OK OK - Jeffrey Ben, 18, Clayton, 29 January 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am not sure what to even say. I just saw someone had posted on Jeffery's thread and couldn't belive what I read.

My heart breaks for his family, I can only hope & pray that now they can find some peace and hopefully the answers to the queastions they have had.

Bless your family in your time of need.

My heart weeps with Jeffrey's family at this terribly sad time. May peace be with you all as you continue on each day. Rest in Peace, Jeffrey.

From the information on his guestbook, it looks like his sister Alice was the person who actually dug his remains from the earth. What a horrible way to find your loved one...

taken from jeffrey's guestbook...so true...

I write this with a heavy heart and mixed emotions. I feel relief that Jeffrey was found so his mother, sister, brothers and the rest of his family and friends won't have to wonder where he is for years to come. I feel sickness as to what he might have gone through that night, sadness that such a beautiful soul was taken to early from the people who loved him, and anger as to whom is responsible for this act. Nothing will erase the memory of searching a hill side through leaves, pine needles and in between rocks for pieces of a loved one that some inhuman thing disgarded like trash, the look of pain on his mothers face not knowing for sure what she carries in a sack is what is left of her son. The tears we as a family have cried these last 5 years and the tears my daughter cried when finding a rib of her cousin she loved. They thought they had got away with murder, that they put him in a place where no one would find him, remote, rocky, rough terrain way back in the woods. But they forgot the most important part, God answers prayer. God led the loggers directly to Jeffrey, this I am certain. Justice is the Lord's, in His way, in His time. Everything hidden will come to light, just like Jeffrey's remains were found, just like the people responsible will be found. Right now all they have is time, but time stands still for no one.

I hadnt heard anything on the board under located so I didnt expect to find that he had been found on the charley project website. Though its sad, its good that his family and friends know the truth. Now I only hope they find who did this...

After posting this I went to "the voice for the missing" blog and read what was posted about Ben. Can someone please tell me that this boys family wasnt the one to find the body? That his brother didnt find a rib that was actually his brother? I cant imagine this....its even more horrible to me now....to actually find the remains....a relief and horror....I really really hope their is justice.

A.Wood said:
I hadnt heard anything on the board under located so I didnt expect to find that he had been found on the charley project website. Though its sad, its good that his family and friends know the truth. Now I only hope they find who did this...

After posting this I went to "the voice for the missing" blog and read what was posted about Ben. Can someone please tell me that this boys family wasnt the one to find the body? That his brother didnt find a rib that was actually his brother? I cant imagine this....its even more horrible to me now....to actually find the remains....a relief and horror....I really really hope their is justice.

I believe his sister found a rib, not neccesarily his rib. It doesn't sound as if they found all of the remains. I am waiting to hear news, and am not going to attempt contact at this time as I respect their privacy while mourning.

I hope testing will reveal something so the family does not have to deal with a new mystery.

Makes me wonder why the investigators did not rope the area off as a crime scene and have their people search the area, unearth his remains. So sad, so many questions remaining.

luckyevan93 said:
Makes me wonder why the investigators did not rope the area off as a crime scene and have their people search the area, unearth his remains. So sad, so many questions remaining.
I didn't think of that! I think some loggers in the area found the remains; it sounded as though the family *knew* it was Jeffrey even though another individual from the same town (it may have been 2 others...can't remember..1 for sure) went missing around the same time as Jeffrey. I would be curious to know if any tips were phoned in.

Can we post this on the located thread? I've followed this case intermittently & had no idea until finding the news on Charley that he was found.

I pray his family and friends will find the comfort they need.

lisan1373 said:
Can we post this on the located thread? I've followed this case intermittently & had no idea until finding the news on Charley that he was found.

I pray his family and friends will find the comfort they need.
Yes, I think that would be a great idea - I've been following it too and didn't find out until TODAY! So sad. His poor mother!

Can we please move this to located? This post has been here for at least a month now....

How horrible that it was his family that dug up his remains. I don't know if I could survive that. I honestly don't. If it was loggers that found something why was it the family that dug through the leaves, etc, to find the rest of his remains. Were they there before LE got there or did they go in afterwards and do some serious digging around? It sounds like it was a nephew that found a rib bone. What a horror for that family.

I wonder if LE has taken the cousin back in to question him? How could a cousin murder a cousin? I'm sure it happens but I just can't imagine killing one of my cousins. If they were watching a ball game together they must have hung out together. Maybe the cousin knows who was involved. That would be awful hard to find out that a family member did this. Probably turn this family more on end then it already is. Regardless, I hope LE find out who did this terrible thing. This young man deserves justice.

I've asked for Jeffrey's thread to be moved to the Located Forum two or three times without success so I thought I'd start a new thread and hopefully Jeffrey's thread will be moved.

Jeffrey's remains were positively identified March 30, 2006.

May you rest in peace Jeffrey! May your family begin to heal.

Here's his thread on the Missing but not Forgotten Forum...
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8314&page=1&pp=25

Lakergirl123 said:
I've asked for Jeffrey's thread to be moved to the Located Forum two or three times without success so I thought I'd start a new thread and hopefully Jeffrey's thread will be moved.

Jeffrey's remains were positively identified March 30, 2006.

May you rest in peace Jeffrey! May your family begin to heal.

Here's his thread on the Missing but not Forgotten Forum...
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8314&page=1&pp=25

I'm bringing over the link to his website:
http://www.jeffreyben.com/

What a handsome young man. Does anyone know what happened to him? I can't imagine not knowing for so long what happened to him or where he was. His family must have been in so much pain. Prayers for them.

Just thinking about Jeffrey and his family lately. I know his remains were found a year + ago. But still praying for the truth to come out and justice to be served.....

I am from Antlers, Ok do not live there now but grew up there. Antlers and Clayton is in Pushmataha county, Antlers is the county seat. Clayton and Antlers is not very big. The reason there is not much in the news about this you have 2 tv station both are out of Tx. kten is one of them and ant the other is Kxii channel 12 . YOu have the local newspaper that comes out 1 time a week they dont put it on the internet. You have Tulsa and Oklahoma City both are 150 miles north of Antlers. A lot of logging goes on there. I did not know jeffrey, but, I know Linda she is from Antlers. As far as I know they still dont how he got to where he was found or what/who caused him to die.

I can't imagine someone being killed for "stumbling onto" something. What were the big drugs in the area during that time? I'm assuming meth....was there anything else?

There is alot woods down where people grow marijauna and set up meth labs. I have heard of people being shot at for find others marijauna patches. So yes I could imagine someone getting killed for stumbling onto something.

From what i understand and heard when he was found is he was in the woods less then 5 miles from his truck. A logger was getting ready to start logging them woods and came across his remains and report it to the LE. Then LE let the family go out and find the rest of him. it would have been his mom, sister, and brothers. I dont think he has any nephews.

darrel hamions is the other guy that has went missing from the same area his wallet was found in the lake. As far as I know they have not found him.

JMO

I did not spell check this cause I cant find a spellcheck on here this is like my 3rd post on websleuths.

I am from Antlers, Ok do not live there now but grew up there. Antlers and Clayton is in Pushmataha county, Antlers is the county seat. Clayton and Antlers is not very big. The reason there is not much in the news about this you have 2 tv station both are out of Tx. kten is one of them and ant the other is Kxii channel 12 . YOu have the local newspaper that comes out 1 time a week they dont put it on the internet. You have Tulsa and Oklahoma City both are 150 miles north of Antlers. A lot of logging goes on there. I did not know jeffrey, but, I know Linda she is from Antlers. As far as I know they still dont how he got to where he was found or what/who caused him to die.

I can't imagine someone being killed for "stumbling onto" something. What were the big drugs in the area during that time? I'm assuming meth....was there anything else?

There is alot woods down where people grow marijauna and set up meth labs. I have heard of people being shot at for find others marijauna patches. So yes I could imagine someone getting killed for stumbling onto something.

From what i understand and heard when he was found is he was in the woods less then 5 miles from his truck. A logger was getting ready to start logging them woods and came across his remains and report it to the LE. Then LE let the family go out and find the rest of him. it would have been his mom, sister, and brothers. I dont think he has any nephews.

darrel hamions is the other guy that has went missing from the same area his wallet was found in the lake. As far as I know they have not found him.

JMO

I did not spell check this cause I cant find a spellcheck on here this is like my 3rd post on websleuths.

Sweetheart thanks for posting. Welcome. No one cares about spellcheck so don't worry about it (but if you'd feel better about it, it's in the top right hand corner when you post, but I think you have to download it).

If what you heard is true about the body, I am disgusted about the fact that LE would just let the family dig up the rest of the remains. Nice investigation. And we wonder why no one has been arrested for his murder (assuming he was murdered).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mandysis
Back