OK OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went back and reread the post....sorry, read it wrong the first time. I see now that it was unzipped when found. Think my mind is frozen from all this cold weather and snow !!!!

Have you seen the entire video ? I didn't notice them loading boxes either, but I don't think the program showed the entire thing, plus how is anyone sure when it was shot since the time and date wasn't correct ??

One other thing...did I read correctly that the cooler that was in the truck was zipped up...don't think Maizy "the wonder dog" could have zipped it back up after she was finished drinking from it !!! Each new tidbit of info makes this case more puzzling !!!

Granny, I did watch the video a few times. I did not see them loading boxes. Someone else did.

Jumping in here real quick and then gotta run again (pretend I was never here!) but wanted to check on my Okie and midwestern friends. All alive and with power?
Please be safe....watching the radar on a different search, but seeing you guys are hit HARD.
Stay in- and if ya gotta feed the cows, watch your step. Fingers crossed that it's not calving season for ya'll.

Jumping in here real quick and then gotta run again (pretend I was never here!) but wanted to check on my Okie and midwestern friends. All alive and with power?
Please be safe....watching the radar on a different search, but seeing you guys are hit HARD.
Stay in- and if ya gotta feed the cows, watch your step. Fingers crossed that it's not calving season for ya'll.

Overnight low here in extreme NE OK was twenty below zero. Currently sweltering as it's now 8° above.

The twenty below bests my personal mark of -19, set about thirty years ago. (I also milked a goat on a hill once on a New Year's morning when it was 12 below, in a steady, blade-like breeze. I immediately added that to my "will never do this again" list.)

And meanwhile, back in Eufaula (hiccup)....

Eufaula mayor back in jail
For the second time in as many months, Eufaula's mayor has been jailed on suspicion of drinking alcohol in violation of terms of his probation.

Robert Dean Smith, 49, is being held without bail in the McIntosh County jail. He was arrested Wednesday morning by Eufaula police after complaints were received he was driving erratically and had been drinking at a bar, Assistant District Attorney Crieg Rittenhouse said.

rest of this tale at link above

Overnight low here in extreme NE OK was twenty below zero. Currently sweltering as it's now 8° above.

The twenty below bests my personal mark of -19, set about thirty years ago. (I also milked a goat on a hill once on a New Year's morning when it was 12 below, in a steady, blade-like breeze. I immediately added that to my "will never do this again" list.)

Glad it's toasty warm, wfgodot!

I do question your judgement in milking a goat (goats are...strong-willed under the best of circumstances... much less under the extreme weather described) and so now have expanded my thoughts about the Jamisons.
Who can dig up the post re: the Lonely Goatherd??

wfgodot- when checking Walmart, please check the MP's posters for someone that...looks like you.

Stay warm. ;)

Just went back and reread the post....sorry, read it wrong the first time. I see now that it was unzipped when found. Think my mind is frozen from all this cold weather and snow !!!!

LOL , Good I can put my last straw away for spring when the search happens and they find the meth labs and stills and the Jamisons new container church complete with a foil steeple.

Glad to hear your not frozen Wfgodot.

Thanks for the thought Oriah! We are sun bathing down in these parts in 21 degree heat this afternoon.We are having some calves and I had one frozen night before last while the storm was on.Not finished making the rounds today so who knows.Chopping this ice is a ______!!Looking forward to the warm up this weekend for sure.I'm scared to go around a Wally World right now.Dangerous place to say the least!!!

Only -2 here in my part of good old OK this morning. But have had to spend the day unthawing the water pipes in the house. Note to self to be more careful when using a heat lamp...got it to close to the washer drain hose and nearly set the thing on fire! The smell of over-heated rubber hose still lingers in the air...too darn cold to open up the windows to chase it away !!!

Stay warm, all.
C-Bar, so sorry to hear about your calf. :(
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Stay warm, all.
C-Bar, so sorry to hear about your calf. :(
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Thanks Oriah I found calf number two late yesterday evening.I thought they would be OK up in some hay but no such luck.I have friends that have had worse luck.This has been the toughest two weeks on stock that I can remember in MANY YEARS of dealing with cattle.I heard on the weather we may set record high temp's next week.Boy is Oklahoma a great state or what?????

I read up on the Jamison family last spring but didn't go back and read each thread until I saw the "Disappeared" episode. The whole story just makes your head spin.

I have several questions. I guess I'll start w/ the infamous Maisie (sp?):

Was the hotdog wrapper ripped, cut open, or the type with a resealable top? Was the water available to the dog or was the cooler zipped (I read both ways)? Is it a fact that there were no signs of urine/feces within the truck? For Oriah or mtrooper if you've seen the inside of the truck, COULD the dog have been the who locked the truck?

Did the neighbor who last spoke w/ the Jamisons observe the truck in the location it was found on any of the days between the 8th and the 17th? How far does the neighbor live from that location? I forget now whether it was the neighbor who said they didn't see anyone else on that road during that time period, but does anyone know exactly how they answered the question - as in, they're saying they're SURE there was no one else on the road or just that they didn't happen to OBSERVE anyone on the road?

Drugs seem like a really obvious part of this but it's hard to believe if they were currently using there was no trace of such either in the truck or in their house. I'm also trusting that Sheriff Beauchamp is one of the "good guys" and credible, amidst all the discussion and incidents of within the LE system in OK. Oriah, mtrooper, could you give your impressions of him?

I'm not familiar w/ gps, but does it have a timeline available w/ it? Does it show the time lapse between the Jamisons parking on the mountain, going up to the rock where Madyson's pic was taken, then returning to the truck?

Having been in this situation myself, I feel very bad about asking this next question: is it possible to rule out Star as having anything to do w/ it? I found myself shaking my head that Bob Sr.'s $$ was distributed so quickly. While it may seem odd or off that Star was involved in that, I'm wondering if she a) has info that has not been made public that she made decisions based on and/or b) felt that she had to protect the interests of Bobby/Sherilyn/Madyson because if she didn't claim rights to it, someone else would. What I can't reconcile is that no reward was offered, there was not a lot of begging/pleading for information from the public, and that Madyson's clothing was given away.

I meant to say "incidents of misconduct" in that last post - for some reason there's not an edit option on it.

I hope my questions are making sense - I start typing about something and I think, wait a minute, what did I read about that again?? You all have done amazing, painstaking work on this case...amazing.

I rule out voluntary disappearance because why would they not then just walk off from their home, why leave behind the money? They wouldn't have left the dog, it doesn't sound like. HOW would they get off the mountain? If Sherilyn wanted for some reason to get away from Bobby w/ Madyson, why would she do it from the mountain (assuming she had help from her church)? Wouldn't it again be simpler to walk away one day from their home when he's not around? I rule out murder/suicide because...where are the bodies??? What are the chances, any guesses, to them still being on the mountain?

It IS curious to me that the only items we know of that are missing happen to be Sherilyn's: the briefcase and the gun...along w/ the presence of the hate/discontent letter. But could she really pull that off without a trace of where they are now? I feel like total crap for posting these possibilities because I know how hurtful it can be to the family to read...there are just SO MANY open directions for this to go.

I'd think if this were random, for any reason, the purse and wallet, at least, would have been taken.

As far as phone records go, I'm confused on the call on the 12th, after the Jamison's were supposedly already missing...is that in the absolute category - there WAS activity on the phone on the 12th?

Did LE track the Jamison's by the pings on their phone or is that not possible if there was no reception on the mountain? If any of these ??'s are stupid, forgive me - I am cell phone illiterate.

Thanks Oriah I found calf number two late yesterday evening.I thought they would be OK up in some hay but no such luck.I have friends that have had worse luck.This has been the toughest two weeks on stock that I can remember in MANY YEARS of dealing with cattle.I heard on the weather we may set record high temp's next week.Boy is Oklahoma a great state or what?????

:( I'm so sorry c-bar. It will warm up and no more calves lost.

I read up on the Jamison family last spring but didn't go back and read each thread until I saw the "Disappeared" episode. The whole story just makes your head spin.

I have several questions. I guess I'll start w/ the infamous Maisie (sp?):

Was the hotdog wrapper ripped, cut open, or the type with a resealable top? Was the water available to the dog or was the cooler zipped (I read both ways)? Is it a fact that there were no signs of urine/feces within the truck? For Oriah or mtrooper if you've seen the inside of the truck, COULD the dog have been the who locked the truck?

Did the neighbor who last spoke w/ the Jamisons observe the truck in the location it was found on any of the days between the 8th and the 17th? How far does the neighbor live from that location? I forget now whether it was the neighbor who said they didn't see anyone else on that road during that time period, but does anyone know exactly how they answered the question - as in, they're saying they're SURE there was no one else on the road or just that they didn't happen to OBSERVE anyone on the road?

Drugs seem like a really obvious part of this but it's hard to believe if they were currently using there was no trace of such either in the truck or in their house. I'm also trusting that Sheriff Beauchamp is one of the "good guys" and credible, amidst all the discussion and incidents of within the LE system in OK. Oriah, mtrooper, could you give your impressions of him?

I'm not familiar w/ gps, but does it have a timeline available w/ it? Does it show the time lapse between the Jamisons parking on the mountain, going up to the rock where Madyson's pic was taken, then returning to the truck?

Having been in this situation myself, I feel very bad about asking this next question: is it possible to rule out Star as having anything to do w/ it? I found myself shaking my head that Bob Sr.'s $$ was distributed so quickly. While it may seem odd or off that Star was involved in that, I'm wondering if she a) has info that has not been made public that she made decisions based on and/or b) felt that she had to protect the interests of Bobby/Sherilyn/Madyson because if she didn't claim rights to it, someone else would. What I can't reconcile is that no reward was offered, there was not a lot of begging/pleading for information from the public, and that Madyson's clothing was given away.

Lots of questions to be answered here...some that are definitive, others not so much. Give me a few days and I will answer what I can. And thank you for visiting the Jamisons thread! Please stay with us- we need as many eyes as possible here!

I'd think if this were random, for any reason, the purse and wallet, at least, would have been taken.

As far as phone records go, I'm confused on the call on the 12th, after the Jamison's were supposedly already missing...is that in the absolute category - there WAS activity on the phone on the 12th?

Did LE track the Jamison's by the pings on their phone or is that not possible if there was no reception on the mountain? If any of these ??'s are stupid, forgive me - I am cell phone illiterate.

There WAS activity.
By whom-to whom- and by whom- remains to be seen. But I imagine the phone knows. ;)

Yes, this has dampened my ardor for going out to WalMart this morning.

Ok, my Okie friends- forget the weather. Walmart is equally as dangerous. Just stay home and safe. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme