land purchases and the kicker of free gas.This is from personal experience and I don't have a link to back it up.

When a property that has producing gas wells and/or a gas pipeline crossing it comes on the market for sale here in Oklahoma most usually these days the mineral interest/rights do not come with the surface!

Now that is where the free gas comes into play.The owner of the surface sometimes (not always) is given or allowed the use of free natural gas for personal use for accommodation for the aggravation of putting up with the daily invasion of their property by oil and gas companies pumpers and employees.Sometimes the surface owner has mineral interest and sometimes not.My son is manager on a ranch where the headquarters barn has (free gas) and needless to say it is toastie in there all the time.

The bottom line is if your looking to buy some land and free gas is/does come with it that would just be a BONUS!!!Maybe this will clear this up somewhat for you!!!

Ok, all caught up.

1- Yes they had other vehicles. 2 cars to be exact, along with the truck.

2- Sherilynn hadn't used her phone for many days before they went missing. (I will BRB with the dates)

3- I know that they had looked at other properties, but not sure which ones. She has some notes in her journal, and some e-mails from a real estate agent about a couple of pieces of property. The sheriff and I went out to another well site just North West of Robbers Cave state park, but still was in Latimer county. We know that they were intersted in that piece only because she had the property info written in her journal. She also had the realestate guys name in her rolodex on an index card (hand written).

Side note- love the tags for the thread...chips chips chips, topix ablaze

Speaking of topix, it has gotten a little crazy on there. I have read enough about UFOs to sustain me for the rest of my life.

I wish the topix posters would eat from the magical bag of chips, maybe they would disappear as well. We couldn't be so lucky.

Oriah-In regard to your question about land purchases and the kicker of free gas.This is from personal experience and I don't have a link to back it up.

When a property that has producing gas wells and/or a gas pipeline crossing it comes on the market for sale here in Oklahoma most usually these days the mineral interest/rights do not come with the surface!

Now that is where the free gas comes into play.The owner of the surface sometimes (not always) is given or allowed the use of free natural gas for personal use for accommodation for the aggravation of putting up with the daily invasion of their property by oil and gas companies pumpers and employees.Sometimes the surface owner has mineral interest and sometimes not.My son is manager on a ranch where the headquarters barn has (free gas) and needless to say it is toastie in there all the time.

The bottom line is if your looking to buy some land and free gas is/does come with it that would just be a BONUS!!!Maybe this will clear this up somewhat for you!!![/quote]

BBW:
Thank you C-Bar.
I'm definately not looking to buy land with 'free gas' in OK! And in fact came to the exact opposite conclusion from MY research, lol!
I'm even more concerned about the gas/oil companies and their independant contractors, and that whole 'constant invasion' thing.

It appears to be quite, ah, a corrupt business to be in. Kwim?

Well, they were right about that blizzard (wfgodot topples from sight in an avalanche).

Your so right wfgodot!!The weather people sure got this one right!!

I stumbled through snow drifts 2 or 3 feet deep in the barn yard going to feed the horses shortly after day light in S Central Oklahoma this morning.The Border Collie was having a ball plowing through the snow.Wish I enjoyed it as much as she did!!They are showing the wind chill -18 or -20 right now.Get ready MTrooper it's headed your way.

On a good note Oriah-Maybe this will start to put some much needed moisture in the ground which should help the dogs a bunch!!!

Ok, all caught up.

1- Yes they had other vehicles. 2 cars to be exact, along with the truck.

2- Sherilynn hadn't used her phone for many days before they went missing. (I will BRB with the dates)

3- I know that they had looked at other properties, but not sure which ones. She has some notes in her journal, and some e-mails from a real estate agent about a couple of pieces of property. The sheriff and I went out to another well site just North West of Robbers Cave state park, but still was in Latimer county. We know that they were intersted in that piece only because she had the property info written in her journal. She also had the realestate guys name in her rolodex on an index card (hand written).

Side note- love the tags for the thread...chips chips chips, topix ablaze

Speaking of topix, it has gotten a little crazy on there. I have read enough about UFOs to sustain me for the rest of my life.

I wish the topix posters would eat from the magical bag of chips, maybe they would disappear as well. We couldn't be so lucky.

We definately couldn't be so lucky. ;)

And as another side note...those coordinates written on the note pad.... property.

Your so right wfgodot!!The weather people sure got this one right!!

I stumbled through snow drifts 2 or 3 feet deep in the barn yard going to feed the horses shortly after day light in S Central Oklahoma this morning.The Border Collie was having a ball plowing through the snow.Wish I enjoyed it as much as she did!!They are showing the wind chill -18 or -20 right now.Get ready MTrooper it's headed your way.

On a good note Oriah-Maybe this will start to put some much needed moisture in the ground which should help the dogs a bunch!!!

Yeppers. That's what I'm hoping for. Sorry to all my Okie friends, but hard and heavy snow and freeze and then a good 'ole melt in the Spring will be ideal for the dogs.

Oriah-The constant invasion of private contractors/company workers is very real and there is nothing the surface owner can do to stop it!!You can lock the gates and sit there with your shotgun and they will get a court order and throw you in jail while they go ahead and do their thing.There will be a steady flow of people you don't know from pumpers,tank trucks,work-over rigs,and who knows who coming and going at all hours of the day and night.

I am sure it is the same over there in those hills.There is probably not any gates and God only knows who all accesses those roads up in those hills.I am sure the locals don't look out the window every time they hear a vehicle go by.I don't over here or I would look like a jack-in-the box.KWIM

Oriah-The constant invasion of private contractors/company workers is very real and there is nothing the surface owner can do to stop it!!You can lock the gates and sit there with your shotgun and they will get a court order and throw you in jail while they go ahead and do their thing.There will be a steady flow of people you don't know from pumpers,tank trucks,work-over rigs,and who knows who coming and going at all hours of the day and night.

I am sure it is the same over there in those hills.There is probably not any gates and God only knows who all accesses those roads up in those hills.I am sure the locals don't look out the window every time they hear a vehicle go by.I don't over here or I would look like a jack-in-the box.KWIM

Agree. And considering the mountain is the same with constant truck traffic and oil deals- well- lets just say I'm interested in the caliber of these folks.

wfgodot, take the first step toward internal peace and be honest with yourself. We all know you're toppling from too many chips. ;)

Speaking of which....I'm kind of loving this ridiculously armageddon-style winter. It will become very useful in April. Unless it continues into May.

Definitely Snowpocalypse Now out there currently. Bobbles took one look at the great out-of-doors and decided he didn't need to poo or pee again till, like, early June, and immediately got back under the covers. This is one of a few times I can use the adjective "raging" to modify the word "snowstorm." Wind from NNW at 19, gusting to 26.

Agree. And considering the mountain is the same with constant truck traffic and oil deals- well- lets just say I'm interested in the caliber of these folks.

Thats exactly what I was trying to say.You would never know unless you set up a booth and made everyone sign in and out.Some workers on work-over rigs can be convicted felons,sex offenders,and so on.If a person could find out what activities took place in the relevant time frame and the contractors that did the work then maybe there would be record of the people employed at that time.I guess then background checks could be done.You would think that's what LE would pursue if they were on the ball!!KWIM

Has the security video of the Jaminson's loading their cars as if they were 'in a trance' been released? For me, that was the strangest part of the show last night. Why would they need to make 20+ trips each? Why would they ignore each other? Could what they were loading be identified through the video? Was there maybe someone there that knew just where to stand so they wouldn't be on video? Questions, Questions, Questions.

That lady in black with dark hair? <modsnip> (or however) that was coming on here, but then left? Can I comment on what she said / her behavior?

Btw, that sheriff? Hott. I'd like to have me a slice of him.

Definitely Snowpocalypse Now out there currently. Bobbles took one look at the great out-of-doors and decided he didn't need to poo or pee again till, like, early June, and immediately got back under the covers. This is one of a few times I can use the adjective "raging" to modify the word "snowstorm." Wind from NNW at 19, gusting to 26.

Yes, I checked your radar, wfgodot. Remain indoors with Bobbles and do not venture out to buy "milk, toilet paper, shovels and beer" as one local newspaper reported Walmart was running low on.

I would hate to have to add you and Bobbles to the search grid.

Thats exactly what I was trying to say.You would never know unless you set up a booth and made everyone sign in and out.Some workers on work-over rigs can be convicted felons,sex offenders,and so on.If a person could find out what activities took place in the relevant time frame and the contractors that did the work then maybe there would be record of the people employed at that time.I guess then background checks could be done.You would think that's what LE would pursue if they were on the ball!!KWIM

BBM:
Yes, I kwim entirely. ;)
I suppose it's fortunate that inefficiency and/or corruption works both ways when there are also efficient and non-corrupt folks interested in finding missing persons.

Has the security video of the Jaminson's loading their cars as if they were 'in a trance' been released? For me, that was the strangest part of the show last night. Why would they need to make 20+ trips each? Why would they ignore each other? Could what they were loading be identified through the video? Was there maybe someone there that knew just where to stand so they wouldn't be on video? Questions, Questions, Questions.

That lady in black with dark hair? Was that the NSHENOLD (or however) that was coming on here, but then left? Can I comment on what she said / her behavior?

Btw, that sheriff? Hott. I'd like to have me a slice of him.

I'd ask a mod about commenting on banned users. My understanding is that they're not to be mentioned on WS's...however- sometimes they make MSM...and then I would imagine they are allowed?

And no- the video of 'the trance' has not be released per say. But it has been reviewed. And I could be wrong, but I think it's ummm.....lost in the chip locker now.

From the TV show, if Bobby Jamison was having such difficulty after the accident making repairs around the house, so that they had a live in helper for a time for simple home maintenance, why be looking at remote property which would require substantial hard work and labor, just to live every day? It doesn't make sense. But I suppose they could have been fantasizing about a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme