Identified! OK - Jones, WhtFem 255UFOK, 18-25, by river, dime embedded in body, Apr'80 Tamara Tigard

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Finally! Did they contact you?

Not when I first notified them a year and a half ago. I had sent information to them and to the Texas State Clearing House for Missing persons.

I recently found a new e-mail address for Midland Police (who have jurisdiction in Kristy's case) and re-sent everything. They contacted me a few days ago to say that they are talking with Oklahoma authorities to compare the two cases.

Photos compare favorably with the drawing, and the description seems to fit well. Hopefully the dental records will help determine for sure one way or the other.

There is also a victim found without clothing in a shallow grave 1/2 mile south of state route 84 on state route 29 on June 3, 1978. Her cause of death is considered to be blunt force trauma to the head and the body found to be covered in lime. She was 40 - 60 years of age, 5'0 - 5'5 and weighed approximately 180 lbs. She was also found to have had extensive dental work to both her upper and lower teeth.

I see similarities to each other in that there may be possible blood relation between the two victims considering their ages/height/hair color and so on?

Here is the latest Doenetwork case file information and link...

----------------------------
Unidentified White Female
Found on April 18, 1980, near Jones, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'7" (168-170 cm); 115-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde, Light reddish/brown shoulder length hair. Fair complexion with freckles on face and upper torso. Appendectomy scar. No fractures.
Clothing: None found.
Tattoos: On the left breast is a red and blue professional appearing tattoo of a heart with a scroll like line going through the heart. The heart measures to 1 cm.
Fingerprints: Available
Dental: Extensive dental work done, some teeth out of alignment.

Reconstruction of Victim can be seen at below link

Case History

Cause of death was homicide. The victim was shot three times with a .45-caliber revolver.

Found on the bank of the North Canadian river, east of Jones, Oklahoma. Body completely covered with a white powder substance - lime (a mixture of calcium oxide, calcium carbonate and calcium hydroxide). The victim is believed to have been dressed at the time of the murder as a dime was hit by a bullet and driven into her body.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations
405-848-6724
405-427-5421

OR
Agency Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Sherri Nunziato
405-239-7141
Email: s_nunziato@ocmeokc.state.ok.us

Agency Case #: 801364

NCIC Number: U-172838970

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 255UFOK

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/255ufok.html

Hi, I am very new to this so please forgive me if you think maybe I should have looked at a few other things before opening a thread. I couldn't find anything on this in search forums so thought I would see what you all think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1318dfok.html

Teresa Cupps
Missing since 1975 from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: April 8, 1957
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; brown hair.
* Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Tattoo on the right ankle. She has "track marks" from heroine use. She may have a scar on her abdomen area and a tattoo on her lower right leg.
* Dentals: Not available
* AKA: Kimbi R. Boyd, Virginia Collins, Kimvi Boyd, Kimbi Cupps.
* Other: She may use Date of Birth: April 8, 1956. Fingerprints are available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Cupps was admitted to the juvenile shelter in Tecumseh, which at the time was called Girlstown.

Everything found from police records, hospital records, social security, ends in 1975. Convicted of larceny in 1975, Teresa Cupps went into the Department of Corrections system, under a different name -- Kimbi Boyd. She stopped reporting to her probation officer in 1977. That's the last found solid documentation located.

After 13 years of no contact and no criminal activity, DOC dropped the charges against Teresa Cupps. There are no warrants for her arrest. Her sister is searching for her and made a missing persons report in 2004.

Possible match to -

https://identifyus.org/cases/4897

Status Unidentified
Case number 801364
Date Found April 18, 1980 at 12:00 AM

NamUs UP Case Number: 4897
ME/C Case Number: 801364
Oklahoma County, Oklahoma
20 to 25 Year Old White Female

Demographics
Estimated age
Adult - Pre 30
Minimum age 20 years
Maximum age 25 years
Race White
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 115, Estimated
Height (inches) 67, Estimated

Physical
Hair color Brown
Head hair
blonde or light brown - shoulder length
Scars and marks
On the lower abdomen above the level of the pubic hair is a Pfannenstiel type scar measuring 4cm by 1cm. The scar is horizontal.
Tattoos
Superior aspect of the left breast is a red and blue professional appearing tattoo of a heart with a scroll like line going through the heart. The heart measures to 1 cm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa would have been 22 when this Jane Doe was found. Both had brown hair, weights are similar, height is out by an inch or two. Both have abdomen scars. The tattoo info does differ though. Any thoughts? Or any feedback welcome, if this is not the kind of thing close enough to start a thread for! :)

I'm inclined to say it's probably not a match, but nor is it a rule out.

Age and location are both good, which is a start.

The Pfannenstiel scar is often used for hernia repair or Caesarian section (the most likely use in a younger woman I guess). It seems unlikely that Teresa had given birth or they might have explained why she had the scar. So maybe you'd expect a second scar if there were a C-section on Teresa.

An additional tattoo over three years isn't a problem - but a missing one (in Teresa's case, on the ankle) is.

Prints are on file, which would indicate (given Teresa's known record) that they might have been compared. An exception would be if Teresa's prints were destroyed as she aged out of the system - though maybe this wouldn't have happened in this case given that there was a warrant on her until 1990.

Finally the UID is tall and thin - 5'7" and 115. Teresa was only 5'3" - probably too big a discrepancy for non-skeletal remains. We know the remains weren't skeletal, despite the poor quality reconstruction, because prints are on file.

... We know the remains weren't skeletal, despite the poor quality reconstruction, because prints are on file.

We also know that they weren't skeletal because there is a photo of her tattoo on very pale, but intact skin.

Hi there, if there is already a thread for this girl, please merge.

The Doe Network:
Case File 255UFOK

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Female
•Found on April 18, 1980, near Jones, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
•Cause of death was homicide. The victim was shot three times with a .45-caliber revolver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 18 - 25 years old.
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'7" (168-170 cm); 115-120 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde to light reddish/brown shoulder length hair. Fair complexion with freckles on face and upper torso. Appendectomy scar. No fractures.
•Clothing: None found.
•Tattoos: On the left breast is a red and blue professional appearing tattoo of a heart with a scroll like line going through the heart. The heart measures to 1 cm.
•Fingerprints: Available
•Dental: Available. Extensive dental work done, some teeth out of alignment.

Tattoo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History

Found on the bank of the North Canadian river, east of Jones, Oklahoma. Body completely covered with a white powder substance - lime (a mixture of calcium oxide, calcium carbonate and calcium hydroxide).

The victim is believed to have been dressed at the time of the murder as a dime was hit by a bullet and driven into her body.

I searched for a girl with a similiar tattoo and though the and weight are off for this girl and she looks nothing like the reconstruction, she had a heart shaped tattoo on her breast in blue ink, just like the victim.

The Doe Network:
Case File 82DFCA

Left: Root in 1979; Right: Age-progressed to age 38 (circa 2003)

Alma Violet Root
Missing since January 1, 1980 from Auburn, Placer County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: February 8, 1965
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 130 pounds
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She goes by the name Violet.
•Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Tattoo of a small blue heart over her right breast.
•Dentals: Available
•DNA: mtDNA Available in CODIS.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Root had been staying with her boyfriend in Penryn. The boyfriend told police she asked him to drive her to her aunt's house in Rio Linda, CA on New Year's Day, 1980 when she disappeared. The boyfriend said he then went to work at McClellan Air Force Base, and when he returned to Rio Linda to pick Root up, she wasn't there
He later told police he didn't think it was strange because Root often ran away and hitchhiked. Root's family was mystified by his explanation because Root didn't have an aunt living in Rio Linda. No one has heard from Root since.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Placer County Sheriff's Department
Detective Lorrie Lewis
530-889-7800
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 911125043

NCMEC #: NCMC761400

NCIC Number: M-880318478
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency in regards to this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
California Department of Justice

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

Here is the UID's NamUs link. https://identifyus.org/cases/4897

Listed below are the 3 rule outs for this UID;

Unknown Butterfield 1957 Missouri
Margaret Hayes 1954 Indiana
Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia

Attachments

• kemp_tina2.jpg
    kemp_tina2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 255UFOK.jpg
    255UFOK.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 35
here is a great match, if and only if they got the date last known alive for the MP. Carol Donn is listed in Namus with a lka of October 20, 1980. however, in the narrative it says she was last seen alive on January 2, 1981. clearly one date is wrong (if not both). could it have been 1/2/80?

Carol was 17 y.o., had brown hair, was 5'6", weighed 120 lbs, had an appendectomy scar AND a heart tattoo supposedly on her left shoulder. if the tattoo was somewhere between the breast and shoulder I could see someone saying it was either.

Carol had a history of running away and had one time made it to NY.

of particular interest are the fact that the UID had 2 different scars. the Pfannenstiel scar is NOT the appendectomy. it was for some other purpose:

Pfannenstiel incision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carol was noted as having not only the appendectomy but a supposedly a 3" (I think that is supposed to be inches) on her left hip, but not sure how accurate that description is.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6022/24/

Even though the height is off, I am surprised that Tina Faye Kemp is not listed as a possible match. I feel she very strongly resembles the UID.

She seems to have a pale complexion with freckles, her hair also seems to match the UIDs and the timeframe seems to be somewhat consistent (with the UID expected dod being in 1979 and Tina's disappearance in 1979).

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kemp_tina.html

That is an amazing resemblance. I don't think she's Tina though. Tina was too young, too short, her hair was too dark, and she had no dental work (or so I was told by Hal Brown).

Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office Tries To Solve 33-Year-Old Mystery

The woman’s body was found April 18, 1980, on the east bank of the river near the town of Jones. She became known as “Lime Lady” because her killer used lime to accelerate the decomposition process.

Investigators say the killer actually aided the investigation because the lime used helped preserve the victim’s body.

The victim was white and between the ages of 18 and 25 when she died. She was 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 7 inches tall, 118 to 120 pounds,and had brown hair and extensive dental work. Some of her teeth were out of alignment.

The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office has released a sketch of the victim, and they hope someone will recognize her.

Couldn't find anything about this case around here so I thought I would add it. Looks like the Oklahoma County Sheriff's department is really trying to get some help on this on.

Article from July 11 2012

http://www.examiner.com/article/police-seek-identity-of-1980-jane-doe

"The woman's skin was fair with soft freckles dotting her face and upper torso.

She had irregular teeth with numerous areas of restoration. Her teeth were in excellent condition, indicating good oral hygiene and her wisdom teeth were missing. The female had an appendectomy scar on her lower abdomen and a tattoo on her upper left chest of a red and blue, professionally rendered tattoo of a heart with a scroll like line going through the heart. The heart and line was done was in blue ink and center of heart is colored in red ink.

The death of the woman was ruled a homicide in 1980. She was shot 3 times in the chest area with a .45 caliber pistol. Police determined that the woman was likely shot at another location and dumped at the river's edge. A dime was found inside a chest wound on the woman along with a .45 caliber bullet, indicating that she had been dressed when she was shot or holding a handbag in front of herself. The victim’s body was found nude, laying on her back, and covered in lime."

This one is much different from the other two:
attachment.php
_____
255UFOK.jpg
255UFOK1.jpg

The hairstyles are completely different.

Attachments

• w640-f85ccfbe521044609397493a61108c7d.jpg
    w640-f85ccfbe521044609397493a61108c7d.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 296
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/west_micki.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/18179/0/
Marvin Lee Irvin confessed to killing Ms. West but was never tried for the crime, he also killed two other women, shot them both in the chest to which he is prison for, Irvin had been married to Ms. West's sister. He said that he had buried her with his other two victims in a field in Kansas, the investigators found the other two but not Ms. West.
ETA: I forgot, it's only 389 miles from St. Joseph Mo (where Ms. West disappeared) to Oklahoma City, OK....
Here is the side by side

Attachments

• Micki Joe West missing Sept 11 1979.jpg
    Micki Joe West missing Sept 11 1979.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 90

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads